What's your occupation?

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Quite the variety here! I'm impressed.

How the hell do I describe mine? I'm a computer geek. Currently that means a team manager in a software development quality assurance department. When it comes to computers, I've pretty much done it all - worked retail selling both software and hardware, contract programming work in at least a dozen different languages, quality assurance, management, built, setup, and maintained virtually every kind of hardware you've ever heard of and likely some you haven't.

Cliffs: White hat hacker. :)

L

lanky189

drjonez said:
i guess? maybe next time i won't post so as to not hurt your feelings.... :icon_roll

aw.. hey Doc, you know i gots nuttin but loves for ya homey! :sonic:

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
im currently working as a millwright at an oilsands mine in the middle of nowhere. currently making just shy of $20 an hour. not bad for now untill i go back to school.

B

Boostaddctn

D34DC311 said:
ur joking right?

Sadly he is not, during these harsh times and low job openings, CSR has to do what he can to make money to pay for his aparmtment in East Oakland, so he did what no one else would do... sell oranges... aight peace :chicken:

ps- Ivan, Jabi is not happy you are coming onto his area!

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
agreed! or he could just move up here to the middle of nowhere and get a job in the mine sitting on his ass for $35 an hour ;)

Furball

Yes, I play Halo
Apr 2, 2005
Merced, CA
Right now I work at Ruby's diner making 7 bucks an hour. Straight up, I don't like it. I am looking into going to an aircraft mechanics school and getting an airframe and powerplant licence. That sould give me the mechanical skills and fabrication knowledge to start moving toward what I want to do, which is build custom performance parts kind of like becauseican. Now if anyone knows somebody in Southern California who is in that field and who is looking for a lacky to help around the shop and learn the trade I will gladly fill the position.

kysupra

I'm Single
Apr 25, 2005
Lexington, KY
Blackhawk Mech / winning the war on torror. wage, lol, depends how u look at it i guess, ~$2600, which amounts to $3.61/hr on a 30 day month.

not doing the job for the money and wouldnt trade it for all the Supras in the world, well maybe.

Supra Blues

Virgin Booster
Mar 30, 2005
Supramania
Furball said:
Right now I work at Ruby's diner making 7 bucks an hour. Straight up, I don't like it. I am looking into going to an aircraft mechanics school and getting an airframe and powerplant licence. That sould give me the mechanical skills and fabrication knowledge to start moving toward what I want to do, which is build custom performance parts kind of like becauseican. Now if anyone knows somebody in Southern California who is in that field and who is looking for a lacky to help around the shop and learn the trade I will gladly fill the position.

Hehe, we have clients that invested in Ruby's Diner.

csr ma71

rooftop sniper
Apr 2, 2005
bay area
www.angelfire.com
Boostaddctn said:
Sadly he is not, during these harsh times and low job openings, CSR has to do what he can to make money to pay for his aparmtment in East Oakland, so he did what no one else would do... sell oranges... aight peace :chicken:

ps- Ivan, Jabi is not happy you are coming onto his area!

Come by next week, it's strawberry season.

You know us MK3 owners, always working more than one job. Sometimes I freelance and become one of those guys waving those giant signs pointing out that the pizza store is running a promotion for pepporoni pizzas

P

Pokey

well, no f117s or f22s yet, you got to be a top f16 student to be picked to work on the f117s

and f15 crewchiefs get first pick i think on the f22

me, i work on the u-2, probably not many ppl have heard of it, but its been around for a long time, and smile, you are on camera :biglaugh:

sirkus

May 12, 2005
Cartersville, Ga
itsholdingon.tk
Pokey said:
well, no f117s or f22s yet, you got to be a top f16 student to be picked to work on the f117s

and f15 crewchiefs get first pick i think on the f22

me, i work on the u-2, probably not many ppl have heard of it, but its been around for a long time, and smile, you are on camera :biglaugh:

My father is the head supervisor over the B2 F/A-22 paint dept at lockheed... from the way that he talks about the plane. God himself is the only person who could work on it. He has sooo many poster of that jet all over his house. It's kind of creepy how much he loves that plane.

Last edited:
L

lanky189

drjonez said:
heh. i know. ;) i got nothing but love for your car! ;)

a shot to the heart!!! and you're to blame, you give love.....a bad name!

/\ random bon jovi quote....

yeah i love your car doc...wanna trade? the celica for the brown-mobile?

oneandgone

40R 6 SPD SC3
I'm a bodyman at a Toyo/Mitsu/Chrysler/Plymouth/Scion/Hyundai/Kia dealer. Been there for nearly 10 years now and it's starting to get old. I still like the job for the most part, but the days/cars are all running together at this point. Pay is ok though and I get a lot of time off when we're slow. I also work for Speed-Source when time permits. They're building a new dealership with no plans for a bodyshop, so it looks like I'll probably going full time at Speed-Source in a year or so.