1300 Kg Track SUPRA project

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
spiller;1781984 said:
thats good to hear josbeat. Who did you use to make the splitter? And it looks like you have hinges on the front of it so it can flip down for oil changes?

bad luck with the injector issue, that always sucks when you miss out on track time!

I bought the kit here www.carbonmods.co.uk , (similar like the APR units) , the extra large one and yes thats the idea to change the oil , also most of the bolts are a quick half turn bolts (dont know the name) so easy and quick to remove but also with the adjustable rods is possible to adjust the front angle attack to get more or less effect of the front splitter....not bad!!!
anyway it is not as strong as the ones I saw on a really race cars on the Britcar24hr campionship when I was participating like a mecanic on one of the Team but work whell and it give a really nice look of the front of the car jeje.
I will take a better photos soon.
regards

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
one thing
the side cannards are easy to remove because I dont like problems with the police when using the car on the public roads, they looks like a pair of knifes and for sure are forbiden jejeje

spiller

Mar 5, 2008
Australia/Chicago
thanks for the link. I think you are doing well with the police already considering that you drive the car on the street with a full cage and all of the other stuff haha

those splitters are are really good price too! which size did you need 595mm?

spiller

Mar 5, 2008
Australia/Chicago
so did you cut out the holes for the wheels or did the splitter come in that shape? i think the APR ones just come with a straight back edge...

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
I am building a new engine with big modifications....
the mods will be on the cooling and the oiling system

with the oil system here is the list
oil pump feed pipe and relief valve shimmed
relocated oil filter and radiator
head gasket and cylinder block modded to let the oil flowing free back to the oil pan
shimmed oil pump to be lowered

with the cooling system

head gasket with new water pasengers to drain all bubbles better
new oil passage at the back of the cylinder head
rerouted rear water pipe away from the exhaust with a electric pump ( running only when the fans starts also when engine is not runing)
manual valve to control the hot water back to the engine (openned street driving, closed for track use)
new thermostat housing with bigger thermostat
front radiator upper cooling plate
free flow electric fans
funnel type enclosure arround the radiators

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
motor 001.jpg

Supra3000 - I am trying to get a set of plexiglass to replace all glass except the front winscreen but i never will touch the body.

new photos

details on the new combustion chamber desing and the extra holes on the head gasket plus bigger valves and new water pasage on the side of the nº6 cylinder

Last edited:

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
new high impedance injectors 880 cc bosch plus aluminium bolts all arround
new desing JE pistons (all pistons came perfect balanced)
1 mm squish band
9:1 compresion pistons

Last edited:

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
improved oil pmp feed pipe
with the new combustion chamber i did a new water passes at the end of the nº6 cylinder (like the mk4 have)
con rod polished, balanced, all...
blue printed and balanced also the clutch
electric fans with out cover to improve the air flow

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
I forget to to take a photo of the engine before fit it into the engine bay but here is it inside.

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
supra300;1837872 said:
for whatever reason, do not modify the body?

basically for rigidity, I like how rigid is the supra chassis so I am afraid to loose it and most when the car si old