The Luxocruiser 3650 lb sled thread

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
It has worked pretty good so far. My other choice is carb cleaner and brake cleaner. But only the highly flammable kind.

You don't need 50 cans if you get out a tooth brush, or a brass brush. I am using both.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Not much today. When I pulled the exhaust manifold, I didn't like all the rust on the studs. Thanks rust belt states.

But that wasn't the real problem. This was.

stripped%20stud.jpg

You know, whatever you do, don't do it right the first time. I won't do a helicoil. I might just tap the hole to an 11, and get a bigger stud from Fastenal.

I will also need a radiator. The core is quite rusty. Better do it now. The PWR sure looks nice. But the stock unit works just fine. If I get a trans cooler, the PWR will be a better choice. Decisions decisions...

inside%20radiator.jpg

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Only a week to go for the back order. I will get some pictures of the extra room for those that haven't done this.

Then you won't have to beat the tubular manifold wit a hammer to make it fit. :biglaugh:

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Lookin' good, Nick. :) With all this extra power, you just might crack your rear subframe! ;)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
My Perma Cool relocator finally shipped. Hopefully I have it before next weekend so I can work on it next weekend. I think I will finish cleaning the side of the block. I cleaned half of it so far. The part I cleaned looks nice.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Pics? :) Everybody loves pics!

Have you decided where you're mounting the new cooler? And, are you going to use the supplied barb fittings and rubber line, or going -AN?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
The cooler is already mounted. In the stock location. It came threaded for NPT, so I picked up 6 from Summit, but realized the one needs a 90 degree bend, just like the factory cooler. So I went to Ace Hardware and grabbed one.

Yes on the barb fittings. With the 1/2" hose and worm style clamps. Pics after arival and install.

Last edited:

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Be super careful, as I'm sure you are. I thought I had all my lines routed perfectly, but one of them moved upon hard acceleration (around the 300rwhp mark) and moved just enough to contact the fan.

It ate away at the rubber hose really fast, and blew the oil line. Oil went EVERYwhere. :( It was a terrible mess that took forever to clean up. I'm lucky I didn't start an engine fire.

Anyway, I just figured I'd warn you, but you're smarter than I am/was, so I highly doubt you'd have that problem. :)

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
did you get that bigger stud?

i like that exhaust it looks a lot similar to the stocker, i dont really like the larger one that i have Lol i want something more like that now.

are you auto? i cant tell:( trans cooler would be sweet :)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
My car is an automatic. The exhaust looks stock to the average person, and more importantly sounds stock. I can tell the difference. There is a light drone under heavy load without throttle. Such as a small hill.

But the 7M whir at WOT easily overpowers it.

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
Just read through the thread again. Do the Helicoil fix. It is so much easier than drilling the manifold for bigger studs. Also have to drill the gasket which is a bigger pain.

Next time you are on a grime cleaning mission, give Purple Power a try. Stuff cuts grease and oil really well.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
The manifold is already bigger than the stud. And it is only one. I haven't done anything yet, but am thinking about a helicoil 10 x 1.25, which is stock. And using red locktite on the insert.

Good point about the gasket, because that just fits the stud.

noah89t

get naked & boost a supra
i used helicoils on a few of the exhaust studs during my rebuild and haven't had a problem yet. it isn't from people cross threading the bolts, it's from the heat of the head. if you want the part number for the helicoil kit let me know. mine is from advance auto parts.