The Luxocruiser 3650 lb sled thread

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
I took a picture of the oil feed and return so you can see it. This is the only thing close to difficult, and it is easier than the CT26. Although the turbo is bigger and flows more, the total mass is less, and you can actually see and start nuts on the studs somewhat easily.

Boss%20oil%20feed.JPG

Boss%20oil%20return.JPG

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
I just realized there is not a hole for the bolt that holds the dipstick tube. I will have to fabricate. Take note if you get one. Also, there is one stud and one threaded hole missing for the heat shield. So you can't reuse it unless ou fabricate a little bit. Which most of you like doing anyway.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
IJ.;1581036 said:
That dip in the drain hose may be problematic Nick.....

Welcome to the GOM ;)

Eh. The return was not bolted in. The nuts were just started, it straightened out more when clamped down. Thanks for noticing. :stickpoke

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
I have an observation for low boost. As in 4 psi. At 4 psi it is moving more air than a CT26. But because the wastegate isn't set, it doesn't have that boost pull, but still is nice. The engine feels bigger. Not that I will leave it that way. I just don't want to run 18 psi until I get a tune.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
IMG_0302.JPG

I think it has retained its mostly stock appearance. I asked for a non polished compressor housing on the Jr, and SS obliged. Not for sleeper to blast people, to keep it looking original.

teamslow

Sep 6, 2006
New Jersey
Nick. So there was no problem with the oil drain hose? When I tightened mine, the kink actually got worst.
I remember my friend had a kinked hose on his oil return for his 240Sx and it destroyed the turbo.

I got a new line that's 1 inch shorter.
Here's how it looks now.

p1582322_1.jpg

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
I attached the line to the turbo first. When I tightened it, that pulled the flange closer to the block, and further away. It and the water line could be a little shorter. But I don't think either is an issue.

teamslow

Sep 6, 2006
New Jersey
Nick M;1582565 said:
I attached the line to the turbo first. When I tightened it, that pulled the flange closer to the block, and further away. It and the water line could be a little shorter. But I don't think either is an issue.

Mine did the opposite. I tighten the 4 bolt that bolt the turbo to the manifold last, which made the line bend even more. Well as long as it's not kink, that's all that matters.
Yea. All the line were a little too long on mine also. The other lines have swivels so it doesn't matter.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
teamslow;1582322 said:
Nick. So there was no problem with the oil drain hose? When I tightened mine, the kink actually got worst.
I remember my friend had a kinked hose on his oil return for his 240Sx and it destroyed the turbo.

I got a new line that's 1 inch shorter.
Here's how it looks now.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
I took the turbo off to adjust the wastegate flapper. Well, first I took the arm off while it was still attached. So I took it off. And for whatever reason, I looked inside and it had a blob of silicone on one side. I had some oil come out, but figured it was from the dipstick tube. Nope. You could see the braiding inside where there wasn't tubing. Strange. I had difficulty contacting SS for the first time. I have read all the comments about the, but had never had a problem with communication. After the final email was replied to (a nastygram I wish I didn't send), they shipped another one out right away.

So I will put it together real quick and drive it at 12-14 psi to see how it feels. Although I have a general idea on the power level from Reg Reimer's page with his old and not quite as good HK$ Sport Turbo Upgrade. After I put on the intercooler and change the fuel pump to MKIV with dual (parallel) resisitors, I will run it at 18 psi and get a tune. And if the trans slips then I do the IPT. So, aside from replacing worn body parts and other cosmetic things, the powertrain has no other upgrades planed. The fuel pump is probably original, and close to maxed out at 12-14 psi from the bigger turbo, if not close but actually at the limit. The flow charts say there is little head room.

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
I worked out an issue of my doing. :nono: I left both clamps loose on the coupler between the 3000 pipe and the throttle body. So I had overboost at low rpm. And it was inconsistent and wouldn't build boost. According to my gauge anyway. But if you leak out the intake, the guage will not show high boost, there isn't a restriction.

So I put my manual controller back on it where it was with the CT26, which made about 13 psi. I spiked to 20 and hit fuel cut. And it did it fast. So the Boss Jr responds quickly. Not like a stock CT26, no after market unit will, but it does respond nice. And at 10 psi on just the actuator, it runs like a raped ape compared to the CT26 at 10 psi. As it should. So, for those that want a build like this, and not something to be featured on GTEPowered.com, this turbo is a good choice. Now I have to dial it down to about 14 psi until I get a fuel pump, tune, and intercooler. And my Lex meter from LIPP works perfect. Even at that power level, with a silky smooth 7M idle.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
I went to a dyno today. The shop has a Mustang loaded dyno. It has been hot has hell here, and the high was 97 and humid. I was there from about 2-4. I am pleased with my Boss jr. It laid down 255 at 5613 rpm in the blazing heat on a seriously heat soaked engine at 9.7:1 A/F ratio and low boost, about 10.3 I won't do it again in cooler weather on a dynojet just to have a bigger number. I am going to back out the bypass screw in the LIPP meter, and increase my manual controller a bit being that rich. It idles 14.5-14.7.

Last edited:

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
Very Healthy UnAnemic Numbers.

Now get a real intercooler, and turn up the blower.

I like poking into this thread, very nice build.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
I forgot to mention the dyno operator thought that my car had a nice swollen torque curve. Then again, they have a couple of 1JZ swaps they are working on.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Nick M;1603523 said:
I forgot to mention the dyno operator thought that my car had a nice swollen torque curve. Then again, they have a couple of 1JZ swaps they are working on.

This, sir, is sig worthy :)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
I will see if I can make it to Test and Tune on Thursday. This week is supposed to be much cooler, only in the mid to upper 80's.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
This is what a Supra should sound like. As for music, choose your own soundtrack. :) Air conditioning and nothing else. Nice and quiet. Leave your fart cans at home.

Last edited: