What's your occupation?

CTsupra

Supramania Contributor
Hmm, currently I'am a bum with no job. Reason being, I have have a little marijuana charge ($5 bag, mind you) form when I just turned 18 that's still haunting my record. Now, this was my first, last, and only drug charge. I paid a $100 fine and was ordered to go to a D&A course which I completed. Still, nobody wants to hire me as long as that charge remains on my background report, and it could stay there untill I'am 25!... and I could care less.

I got my ged and I'm off to college in the fall to study engineering science. After I earn an associates, I'am transferring to UConn and taking their EE/CE course.

With the record problem, my lawyer thinks he has found a loop-hole (good ole loop-holes!) and I'am in the process of getting my tiny, ridiculous record erased, so I can actually fucking work again... Can't you tell this upsets me? Something about the courts were supposed to offer me an "accelerated rehabilition" program for first time offenders to clear their record. Apparently, I was never offered, because I would have jumped at the chance.

Hmm, well that's my life at the moment, and you guys are lucky I consider you guys as family. For me to tell the current happenings in my life, is usually not something I do.

Last edited:

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
im an engineering intern. i work in the noise division of the transportation group. basically modeling freeways to add soundbarriers by analyzing data and making digital models. its not super exciting, but the pay is really nice :wiggle:

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
CtSupra said:
Hmm, currently I'am a bum with no job. Reason being, I have have a little marijuana charge ($5 bag, mind you) form when I just turned 18 that's still haunting my record. Now, this was my first, last, and only drug charge. I paid a $100 fine and was ordered to go to a D&A course which I completed. Still, nobody wants to hire me as long as that charge remains on my background report, and it could stay there untill I'am 25!... and I could care less.

I got my ged and I'm off to college in the fall to study engineering science. After I earn an associates, I'am transferring to UConn and taking their EE/CE course.

With the record problem, my lawyer thinks he has found a loop-hole (good ole loop-holes!) and I'am in the process of getting my tiny, ridiculous record erased, so I can actually fucking work again... Can't you tell this upsets me? Something about the courts were supposed to offer me an "accelerated rehabilition" program for first time offenders to clear their record. Apparently, I was never offered, because I would have jumped at the chance.

Hmm, well that's my life at the moment, and you guys are lucky I consider you guys as family. For me to tell the current happenings in my life, usually is not something I do.

understandable that it upsets you, too bad it's your own dumb fault for doing/getting caught with drugs.

SidewayzSupra

Mar 30, 2005
Puyallup
Builder(custom residential houses)...ok maybe not the builder but I do build them(framer/carpenter)....and rice racer after work :gotrice:

CTsupra

Supramania Contributor
drjonez said:
good to hear that you've learned....good luck man!

BTW- have fun @ college....hope you like math! ;)

Hell yeah I've learned. Screw that crap man. Everything I've ever done, I quit cold turkey. It's sad to say, but I've experimented with almost everything when I was younger - besides needles and crack. Never that. After experimenting, lol, I was just your average pot smoker. After a while, my tolerance to just get high was so big it was ridiculous. Eventually, I got tired of coughing up green shit every morning aad decided that my health was the most important thing I have. Quit everything cold turkery about five years ago.

Anyway, please go search my "Need advice: All Electrical Engineers please come inside" thread on sf, maybe you can add something! :) Yeah, I can't wait for the math! I used to hate math, but now I love it for some reason.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
drjonez said:
good to hear that you've learned....good luck man!

BTW- have fun @ college....hope you like math! ;)

and lots and lots and lots of math, you can forget having free time when you hit sophmore and junior year. ahhh i hate math and i dont even use it in my field.

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
CtSupra said:
...Anyway, please go search my "Need advice: All Electrical Engineers please come inside" thread on sf, maybe you can add something! :) Yeah, I can't wait for the math! I used to hate math, but now I love it for some reason.

search? link me!

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
Sell/Install Car electronics... boom boom radios, alarms, etc...

one quarter left of college... electronics engineering, not to be confused with electrical engineering. :)

Eric_Odie

Apr 17, 2005
Fremont, Ca.
www.cardomain.com
everyone seems to making 9+ an hour. haha i'm still stuck at 7. Well today i plan on trying to find another job, something that deals with cars, auto zone, kragen, etc. just as a back up with the lot attendant job doesn't work out.

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
csr ma71 said:
I sell bags of oranges by the freeway exit. It's not very exciting but I do get to meet a lot of different people.

Yeah...I bought some from you and they were dry!!!!!!!! :wtf: :icon_surp

I am a Systems Analyst. work on systems all day... 10 hours a day :1zhelp: