101MM Stroke 7MGE

corylee316

until it goes boom
Aug 17, 2006
Moscow, IA
I've been following this build for awhile cause I plan to stay N/A, but you have some resilliance. Three years in the making and I would be in the federal pen by now. Thanks for keeping our N/A dreams alive this long.

DEFIANT 7M

101MM stroke of INSANITY!
Mar 30, 2005
Nashville/Miami
corylee316;935221 said:
I've been following this build for awhile cause I plan to stay N/A, but you have some resilliance. Three years in the making and I would be in the federal pen by now. Thanks for keeping our N/A dreams alive this long.
Thanks man:icon_bigg People like you are the reason why I don't give up!

Midnight Dorifuta

Back in the Saddle
Jul 16, 2006
Monroe, New Jersey, United States
I hate to be the bringer of thread necromancy, but I've had my eyes on this build since the thread was first posted. Defiant, what became of the build? I don't own an NA any more but It would still be really sweet to know just how much a 7M-GE can really pull.

Please check back in and let us know, aye?

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
I've always wondered what happened to Defiant7M, and this build. It was like a great novel you couldn't put down but someone tore out the last chapter.

Bugger.

DEFIANT 7M

Mar 30, 2005
Nashville/Miami
Okay...Sorry to have vanished but when life changes there aren't many choices.I own and operate the family diesel injection shop now. The learning curve is hard but I don't give up. Plus my father is a no pleasing type! So I have no choice but to make it work. I've learned a lot in my vacation:icon_bigg In order to feed this monster I need larger itbs than the RB26. I really have in my mind that is a down the road project. So I will have these bored to 48-50mm. I haven't had any trade secrets with this build. But the cames will be short of ridiculous, proposed 310 duration and .510 lift, that is one of the choices. Valves are JZ 1mm oversized. Flow numbers will change, since we used stock JZ valves. Looking for 8k rpm yes I said 8k. There are crazier 7ms out there than mine. They just don't have an intrest to share on the net. I know in the past I said 450hp. That's going to be a stretch. More like 365-380 is realistic. Why do such a crazy thing and spend so much money and time? I just want to see how much could be done. Plus being the way I am is in my genes. I would like to think maybe we can learn something from all of this. Right now these are the things on my plate to get done. I have never put a dollar figure to any of this. But honestly I should have been done years ago. Some things now I will be able to make in my shop since I'm home.

Last edited:

DEFIANT 7M

Mar 30, 2005
Nashville/Miami
One of the reasons for the larger 2JZ (34.6mm) valves idea is hp potential. This is something I've learned and still learning. Not going to say this is an exact science, but from the conversations I've been involved in and listened in on. This carries enough weight to be concerned about, so I'm trying to learn more. http://www.gglotus.org/ggtech/hp-theory/hptheory.htm http://www.hipermath.com/engines/intake_valve_size Here is something I like to fool with. http://www.wallaceracing.com/hp-valve-size.php . I have used some known sizes and hp and get a believable numbers. But the hp variance is 38% crank vs wheel on the combos I tried.:icon_conf, but it's consistent.