1JZ places for tech/swap and parts

bluemkiii

redmkiii's little brother
Jul 25, 2007
phoenix, AZ
RWHP;1020549 said:
I bought the Camry throttle cable and it's to long, it reaches to the headlight :( Have to buy a MkIV throttle cable and see if it fits better.

You probably bought the wrong one because I'm running one and it fits perfect.

gravesdu_99

Jun 30, 2007
Potsdam
Wondering if anybody has this part number. I talked to aaron about a 1jz air temperture sensor. He told me that there is a gm fast-response sensor that is better and is cheap. So if anybody can help me out with a part number that would be great, so far a can't find anything with the same thread pitch.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
gravesdu_99;1160842 said:
Wondering if anybody has this part number. I talked to aaron about a 1jz air temperture sensor. He told me that there is a gm fast-response sensor that is better and is cheap. So if anybody can help me out with a part number that would be great, so far a can't find anything with the same thread pitch.
Have you tried calling him back and asking him, or ask him in his vendor section. He usually answers all questions there. Good luck.

jdwakko97;1190481 said:
hey, everyone. do ya guyz know how i can get 1jz and r154 for less than 2 grand.
Talk to Aaron at www.driftmotion.com or Jose @ Kaizen. I doubt you can get one that cheap from them, but at least you won't have to worry about gettting screwed out of your money. You can one cheap from ebay, but the warranty and the customer service after the sale will suck.

Dehacked;1190622 said:
1JZ lighter than 2JZ? anyone know weights of these engines?
I know the 2jz is about an inch taller and half a liter bigger so I would think it weighed a little more, but I don't know for a fact. I doubt there's enough difference to worry about. Have you tried googling the answer?
mk3supraoz;1200677 said:
will the idle control from the 2jz fit the 1jz?

You can buy one from an auto parts store and try it, and then take it back if you don't want to pay the price of a new one. I don't know how much it would be, but at least you'd know the answer.

bkma71

supra coupe
Jun 7, 2005
troutdale, Oregon
Update on 1jz info and sticky's need to be updated as well.

Ok I have recently been planning to do a 1jz swap. Been looking around the nw area for quite a while. I would like to get a clip for swapping and have found one on that came from jarco inc. Which comes with rear subframe and driveshaft as well as the front cut. I had originally planned on ordering from driftmotion however they have recently raised their price and for shipping to me would also cost a few hundred. Canada is closer and cheaper to import from, in most cases.

Anyways when I was looking I did find a place north of seattle that imports soarer 1jz motorsets minus the trans for 1000. They also have aristo 2jz motorsets for 2000. It is called kami dori. And for anyone that may be looking that already has a r154 this may be a good way to save some money. 1j and 2jz bot have been getting really popular among the 240sx people and I believe this is bringing more people to import them which intern gets us a better price.

Also searching threw the stickys on 1jz swap info I ran into a lot of dead links. I know everyone is going 2j now insteat but a update for those that still want to do 1jz would be nice.

Anyways the point of this little rant was to give all the supra owners that still may be shopping a update. So if you know any good places please post them. Just as well don't overlook your local 240 shop as many of them do import or get import clips and motorsets and they may possibly be able to get you a good deal.

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
bkma71;1259355 said:
Update on 1jz info and sticky's need to be updated as well.

Ok I have recently been planning to do a 1jz swap. Been looking around the nw area for quite a while. I would like to get a clip for swapping and have found one on that came from jarco inc. Which comes with rear subframe and driveshaft as well as the front cut. I had originally planned on ordering from driftmotion however they have recently raised their price and for shipping to me would also cost a few hundred. Canada is closer and cheaper to import from, in most cases.

Anyways when I was looking I did find a place north of seattle that imports soarer 1jz motorsets minus the trans for 1000. They also have aristo 2jz motorsets for 2000. It is called kami dori. And for anyone that may be looking that already has a r154 this may be a good way to save some money. 1j and 2jz bot have been getting really popular among the 240sx people and I believe this is bringing more people to import them which intern gets us a better price.

Also searching threw the stickys on 1jz swap info I ran into a lot of dead links. I know everyone is going 2j now insteat but a update for those that still want to do 1jz would be nice.

Anyways the point of this little rant was to give all the supra owners that still may be shopping a update. So if you know any good places please post them. Just as well don't overlook your local 240 shop as many of them do import or get import clips and motorsets and they may possibly be able to get you a good deal.

Ill see what i can do about updating my original post

jt2ma71

Impeller Head
Mar 30, 2005
Washington State
www.cardomain.com
Hey, I was wondering if I can get some info. I have 1JZ-GTE VVTi. Are these parts the same as the ones from 2jz-GTE/GE VVTi?

Intake cam gear assembly, mainly need the o-rings.
Crank trigger wheel
Intake/exhaust cam seals
VVTi solenoid o-rings

Thanks.

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
the crank trigger wheel should be the same, but the cam seals are def not gonna be the same on that.

not sure on the other ones tho

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
jt2ma71;1270925 said:
Hey, I was wondering if I can get some info. I have 1JZ-GTE VVTi. Are these parts the same as the ones from 2jz-GTE/GE VVTi?

Intake cam gear assembly, mainly need the o-rings.
Crank trigger wheel
Intake/exhaust cam seals
VVTi solenoid o-rings

Thanks.

ask Soapra he might know a bit more

dzoni6680

Jun 16, 2009
los angeles
935motorsports;378373 said:
Don't forget us!

- Pre-made plug and play harnesses
- Harness extension and conversion service
- 1jzgte single turbo kits and parts
- Hard to find stock 1JZ parts (used)
- Complete swap service (in SoCal)
- 1JZ Lighweight flywheels

- LIVE phone support

Our 1JZ Section Link : https://935motorsports.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=79_14_144

Hi there,

can anyone tell me what parts are compatible with a 1jzgte, if i want to swap it over to a clutch fan. i mean what are the parts ? for example what year water pump do i need? what clutch fan is the fan coming out of? and what blade will work with the fan. if any one can give the part number or just the vehicle and year of the parts that ll be great too. thanks in advance.

jonathan