1300 Kg Track SUPRA project

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
Rollus;1995681 said:
Really? Awsome. What capacity is that?

720 Ah cranking power and 24 Ah hour like a 48 Ah acid battery
but is incredible how start now! I tried several times and allways same power and also the alternator shows 14,3 volt very quickly so it indicate that the battery no need to load the alternator ( remember I have an electric power steering)
only 6 Lbs!! others have more cranking power but less AH or more weight or needs more volt to keep the charge.... after many hour in the computer this was my choice (I have no comission jajajaja)
I will keep posting the result of this battery.

Rollus

Jun 2, 2011
Paris, France
Hum, it is a LifePo4 battery?

Do it has an internal charging/protecting circuit?

Reading their FAQ, I don't understand if it is safe to charge it wth alternator.

Rollus

Jun 2, 2011
Paris, France
OK, I have the answer:
How do I charge the battery?
The Antigravity Battery comes ready to install, and start the bike/vehicle. We do offer a specific “smart”Lithium battery chargers that are specifically for charging Lifepo4 Lithium batteries. We have a 4-amp and a 8-amp charger as well as 2 Optimate Chargers. All will charge the battery to it’s intended peak voltage and will shut off when the battery is charged.
You should NOT use a automobile or motorcycle charger that is specific to Lead/Acid batteries! They can cause damage to the batteries because they charge in a different way than a specific Lifepo4 Lithium Charger. They often have a Desulfinate feature or over voltage “Quick Charging” feature… both of which will damage the Antigravity Battery. Lead Acid charges in many case will overcharge a lithium battery ending up in damage which is not covered under our warranty.

LiFePo4 can take some abuse, but it is not a good idea to charge it with the alternator I think.
I know for sure LiPo (another technology), can burn if abused during charging or discharging.

Both require a specific charger because charging process is different from lead-acid.

But finally...
What is the range of voltage for the batteries
The Antigravity Battery normal voltage is 13.2v. The battery will read up to 14.7V immediately after charging. The normal operating range will read between 13.3-14.5V. After a few hours it will self balance to the 13.3-7 range which is its normal state of charge. The maximum voltage the battery should be exposed to is 14.7V. On the lower end of the voltage range the battery should be put on a charger if the battery voltage gets drops below the 12.5V range while sitting. The voltage should not be allowed to drop below 10.5V while at rest. Permanent damage will occur at below 10.5 volts..

So these battery should have an internal circuitry I think.

Did you get some documentation with it?

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
it is a dailly driving battery so well for car alternator charging but not for Acid quick chargers, if it needs to be charged the use of a special Lithium battery charge needed.
they not recomend it for a passengers car otherways if you remember to dont left the car with the lights on or the radio playing with the engine off.
I also bought they starter booster XP1 , it work really well and it can be charged directly from a car cigarret conection ( I´d tested)
I bought as weel a lithium charger , the BC lithium7000 charger whish is capable of recovery empty lithium batterys or almost they promis that.
I´ll check if it came with any type of instruction or detailed carasteristic , I been busy and sick with the stupid Flu so dont remeber if I viewed it.

If you read the customers reviews , a guy with a Ferrari is using it and he is happy happy .

keep in contact because I have a race in 3 weeks and i need to drive the car 600 mls plus the race .

Last edited:

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
Any one have used the EVANS engine coolant ???
I bought it to test it , with all of the mods in the cooling system I have , I don t have temp problems but also I don t like to have stress on the colling system so I´ll see.
I will need to pay antention if the water is running well through all pipes , turbo.... but if it cool down the system more than now I will have more problems on the public roads... will see.

Last edited:

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
the worth thing for my is to be sick with a laptop connected to internet jajajaja

also I bought this flush mount beam because I made some airflow test with the sport camera and the stock ligths open produce a lot of turbulences and like I have to have the light on when racing ... I decided to save some other lbs and change the front lights
the measurements are very very close , just few mm bigger so not a problem

http://embraceracing.com/flushmounts.php

Attachments

• cover dimensions.jpg
    cover dimensions.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 35

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
the new fuel tank is ready

Attachments

• IMG_2313.jpeg
    IMG_2313.jpeg
    18.7 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2295.jpeg
    IMG_2295.jpeg
    24.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2314.jpeg
    IMG_2314.jpeg
    17.7 KB · Views: 28

Rollus

Jun 2, 2011
Paris, France
Thanks for explanation about batteries..

josbeat;1995910 said:
the worth thing for my is to be sick with a laptop connected to internet jajajaja

also I bought this flush mount beam because I made some airflow test with the sport camera and the stock ligths open produce a lot of turbulences and like I have to have the light on when racing ... I decided to save some other lbs and change the front lights
the measurements are very very close , just few mm bigger so not a problem

http://embraceracing.com/flushmounts.php

You could make your with a Styrofoam block, some wood, a lexan glass, your wife's oven, and your wife's vacuum pump.
Search thermoforming, you could reproduce what the Fiero guy is showing in his video..

Nice tank

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
Rollus;1995913 said:
Thanks for explanation about batteries..

You could make your with a Styrofoam block, some wood, a lexan glass, your wife's oven, and your wife's vacuum pump.
Search thermoforming, you could reproduce what the Fiero guy is showing in his video..

Nice tank

good to know , I have no idea, thanks

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
the only risk is if a small leak on the fuel connections but thats way it will be closed and vented to outside of the car .
soon more photos.
will be really difficult to have a strong hit to the tank there , really really difficult .
same placement like many race cars .... Prosport3000 , Aston Marting Vantage....

SeeUSmile

Nov 22, 2012
Australia,Victoria,Melbourne
josbeat;1999585 said:
the only risk is if a small leak on the fuel connections but thats way it will be closed and vented to outside of the car .
soon more photos.
will be really difficult to have a strong hit to the tank there , really really difficult .
same placement like many race cars .... Prosport3000 , Aston Marting Vantage....

Yeah those cars back in the day had their tanks mounted in the boot hence as to why they changed over to that at 2013. Just haven't seen it done to an a70 yet and loved how you done it to yours.

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
Thanks!

finally today the tank is ready for the first try, and if all is ok then close the top with some screws and ready.

but in between I finished the camber and roll center adjustment at the front , the problem is now the back , with the car very low ia lost the roll center at the back and I cant see the solution for it... I have allready cutted the top of the bushing so the subchassis is higger now but need more, will see how it goes.
-5º of camber adjustable to -7º more than I want , I want to have from -3 to -5º

my supra is moving to the track side to much , if i want negative camber for track .... on the public road will be a street tyres destroyer.
I am now using all my brain to try to finde a solution for it, a easy way to get a normal camber when I am driving to the track and back , and move the camber to a good value when stay inside the closed track.
the solution really is to have a Trailer to go to the tracks and using the car for funny on certain week-ends not going to far , only to drive to take the breakfast on my favorite mountain road.
thats will be perfect , the problem is the driver license , i need the big trucks license and time to go to the driver school so.... dont know when.
with the trailer big mods will be made on the supra including the glasses and many more things.

Last edited:

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
too much camber fixed doing the wishbone adjustment hole biggers, now it is going from -1,5º to -7º and the most important is the roll center perfect with the chassis set at 80 mm of the ground.

today : fuel tank tested and coolant system prepared to be filled with the new special Evans water.

Last edited: