What's your occupation?

sarichmond

Vehicular Motion
Jun 30, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Turbo-Joe said:
im an engineering intern. i work in the noise division of the transportation group. basically modeling freeways to add soundbarriers by analyzing data and making digital models. its not super exciting, but the pay is really nice :wiggle:

Turbo Joe your an EI? Civil?

I just got my PE in Civil. Just started working for myself in September.

Last edited:

garagefujimoto

Local Tire Destroyer
May 27, 2005
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Do you work for doug by any chance?

supraman2251 said:
ya, my boss buys cars at the auction, and depending on the condition of the car, I either fix it up to sell, or part it out, but the shop itself specializes in z-cars. I only get 7.50 an hour, but I'm 16, so I cant complain.

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
5 yrs as mechanic, 5 yrs as tow truck driver, 5 yrs as HVAC fabricator/installer

now im a certified home inspector/ licensed commerial structural pest spray applicator..

i get bored easily. but i like what i do now

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
None of your fucking business
joel w. said:
5 yrs as mechanic, 5 yrs as tow truck driver, 5 yrs as HVAC fabricator/installer

now im a certified home inspector/ licensed commerial structural pest spray applicator..

i get bored easily. but i like what i do now

Hey Joel, can you come to my house and tell me if there are any spiders in the very back corner of my crawlspace. I dont want any to get in the house this winter :biglaugh:

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
no, i can tell you this though... they are harmless..the only poisonous spider in Wa. is the black widow and they are all on the east side.. all the others have fangs that cant break through your skin so they too are harmless.. the ones that do bite are not poisonous

i only deal with structural insects that damage wood like anobiid beetles and carpenter ants...

SP 7M

Use your GUY instinct
Apr 6, 2005
Oceanside (for now), CA
www.myspace.com
DM-I know that if you were flipping burgers you'd have little or no sense of accomplishment. I'm sure you wouldn't be happy with a lack of that. I know how times get really tough in the military, and sometimes seem to have no end, but stay positive because things will get better.

willfish

been here since 2003
Apr 23, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa.
kwnate said:
Thats sweet!! What kinds of cool mutations do you have?:biglaugh:

J/K I bet the $ is INSANE.

mutations ? the radiation made my penis a whole 3/4 of an inch wider in girth !!:biglaugh:

ya, the money is insane, I always have a fatt bank acount after a good nuclear outage ,, lots of toys !!

Will

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
SP 7M said:
DM-I know that if you were flipping burgers you'd have little or no sense of accomplishment. I'm sure you wouldn't be happy with a lack of that. I know how times get really tough in the military, and sometimes seem to have no end, but stay positive because things will get better.

I know, man, but tonight I was seriously thinking "Damn.. maybe I could get a job as a Cop near my parents in Arizona".
Really, if I could get a job in Yuma, I think it would be awesome. I visited there for 2 weeks and it was not only beautiful, but it's a decent sized town that is still growing, with plenty of room. It is also right there with my family, who I haven't been able to see much of in these past 8 years.
Maybe I will extend a year, get all debt paid off, save money and get out. I am really not sure of what I want to do. Then again, I am also thinking of cross-training.
Geez.. if I get out, I'd be giving up alot of retirement benefits. I don't know if the BS, deployments and mindgames are worth it. I am really confused here. :cry:

SP 7M

Use your GUY instinct
Apr 6, 2005
Oceanside (for now), CA
www.myspace.com
Whatever you do I hope it ends up working out for you.

If you move to Yuma then I'll be able to come meet you some time-maybe on the way to SILV '07. I'll be moving to the Orange Co./SD area next September and that's only about 3 hours away from Yuma.