What's your occupation?

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
I would give my left nut if the Army would let me do what you do.......... esp a gunner on the .50 cal........ That'd be tits.... You sir, kick ass.

I don't know why I can't do something cool like that..... I mean... is color vision really all THAT important? :icon_conf

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
heh since mine has changed i geuss i'll update

schooling full time for a transfer degree to become mechanical engineer, i LOVE the area of work that they do, just creating machines but what i suffer with is the love for math, if its applied to something i love it, if its just number crunching just because i cant stand it. love physics hate algebra. weird
also goign to school for medical transcription, 2 more quarters and i get my certificaiton and will have my medical knowhow up 1 point.

also working two jobs,

hospital doing diet management for patients and dealing with what some people can or cant eat and the medical conditions they are facing.

AND

working with one other guy doing all of the advertising for a local spanish newspaper, bassically take every advertisement and recreate it from scratch in pagemaker except in spansih (helps being fluent)

dunno where this will take me, either engineering, or medicine all i know is that i can see the crossroads ahead and i cant take both so i gotta get knee deep in both to see how i like the two careers.

89jdmsupra

Mar 30, 2005
NYC
Security Chauffer driving driving doctors,nusres and students to and from the many different locations this hospital has New York Presbyterian Hospital good money 18. +OT

Last edited:

Xtreme

May 23, 2005
Lebanon, OR
I am currently just a grunt for an industrial contracing company, pay starts at 15 an hour for me,at least 50 hrs a week, plus overtime for anything over 8 hrs in a day, double time on weekends, and holidays, and full private health care benefits after the mandatory 90 day probationary period, with a 2.50 hr raise. Wednesday, they are sending me to welding/fitting school, after I complete that and pass multiple 6G welding tests, then I will get another 7 dollars an hour, minimum. Plus, I love the work, all the guys are really relaxed, it's a very low stress job.

SP 7M

Use your GUY instinct
Apr 6, 2005
Oceanside (for now), CA
www.myspace.com
mkiiSupraMan18 said:
I would give my left nut if the Army would let me do what you do.......... esp a gunner on the .50 cal........ That'd be tits.... You sir, kick ass.

I don't know why I can't do something cool like that..... I mean... is color vision really all THAT important? :icon_conf
I know one reason why the Army won't let you work on what I do. That's because only the Marine Corps has the planes that I work on...lol. Sorry about your color blindness.

Suprasport91-Be careful at UCLA man. That school has some purely evil America-hating shit going on there. Don't take it from me, though, take it from a UCLA graduate. Ben Shapiro wrote Brainwashed (2002) about how universities-particularly UCLA-indoctrinate their students to become rabid terrorist-supporting anti-American extremists.

Now before any of you left-of-center people try telling me I'm wrong, read the damn book.

Jason T

JZS161 Aristo TT
Mar 30, 2005
Auckland New Zealand..Aotearoa
Car part sales my postion is manager my job is phone and counter sales my day is selling engine/gearbox parts insterlation service to retail customers selling parts nation wide thru a trade network and dealing with all sorts of people from one extreme of knowlage to the other from the punter who dont now how to open the hood to a hoduh freak who knows more about his car than the factory teck who built it.

T701jz

3M ENGINEER - R.&.D
Jul 23, 2005
Santa Clarita Ca.
Mechanical Engineer
Work: 3M pharmaceutical
Title: factory operation team leader
Salary: $85K Yr.

Mainly working on R&D, machine modification and Programmable Logic Control (Allen Bradley Controls).

Last edited:

lintlars

ROOTS RADICALS
Apr 1, 2005
Ft.St.John BC
www.cardomain.com
Supervisor for a wood products company
I work the weekend prod. shift 3 12 hrs shifts and I get a shift premium for working the GY shift I get 4 days off every week and get paid more than working during the week Im at 94% and making 72k a year cant complain lots of time to mess with the Supra! It sounds like BS but its not I only have to work 3 days a week to get paid since Im on a salary

Greg55_99

Apr 2, 2005
MA
SP 7M said:
Suprasport91-Be careful at UCLA man. That school has some purely evil America-hating shit going on there. Don't take it from me, though, take it from a UCLA graduate. Ben Shapiro wrote Brainwashed (2002) about how universities-particularly UCLA-indoctrinate their students to become rabid terrorist-supporting anti-American extremists.

Now before any of you left-of-center people try telling me I'm wrong, read the damn book.

I'm a Software QA Engineer. And yes SP 7M, you ARE wrong. No, I haven't read the book but I have been to college. Maybe you should try going to school and form your own opinions after your enlistment is up. It's a free country bud! :biglaugh:

Greg

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
None of your fucking business
Greg55_99 said:
I'm a Software QA Engineer. And yes SP 7M, you ARE wrong. No, I haven't read the book but I have been to college. Maybe you should try going to school and form your own opinions after your enlistment is up. It's a free country bud! :biglaugh:

Greg

Go to school and form your own opinions? How about go to school and conform to your teachers opinions... And SP 7M, Thank you for protecting our rights as americans. With out people like you, people like him don't have a voice... I have more respect for a person devoted to protecting what America is than some college educated lib that thinks he has always had the rights and doesn't realize what it took to get them and what it takes to maintain them. Respect the people that give you the voice to make yourself look stupid...

Greg55_99

Apr 2, 2005
MA
kwnate said:
Go to school and form your own opinions? How about go to school and conform to your teachers opinions... And SP 7M, Thank you for protecting our rights as americans. With out people like you, people like him don't have a voice... I have more respect for a person devoted to protecting what America is than some college educated lib that thinks he has always had the rights and doesn't realize what it took to get them and what it takes to maintain them. Respect the people that give you the voice to make yourself look stupid...

And this means... what? Are you saying that people should join the military instead of going to school? Have you done either yourself?

Greg

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
i work at a liquor warehouse. 7pm-5am monday-thursday. lots of overtime. starting wage was $12.50/hr, now i'm making $17.50/hr because my boss likes me, because i bust my ass when i'm on the job. (read: hard work, not asskissing)

i pull in about $600-700/week now. it feels good to be making decent money. overtime is time and a half, and if we work on sundays, we get doubletime. ($35/hr)

the best part, is i get friday, saturday, and sunday off, and i dont have to be back at work until 7pm on monday. :)

oh yeah, i have full benefits too.

-shaeff

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
I work at a national parts store chain like lanky.... I am an assistant manager and make $13 an hour now, since I got my raise......

Hey lanky, do you guys have the outside store front signs? We got one this month that is a deicer sign, and has an mk3 or something that looks very close to it in it!