1300 Kg Track SUPRA project

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
fynally new GARRET GTX turbo
new Bosch 6 exits coil
fynally I can say that the new combustion Chamber desing works lot better than the stock ones
never had before a spark plugs color like now , same color all arround the electrode, perfect!
I got a little piston lapping when cold just after a hard reving but nothing on a normal use , I set the wall claerance at 0.0060" with the new JE piston desing ( see the video )

video of how it reving now, still a little cold but sufficient to test
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-gXjbW3blA&feature=youtu.be

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Would like a nice walk around shoot of your car. Everything internal is super impressive, but I really like how it looks on the track.

and...

where is the video of you dancing and swearing when you mashed that thumb!

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
BlackDevilSupra;1854825 said:
That should be a nice responsive turbo.
What exhaust manifold is that?
I hope
the first runs say yes but I am waiting for an adapter to atach the oil feed line well so I havent pulled hard

the manifold is a Gredy replica bought from Ebay , the only diference or upgrade I have in it is that when I bough it , it was sent to be faced in my local machine shop.

regards

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
Grandavi;1854831 said:
Would like a nice walk around shoot of your car. Everything internal is super impressive, but I really like how it looks on the track.

and...

where is the video of you dancing and swearing when you mashed that thumb!

jejejejajajaja yes I was dancing like a 30 minints and two days with out sleeping with it inside water with ice , three holes to drain the blood but in the end.....it will replace by a new one, jajajaja really I wasnt a good photo jejejeje

regards

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
the last thing to lower the weight..... incredible but my side trips are very heavy on my supra

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I just walked through the full thread.. didn't see any carbon doors.. lol. (I must have missed something)

Curious.. why no door trim? It kinda makes it look a little off and FG or CF trim wouldn't be that heavy. (I have FG on mine)

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
updates:
Today I went to my favorite mountain road to see how the Garrett GTX turbo works......... and it work very well, I like it a lot .
it help the engine at arround 2500 rev to push strong and over 3000 revs it have a serious boosting!!!
with the GTK650 I forgot how the BOV sound and now it is wishling all time!!
the negative point is the water temperature is raised about 2 - 3 degrees over a turbo with out water cooled.

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
UPDATES
like the coolant system was designed for oil cooled turbo, it wasent perfect for the new water cooled turbo Garret GTX so now I changed the oil radiator for other with less rows and rerouted the water line of the turbo to go throw the radiator not only throw the engine like the factory design,

nice nice nice , really nice!

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
one day testing in a new circuit
and the end the Spec twing disc clutch broke.... when I was learning the track

Attachments

• LISTA GENERAL.pdf
    73.2 KB · Views: 37

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
I forgot to remove the number plate!!
here is the evidence

details
the rear wing was adjusted at the second possition to get more grip at the back
the track have a 998 mtr straight nice for my car
the turbo was limited to 18 - 20 psi
at the second lap I locked my rear tyres and ....slide aout of the track at the end of the straight!!
at the fifth lap the engine stops after start cutting the corners... the AEM EMS have a broken weld because after I hitted it the engine started again
at the thirteenth lap the carbon driveshaft fail

Last edited:

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
AbsoluteSpeed;1883164 said:
4th place and only 4seconds off 1st, thats pretty dam good!
Nice work
thanks!!
It was ok considering that I never did a free lap and it was the first time on that track

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
the temperature of the engine was really nice!
example is that when I stops at the box , the electrics fans dosnt start because the temperature was under 90º
so the new cooling desing works well