$150 bet for me to run 13.5, need advice

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
If you read the threads on how to drag race, you will see that you don't want to raise the size of the wheel. 16"s will be best. They say that 18"s will kill you at the track. But, if you are trading size for traction, I don't know if won't be OK.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Yeah, but isn't the 1j rated at 280hp/268lbft from the factory? And I'm sure this wasn't his first time on the track like our buddy queenskid here. BTW queenskid, you did say you were going to get some practice before the big day. That should have been last week. Did you go to the dragstrip? Are you still going to race for that $150? What's the deal?

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
honestabe;1300607 said:
Suprapowaz you are correct in your numbers. A 1J Supra will run low 13's stock.

Kwnate ran an 8.00 in the eighth with his stock 1jz. It had a different pipe from the turbos to the down pipe, but other than that it was stock.

queenskid926

Tires yeling @ every Lite
Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
Suprapowaz!(2);1300561 said:
Yeah, but isn't the 1j rated at 280hp/268lbft from the factory? And I'm sure this wasn't his first time on the track like our buddy queenskid here. BTW queenskid, you did say you were going to get some practice before the big day. That should have been last week. Did you go to the dragstrip? Are you still going to race for that $150? What's the deal?

update:

for my swap i swapped in a jdm motor, upon start up the fluids was mixing. i swapped the headgasket and the fluids was still mixing. Pulled the head off and sent it to the machine shop and it was warped. So now im re-assembling everything but it doesnt look like it will be ready for the meet. How ever i will take it to the track the way it sits rite now and see what times it put up.

CSquared

Apr 5, 2005
Atlanta, GA
My first time at the track... Blew my headgasket...Second time at the track... Spun a rod bearing.

The supra and I just don't see eye to eye when it comes to the strip. As far as your bet goes... I think you'll be close but i honestly don't think you'll break into the 13's.

Needless to say good luck. Ha. :icon_bigg

Vacationtime247

Apr 17, 2009
Muncie, IN
You're in Anderson? Wow, I'm in Muncie, IN.
VT247

suprafanatic;1281470 said:
Technicaly your car can run a 13.5... But can the driver run a 13.5 ;) I remember going to the drag strip and watching a near 700hp MK4 consistantly run 14s high 13s... obviously his car was capable of running in the 10s, but the driver himself was not... On the other hand i'v seen near stock MK3's run some increadible times on the strip because of the driver. I still think since you are new to the strip one of the best things you can do to help yourself out is get some sticky tires

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
zSP3CTERz;1300009 said:
my friend just ran a 13.1 all stock 1j and was having cutting out promblem so im sure you go this bet :) :) :)

:bsflag: Not with "all stock" everything, exhaust, boost etc, not possible.

I love how people just put out numbers with claims like this. Heck, the mustang guys locally say the same thing here, I have a "stock" car, in reality, it has headers and exhaust leaving it NOT stock. lol

Duane

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
upgradedsupra;1301787 said:
:bsflag: Not with "all stock" everything, exhaust, boost etc, not possible.

I love how people just put out numbers with claims like this. Heck, the mustang guys locally say the same thing here, I have a "stock" car, in reality, it has headers and exhaust leaving it NOT stock. lol

Duane

I know, that shit drives me crazy. Gears and full bolt ons and sometimes even heads and cams(aka 1-2 SECONDS faster than stock) is usually referred to as stock. Wtf.

supranasty

Yo Daddy
Apr 12, 2005
jamaica ny
honestabe;1302003 said:
ForcedTorque, supranasty was asking Jay who the guy was that ran 11.77, not saying that Jay ran 11.77

Exactly .. Who was suprahero's opponent ???

Queenskid926 call me i will help you get 13.5 out of that old CLASSIC . Just help me do the LED Climit Control like yours.

Blue would look Hot in my car . On a 12sec. Pass. How in the world did this guy run 11.77 on a ct26 gotta be NOS.PERIOD

Nalleywhacker

Formerly gnarkill87
Oct 2, 2006
chattanooga,TN
Iam the one who supposeably ran the 13.1 lol, i actually ran a 13.8 but i was cutting out bad, so i would have def been atleast a mid 13 if i wasnt cutting out, my mods are 3in exhaust, and some Et Streets.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Nalleywhacker;1302970 said:
Iam the one who supposeably ran the 13.1 lol, i actually ran a 13.8 but i was cutting out bad, so i would have def been atleast a mid 13 if i wasnt cutting out, my mods are 3in exhaust, and some Et Streets.

Thanks for chiming in. :)

Yeah, that's what I thought and the time is more realistic. What was your 60ft? I assume you mean DP when you say exhaust. I ran my brothers RHD 1J down the 1320 and netted a 13.7 with a 1.95 60 and had an exhaust, down pipe and stock boost. This is in a car that weighs a little under 3500 with driver. It is a lighter car from Japan. I am pretty certain I could have gotten in the mid 13's with practice but left hand shifting can be tricky. lol

Exhaust is STILL not stock but people seem to think that an exhaust, dp and boost added is still considered stock. :icon_roll

Duane