What's your occupation?

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
i JUST graduated so im bassically looking at being a full time student this next year, im doing simultaneous associates of arts and sciences & medical transcription certificate before i transfer to western washington university, i still dont know what to pic
mechanical engineer,
english major
bachelor fine art,

or digipen institute of technology and do the visual design and animation for movies, games, tv etc. i still dunno,

as for work, right now its summer so all i do is work lets see
at 4 am i work picking cherries till about 2pm
evenings im working at the hospital washing dishes and will do that full time for rest of summer average pay: $9.50 p/h plus evening and weekend differential, and cherries i make like average $120 per day.

im ass tired because i also babysit, and do oddball mechanic work for people. oil, filters, plugs, installing parts, replacing, diagnostics. etc.

im only 17 but im already worrying allot as to where my future is going, i really want that xj220 in the driveway and im pretty sure engineering is the most likely to get it.

Jonnymkiii

High Altitude
Mar 31, 2005
Boulder, Co
I implement computer networks... w/o mentioning names, anyone familiar with the "eBusiness On Demand" commercials that have been playing a few years? I helped design and then deployed the hub for that.. so that's my claim to fame.

I currently travel around deploying satellite sites. Just got back from Japan and heading to Vienna and Sydney soon... life sure does suck :naughty:

Anomili

Obsessed
Apr 9, 2005
In an Igloo
www.cardomain.com
Currently a university student doing a joint major in physics and computer science. As amazingly exciting as I know that must sound, I am taking an extra year next year to take general arts courses and some math’s in order to figure out if I really want to be doing this for the rest of my life. Might go into business or real estate or law or ...

PS. You can tell I've got my life figured out.

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
i drive new cars around, they come off the boat, and i drive them to where the rail so they can go back east. or if they come from a train from back east, i take the to be picked up by the dealers. i didnt see where is said post how much you make, so if you want to know youll have to ask

miggles

i wasnt speeding officer
Jun 3, 2005
perth West Australia
Gold refinery worker here.and no i dont get any free samples though i do get a killer deal in buyin jewellry but not carparts.I am in the Aqua Regia Digest area which im head of.Basicly i get gold thats 99.5% or above pure and dissolve it in aqua regia (nitric and hydrochloric acids) then gas with sulphur dioxide and then boil the gold in nitric acid and hydrochloric acid then gets melted into small balls then sold to electronics companies to be made into circuit boards etc.

esc

WUM WUM!
Mar 30, 2005
Winston, NC
i work at a Volvo dealership in the parts department. pay kicks ass, at least 50 hours a week minimum, monday - friday and every other saturday. and the bonus to that is i get dealer cost at most dealerships around here (including Toyota)

billspreston01

Jun 2, 2005
North Carolina
I work for a professional engineer/professional surveyor. That means I set up a $45k GPS system and then walk around carrying a carbon fibre pole in 95 degree weather for half a day, and then I sit in an airconditioned office and draw up maps on either autocad or tpc computer programs. Fun Fun.

bgrieger

Mar 30, 2005
Toronto
Supra Blues said:
Okay....another accountant amongst the college students and engineers and computer guys. :icon_cool

Yay...we're not alone!

Actually it's funny when people that see you running at the track or at meets ask what you do. Most don't know what to say other than "I didn't think accountants did this sort of thing", or "You don't look like an accountant."

souprat

Mar 30, 2005
fairfax VA
yeah i work at a garden center selling plants all day :thumbsdow i make 8.50/hour. i hate my job so much. i want to find something else like mounting tires at merchants or something. but then in the fall i'm off to VCU to become a mechanical engineer! next summer i'll see if i can intern with my dad who is a ocean engineer.

L

lanky189

souprat said:
yeah i work at a garden center selling plants all day :thumbsdow i make 8.50/hour. i hate my job so much. i want to find something else like mounting tires at merchants or something. but then in the fall i'm off to VCU to become a mechanical engineer! next summer i'll see if i can intern with my dad who is a ocean engineer.

how do you engineer an ocean?