1JZ places for tech/swap and parts

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
What all map sensors can be used on a 1j? !jz, 2jz, hks and apexi, mr2? Any others?

I need to find one soon.

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
hvyman;1700183 said:
What all map sensors can be used on a 1j? !jz, 2jz, hks and apexi, mr2? Any others?

I need to find one soon.

So far I know 1JZ, 2JZ can be used for each other. As far as the MR2 I would look into that and see. I am not sure if they're calibrated for a certain type of engine or not. I would like to know the limits of the 1JZ/2JZ map sensor. I am looking into more tuning option for my ECU and electronics before I go stand alone on my SC3.

ProjectAIB

Sep 17, 2012
N/A
Hi SM
this might b stupid but i am juz cuirsous y should u send n ur 1jz harness wen the engine have its own ecu n wire.
wht is there that is missing n that it needs to b send n for a pro 2 do.
the cluster n the lights r apart fr the motor.
im juz stuck n cnt get it out of my head. i dnt c whts there to b done.

can some1 point it out y should it b sent n?

I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE THE HELP SO I CAN GET IT OUT OF MY HEAD

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
ProjectAIB;1879096 said:
Hi SM
this might b stupid but i am juz cuirsous y should u send n ur 1jz harness wen the engine have its own ecu n wire.
wht is there that is missing n that it needs to b send n for a pro 2 do.
the cluster n the lights r apart fr the motor.
im juz stuck n cnt get it out of my head. i dnt c whts there to b done.

can some1 point it out y should it b sent n?

I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE THE HELP SO I CAN GET IT OUT OF MY HEAD

You are correct the engine harness is fine and does not need changing. the problem lies in the other harnesses in the car. The Body harness and harness that goes to your gauge cluster are different and require either an adapter harness or being changed over to match the body harness for the JZA70 from Japan so that all will work together properly

Lsxfox

Nov 14, 2014
Jacksonville
can someone please help me out..pm me in case I cant find this link again...I have a 1jzgte out of a supra, I am trying to make it a stand alone harness because I am trying to put it in a fox body mustang..my problem is that I have this wiring done ( https://www.facebook.com/JzSwapWiri...3772611731986/383784955064085/?type=1&theater ) (copy and paste) and it still will not start up..i just had the engine and trans in a 91 Toyota pickup truck and I pulled it out because the truck was alittle more beat up then I cared for..i was putting the engine setup in a 88 mk3 supra but it was wrecked bad in rear so I pulled back out so please don't hate for the swap im doing now haha
any help on what im missing just to get this thing to start back up again I appreciate very much, I have looked and looked and cant find anything on just doing a simple stand alone harness setup that can go in any car..thanks for any help again