1300 Kg Track SUPRA project

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
stevenr816;1740709 said:
Do you have any numbers of how much this weighs with you in car?
What was the 1350kg? Dry, you in it, full tank, cage?

1350 kG WAS With low fuel and nobody inside but yes with rollcage , extinginser, two seats, no AC but with the heater and blower motor , with the R154 gearbox, with full carbon fibre doors ,electric windows , all glass no plexi at the moment
rear was 610
front 740 kg
street wheels and tyres 245x18" 285x18"

now it is lower and very close to 1300 kg I will post the rear actual weight soon
cheers

Politamo

Apr 23, 2011
España !!
Cada vez que veo tu proyecto veo el mio mas gitano :)

English mode on : anytime i see your project i see the mine most gipsy

Ole ole y ole !!!

Sorry for my english im learning :)

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
updates
new bits
lighter mirrors and a pair of cannars to get better front steering control
but someone know with angles or possition is better?????

Last edited:

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
news
I think I found the correct Thermostat for my modified cooling system and is a modified BMW thermostat 80º C wich it have a bigger central hole than the stock one and keep the engine temp exactly at 80º C.!!

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2005
Alpharetta, GA
josbeat;1767850 said:
updates
new bits
lighter mirrors and a pair of cannars to get better front steering control
but someone know with angles or possition is better?????

Josh,
I think a front splitter / undercover that extends outward approximately 5" or more and goes back to the front subframe or even further, will do more for frontal downforce than those canards will ever accomplish. You really need FEA analysis to determine optimum angles for the canards. But I think you're are already aware of this.

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
BlackDevilSupra;1773622 said:
Josh,
I think a front splitter / undercover that extends outward approximately 5" or more and goes back to the front subframe or even further, will do more for frontal downforce than those canards will ever accomplish. You really need FEA analysis to determine optimum angles for the canards. But I think you're are already aware of this.

yes you are rigth..... the front splitter will arrive next week it is made in UK and it will be as big as they can make it but I saw those cannars at good price (70 eur) in real carbon and just to fine adjust the balance front and back could be good I think.
or in the last it will be a nice details jejjejeje
I been reading the efect of those parts , cannards and splitters here http://www.ricemobile.net/downloads/RCE - Articles/

thanks for your reply

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
curious why you installed the aerocatches in that direction? the instructions plainly state that the narrow end goes towards the front of the car, but everyone seems to install them like you did.

spiller

Mar 5, 2008
Australia/Chicago
that splitter is huge! hopefully it will help solve the understeering issues that our cars are renowned for! Josbeat, is it a custom made splitter?

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
Enraged;1780176 said:
curious why you installed the aerocatches in that direction? the instructions plainly state that the narrow end goes towards the front of the car, but everyone seems to install them like you did.

no idea of how it goes but I been looking a lot of race cars and I copied
anyway the desing of mines are to mount it like I did because in the end it have a curvature.

regards

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
spiller;1780180 said:
that splitter is huge! hopefully it will help solve the understeering issues that our cars are renowned for! Josbeat, is it a custom made splitter?
yes! it is a custom made and almost 8 hours of labour!!
I want to make it more sofisticated with two vanes to route the air to the front brakes, because just at the middle it have an overture with the bomex bumper wich I want to take an avantage of it.
the first test on a plubic roads ....promise.
saturday, Jerez race track .....

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
Spiller
I haven`t been on the track today , one of my Precision Turbo injector died on the way to the circuit so with 5 cylinders....runs but not well jeje
but on the roads it felt well , it look like the front splitter work well with the rear wing adjusted at 0 or 1 posittion and with the cannards with the rear at the 1 or 2 possition.( the rear wing have three possitions.)
the steering is mutch more acurate and quite over the line, I am very happy with the results .
the difference is like a night and day.
recomended.

spiller

Mar 5, 2008
Australia/Chicago
thats good to hear josbeat. Who did you use to make the splitter? And it looks like you have hinges on the front of it so it can flip down for oil changes?

bad luck with the injector issue, that always sucks when you miss out on track time!