What's your occupation?

SP 7M

Use your GUY instinct
Apr 6, 2005
Oceanside (for now), CA
www.myspace.com
Greg55_99 said:
I'm a Software QA Engineer. And yes SP 7M, you ARE wrong. No, I haven't read the book but I have been to college. Maybe you should try going to school and form your own opinions after your enlistment is up. It's a free country bud! :biglaugh:

Greg
As much as I would love to argue with you it just isn't worth it. You'll always be right...errr...left in your mind. You labeled yourself this time, though (as seen below).

"Now before any of you left-of-center people try telling me I'm wrong, read the damn book."

"And yes SP 7M, you ARE wrong. No, I haven't read the book..."

SP 7M

Use your GUY instinct
Apr 6, 2005
Oceanside (for now), CA
www.myspace.com
kwnate said:
Go to school and form your own opinions? How about go to school and conform to your teachers opinions... And SP 7M, Thank you for protecting our rights as americans. With out people like you, people like him don't have a voice... I have more respect for a person devoted to protecting what America is than some college educated lib that thinks he has always had the rights and doesn't realize what it took to get them and what it takes to maintain them. Respect the people that give you the voice to make yourself look stupid...
You're very welcome Nate. It's often thankless work, but I didn't decide to do it for recognition. As much as it pisses me off to know that millions of the ingrates in our country couldn't give a shit less about the freedoms that they have been blessed with, I still bust my ass to do my part to preserve those freedoms.

There's more I'd like to say, but I think you get my drift.

Once again, you're very welcome, sir.

Greg55_99

Apr 2, 2005
MA
SP 7M said:
As much as I would love to argue with you it just isn't worth it. You'll always be right...errr...left in your mind. You labeled yourself this time, though (as seen below).

"Now before any of you left-of-center people try telling me I'm wrong, read the damn book."

"And yes SP 7M, you ARE wrong. No, I haven't read the book..."

Actually, the only label I've put on myself is the "SP 7M is WRONG about purely evil America-hating shit" on college campuses. My suggestion is that instead of reading someone else's opinion in a book (one book) and regurgitating it as truth, you try going to college and see if there really is this "purely evil America-hating shit" going on. I went to college and really didn't see it.

SP 7M said:
As much as it pisses me off to know that millions of the ingrates in our country couldn't give a shit less about the freedoms that they have been blessed with, I still bust my ass to do my part to preserve those freedoms.

Y'know... you should be more forgiving of those US citizens you call "ingrates". They pay the taxes that keep your paycheck coming in twice a month. Those "ingrates" have to deal with fluctuations in the economy, high gas prices, unemployment, poor or no medical care and a myriad of issues you don't have to deal with.

But, as you say, I don't want to argue on this thread either. Tell you what though... If you're game, start a different thread and we'll go at it (with respect!). :biglaugh:

Greg

PS... I HATE helicopters.... God never intended Man to fly without wings....

L

lanky189

gixxer750 said:
I work at a national parts store chain like lanky.... I am an assistant manager and make $13 an hour now, since I got my raise......

Hey lanky, do you guys have the outside store front signs? We got one this month that is a deicer sign, and has an mk3 or something that looks very close to it in it!

um..the rain-x de-icer thingy? i just put those up..didn't even notice..i'll check it out tomorrow..

xarewhyayen

276 whp - 324 tq @ 13psi
Oct 3, 2005
Philly
For now i drive for a nice sized paint contracting company.. drive a 2005 chevy 2500 van.. deliver paint ..tools...ladders..scaffold .. gangboxes watever... and i repair/maintain the paint sprayers. not a bad gig for now..

SP 7M

Use your GUY instinct
Apr 6, 2005
Oceanside (for now), CA
www.myspace.com
Greg55_99 said:
Actually, the only label I've put on myself is the "SP 7M is WRONG about purely evil America-hating shit" on college campuses. My suggestion is that instead of reading someone else's opinion in a book (one book) and regurgitating it as truth, you try going to college and see if there really is this "purely evil America-hating shit" going on. I went to college and really didn't see it.

Y'know... you should be more forgiving of those US citizens you call "ingrates". They pay the taxes that keep your paycheck coming in twice a month. Those "ingrates" have to deal with fluctuations in the economy, high gas prices, unemployment, poor or no medical care and a myriad of issues you don't have to deal with.

But, as you say, I don't want to argue on this thread either. Tell you what though... If you're game, start a different thread and we'll go at it (with respect!). :biglaugh:

Greg

PS... I HATE helicopters.... God never intended Man to fly without wings....
You labeled yourself a leftist-an ignorant one at that. That's not the first time.

As a matter of fact, Ben Shapiro gave references to many of his arguments-just as you have on this forum in the past. He was writing a book, though, and making valid arguments with real-life accounts included. And as far as books concerning this go, I've read more than one.

So you had to bring up the fact that the ingrates (yourself included) also pay taxes and that a minute part of goes to my salary. Yup, you're darn right they do! But what do I make compared to what I could be making in the civilian world doing nearly the same thing? Not shit. And in the civilian world I don't have to be on call 24-7, sacrifice many of my freedoms for others, be binded by a contract to my job and be sent away to another country without my wife for 6-7 months. Also, we have what is basically universal healthcare here-something the libs want, and it sucks.

If the military is so great, though, why don't you join? Come find out for yourself how much of a delight it is to do what I do. And while you're at it, grab up all those people that are having such a hard time out of the military and have them join, too.

You're such a jokester! I don't remember asking you if you hate helicopters. Did I give you the idea that I actually care what you think about who I am or what I do? No. That's like me telling you that I hate computers. Who cares? By the way, helicopters are considered "rotary wing" aircraft. God is on our side. ;)

Aren't you supposed to be an atheist?

Last edited:

jam4484

MKIII Lover
Jul 24, 2005
Tolland CT
I work at mobil 40 hours a week at 10$ an hour and I go to school full time. I am an english major even though I am just going to mechanics school as soon as I get out of college. For someone who hates school, I am sure getting a lot of it!

Jon

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
Looks like I'm the first to say I'm an insurance adjuster... (Actually, I mostly just train them now, but I still handle the odd difficult claim from time to time.)

Nothing like being handed a steaming pile of an insurance claim, and resolving the bugger in 20 min. or less. (Really P.O's the new guys.) But if they learn from it, that's what counts.

Pay is not too bad either. Travel is hell, I'm gone with this position at least 40 weeks a year, but I'm home most weekends. (Travel out on Monday, teach 3 days of training, and then go home late Thursday night, clean everything up on Friday and get the heck out of Dodge ASAP.)

Those Helicoptors are the same airframe the President uses right? Nice way to get around. (I'd want the 30cal mini gun v/s the 50 IMHO,, more rounds, and even if they don't pack the punch of the 50, you can hit them with more 30's and make up for it... LOL) What you guys really need is a 20mm cannon, targeted to your visor... Just mount them on the hardpoints outboard of the landing gear... Brings new meaning to one shot, one kill..

I'm reading this excellent book by Michael Crichton called "State of Fear." It debunks global warming, and basicly shows the envrionmentalists to be the fear mongers they truely are. I think it should be required reading for every highschool student on this planet. Seriously. (Same with "Deep hot earth" by Thomas Gold that debunks the whole idea that hydrocarbons are dead animal and plant compost.)

Of course, as long as the media and college professors with a cause (IE ex hippie 60's types.) keep pouring out and out lies into the heads of brainwashed kids, we will keep hearing about global warming due to the burning of fossil fuels... Yada Yada BS.

Oh, and anyone who think's college is not a festering zit on the face of humanity for anti-American ways of life, you obviously have been smoking too much of what one member here got busted for that is sold in 5.00 baggies....

bluemax

The Family Man
Mar 30, 2005
Orange County, CA
Aerospace engineer fixing what ever's wrong with commercial airplanes.
I've worked in the factory, and now I'm supporting those airplanes that were delivered.

SP 7M

Use your GUY instinct
Apr 6, 2005
Oceanside (for now), CA
www.myspace.com
Adjuster said:
Those Helicoptors are the same airframe the President uses right? Nice way to get around. (I'd want the 30cal mini gun v/s the 50 IMHO,, more rounds, and even if they don't pack the punch of the 50, you can hit them with more 30's and make up for it... LOL) What you guys really need is a 20mm cannon, targeted to your visor... Just mount them on the hardpoints outboard of the landing gear... Brings new meaning to one shot, one kill...
I believe the President now flies around in the Sikorsky SH-92. If not [yet], then I think he still rides in the Sikorsky H-3, which is smaller than the helicopters I work on.

I'd love to shoot a mini gun. Those damn things will cut down trees with the way they put out rounds. The .50 cal is considered to lay down "suppressive" fire-not just to kill everybody in its sights. It's not what you'd call accurate, but it's a blast to shoot.

Bluemax-It sounds like you're into some really cool stuff. What company do you work for? I'd like to learn more about what it is that you do. You can PM me if you like. I don't know if you want to talk about too much of that for everybody to see.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
i own a small construction company, three employees. i mainly play alot of golf between jobs. i'd say i work three days a week and play golf three days a week and stay with my wife and girls on saturday. what a great country we live in.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
suprahero said:
i own a small construction company, three employees. i mainly play alot of golf between jobs. i'd say i work three days a week and play golf three days a week and stay with my wife and girls on saturday. what a great country we live in.

so far this has to be the guy with the happiest and fulfiling career i've seen on this thread. g/j someday i'll make it there.

willfish

been here since 2003
Apr 23, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa.
"nuclear tech" here

I test, work on, fix nuclear reactors and nuclear steam generators at nuke plants all over the states/ world

Will

I

itr206

mcpcola said:
Cox Communications CCR tech 1 GulfCoast Region Sucks Ballz I have been Helping customer for to long 12.65HR I left Des Moines IA where i was a Tier 3 NOC Tech 17hr

Thats funny . I used to work for XO. When I did port out stuff I used to work with Cox from COX all the time. lol
I do IT work now for Hubbell Inc.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
I'm an E-5 in the Air Force. I'm not happy with my job situation right now, so I am going to try and cross-train into another career field. In fact, I need to go to Medical today to get some of the paperwork going before I have to be in at work.
I've been in more than 8 years now. By the time I am slated to get out, I will have more than 9 years in, which is almost 1/2 way to retirement. I might as well just keep going for that retirement pay.
I swear, though.. if I had no debt and some money saved, and I had less time in the service, I would get out. It's been such a stressful job lately for me. There is so much responsibility and bullshit. I think my ideal job would be to work fixing computers, but sometimes I think that even flipping burgers would make me happier than my current job.

I

itr206

Dont we all feel that way. If I had no debt and want all these nice things. I would be doing something else. I dont dislike my job for once. But I miss when I was 16 and could tell a boss to fuck off and walk out and not suffer the consequences.
My boss now is awesome so I wouldnt need to do that, but there are always days you wanna just walk out.