What's your occupation?

Mk3 TurboS

No not a "Turbo A"
Mar 31, 2005
Australia
So far I think I have the cruisiest job here!!! I work at the Traffic Managment Centre on the Gold coast, QLD, Australia. I sit in a big arse room staring at 30 monitors with a massive 3m x 2m Plasma screen in the middle. I control 60 cameras that are placed all over our road network. I control traffic lights (thats right I can turn everything to Green!) and those big Electronic signs on the motorway. There called VMS. I watch cars roll over, speed, crash, Burn and just let everyone whats happening. Right now im playing GT4 on one of the Plasma screens. With the cameras I can zoom in and tell the time on peoples watches in cars. I have a great time looking for MkIII's, I can follow them for like 100km with the cameras up the motorway. I'll take some pics for you all soon. Its great money and im only 21.

Favourite saying: If you enjoy your job, you'll never do a days work in your life.

L

lanky189

Mk3 TurboS said:
So far I think I have the cruisiest job here!!! I work at the Traffic Managment Centre on the Gold coast, QLD, Australia. I sit in a big arse room staring at 30 monitors with a massive 3m x 2m Plasma screen in the middle. I control 60 cameras that are placed all over our road network. I control traffic lights (thats right I can turn everything to Green!) and those big Electronic signs on the motorway. There called VMS. I watch cars roll over, speed, crash, Burn and just let everyone whats happening. Right now im playing GT4 on one of the Plasma screens. With the cameras I can zoom in and tell the time on peoples watches in cars. I have a great time looking for MkIII's, I can follow them for like 100km with the cameras up the motorway. I'll take some pics for you all soon. Its great money and im only 21.

Favourite saying: If you enjoy your job, you'll never do a days work in your life.

BEST JOB EVARRR! :love:

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
just finished 1st year mech engineering technology. when im done it will be the equivalent of an "engineer in training" in teh US apparantly. looking to do something with renewable resources when im done, or just anything that i can make some good money at... currently delivering pizza part time for an average of CDN$15/hr, trying to get a job at a local cabinet manufacturer that uses huge CNC routers :)

mcpcola

7M's = Peoples Champ
Jul 4, 2005
Greater Gulf Coast
Cox Communications CCR tech 1 GulfCoast Region Sucks Ballz I have been Helping customer for to long 12.65HR I left Des Moines IA where i was a Tier 3 NOC Tech 17hr

Grey87SupraT

Toyota Fanatic
Apr 1, 2005
eugene oregon
i work at a motor home plant i build/repair molds, roll glass, pop parts, grind parts, fix parts all that fun stuff. switching over to the rubber business now going to be putting conveyuer belts on should be fun.

Supra Blues

Virgin Booster
Mar 30, 2005
Supramania
Mk3 TurboS said:

Okay....so wait..... You can zoom in on people's watches to see what time it is while they are in their cars right? But, you use the capability to look at MKIII's? Personally, I'd be looking for girlies..... :naughty:

Mr.SelfDestruct

I build planes... yeah...
May 27, 2005
everett, WA
ya, my boss buys cars at the auction, and depending on the condition of the car, I either fix it up to sell, or part it out, but the shop itself specializes in z-cars. I only get 7.50 an hour, but I'm 16, so I cant complain.

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
supraman2251 said:
ya, my boss buys cars at the auction, and depending on the condition of the car, I either fix it up to sell, or part it out, but the shop itself specializes in z-cars. I only get 7.50 an hour, but I'm 16, so I cant complain.

can you say, "i am getting taken advantage of" ?

Mr.SelfDestruct

I build planes... yeah...
May 27, 2005
everett, WA
I like it, and he let me keep my job after my license was suspended, even though you're supposed to have a license to work there. I dont care if I'm a little underpaid, as long as he doesnt treat me like some worthless kid, I quit two higher-paying jobs because my bosses kept making empty promises about letting me work on cars and treating me like shit, whereas my current boss had me sweep and take out the trash for a couple of weeks, then just started me on cars, and pretty soon, I'll start on coustomer cars, plus, after I get certified this next schoolyear, he says my pay will practically double because I'll become a full-fledged(sp?) technician.

L

lanky189

lagged said:
can you say, "i am getting taken advantage of" ?

can you say..it depends where he's located.

going rates for labor are wildy varied across the country/world.

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
Fuel(petroleum) tanker driver for the largest common carrier in WA. and OR.... $19.00 per hour, and I'm still broke all the time! Well at least it keeps my Sup's :love: wheels rollin'! :biglaugh:

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
None of your fucking business
Heavy equipment operator/Class A truck driver. I move dirt. I put it in a truck, then drive the truck somewhere and dump the dirt. I laugh all the way to the bank. I make considerably more money then my mech. engineer friend, and I owe it all to not going to college. I might go back someday, but I love my job!!! I never grew out of the sandbox. I'm 25 now! I drive a Kenworth t800 Cat c-15 single turbo, 475hp @34psi 1400+ ftlbs. Beat that!!

And Breezin 91t do you deliver around Seattle? Just wondering, cuz I always see the tankers coming out of harbor island.

I'd also like to extend a high five to all the military members out there f'n up those terrorists!!! Thank you sooo much!!

Support the troops