101MM Stroke 7MGE

DEFIANT 7M

101MM stroke of INSANITY!
Mar 30, 2005
Nashville/Miami
Bugwugger;1796692 said:
I made 303hp with 336t. Looking to get this thing running in the spring. I was using the CenterForce Dual Friction. Was having problems starting the car, figured it was the starter. After removing the starter and looking closer... I could move the crank from the dampener forward and back at leat 1/2 in. I removed the flywheel and saw that the wheel had been rubbing the rear main area. Car has been sitting for 3 years now and have not touched it. I am going to work on her come spring. any ideas or comments????
Man I'm out of breath running around the house screaming!!!!!!!! I knew it was possible:biglaugh: God its been sooo long if I remember right you have the Flatlander kit and 12:5, cams. I can't think.... Did you dyno with the nitrous too? Your pressure plate may be too "heavy". A lot of the DSM guys develop crank walk from the plate hammering. Well that's what I've been told on more than one occasion. I gotta dig up specs on your set up. Man dust it off and get her running again:bigthumb: I knew you would hit it before me!!:biglaugh: Guys Bugwugger and I were the only crazies years ago, he started his before me. My quest to do everything possible and impossible has me still building:biglaugh: But not giving up especially now. Bugwugger post what you have done so everybody can see it is possible to make NA power:bigthumb:

Last edited:

mecevans

Supramania Contributor
Jan 18, 2009
M-bay, cali
Bugwugger;1796692 said:
I made 303hp with 336t. Looking to get this thing running in the spring. I was using the CenterForce Dual Friction. Was having problems starting the car, figured it was the starter. After removing the starter and looking closer... I could move the crank from the dampener forward and back at leat 1/2 in. I removed the flywheel and saw that the wheel had been rubbing the rear main area. Car has been sitting for 3 years now and have not touched it. I am going to work on her come spring. any ideas or comments????

Haven't seen it done on a 7M but i think you could drill a hole to feed pressurized oil to the thrust bearing.

Bugwugger

Apr 5, 2005
Cincinnati
I will post more when I have time..... Working, family, Military vehicles...... lots going on here. Im still interested in looking at the crank. I dont know what or how bad it may be. Hopefully its a simple fix. I made it 12,000 miles before I had an issues. Melted tires off and even lost control around a corner :) Was running Mickey Thompson Street ET's 31x12x16. The linelock really helped out with my setup and used MSD digital 6 box. Alwasy uriduim plugs and turbo blue race fuel. Compression was believed to be 11.5 to 1, but couldnt tell a difference once parked next to my diesel mercedes. May be closer to 16 to 1 !!!! hahaha Wished I had someone close to Cincinnati to help me with my motor, would love to teach someone about my build. Also fuel regulater upped to 60psi really delivers fuel to my 440 injectors.

Bugwugger

Apr 5, 2005
Cincinnati
Good to see this thread is still active ! Woohoo. Alan hope all is well. Been crazy busy with kids and new house. My other hobby has taken time out of the supra as well. Hoping to get her apart and get repaired soon. Ill have to get some videos up for all my fans on here.