The Luxocruiser 3650 lb sled thread

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
After my install of the manual boost controller, the car still drives perfect, even with 13 psi. Clearly the Lex mod works perfect, unless you are having issues to begin with. Or if you adjust the screw with out datalogging and a dyno.

Last Tuesday was a rain out. Today does not look favorable, but as of now, the track is still open for tonight's street tire test and tune.

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
I finally got to run tonight. First run was 15.241 @ 96.67, with a still dismal 2.720 60'. About half way down track, I realized I hadn't switched the ECT button. While better than a 15.5 @ 92, it should have been quicker. I also turn off the O/D, not knowing what speed I will hit.

On the second pass I had the button on. Much quicker. 14.88 @ 98.04. Not to mention faster. 60' was slightly better at 2.624.

Now, I really think a high 13 is possible with no other engine mods. I can get the 60' to 2.0. But the stock A340E can't stay. Since the radiator is nice and rusty on the inside, the trans cooler doesn't work very well. That hurts the times also. I will replace it with stock, and run an external cooler in series. Since I don't have, nor will ever have 500 hp on this car, stock is more than good enough.

The IPT valve body and a better converter would be the key to the 60'. And tires. I am still on the crappy H rated all seasons it came with from the prior owner. I really want that high 13 on the stock CT and stock intercooler.

According to the horspower calculation, it takes 231 horsepower to push that heavy of a car to a 14.88. It takes 291 horsepower to run 98 in the quarter in that heavy of a car. I would say the HKS staging system, of 285 hp @ 11.5 PSI is accurate. With a real intercooler, 300-320 would probably be realistic with the CT26.

14_88_98.jpg

The quick car next to me was a nice GTO, 6 speed, and nitrous. He didn't have the nitrous on for that run. He did 123 with nitrous earlier.

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
I would also like to add that my car is faster than the TRD automatic Supra. It had a slightly quicker e.t., but also had a 3.91 rear.

IJ.;1029353 said:
The 2nd had a 180f t/stat switch for the fan.

You can't really overcool Trans Fluid as the cooler circuit is only a bypass and not full flow.

I forgot to ask you, do you have an A340E appendix manual?

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
I ordered the LIPP elbow today from SupraSport.com. I felt like spending some money. I don't even have a turbo picked yet.

But the BOSS Jr is starting to gain ground on the BOSS T04E 54.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
I took a picture of the elbow, if for some reason nobody has seen it. Nice piece. And my intercooler hose problem defeater, aka Canton adapter in 18 x 1.5.

I still have to get A/N adapters for the NPT, and a smooth bend in some places.

I will do the intercooler and turbo at the same time as fixing the oil cooler imperfections. Next year or so.

canton&

Elbow%20opening.JPG

elbow%20side.JPG

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
I ordered a new Toyota radiator and the upper and lower hose. From Champion naturally. Next will be all four TEMS replacements from Tokiko. The maintenance on a 19 year old car has to happen before the bigger turbo.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
I changed my mind. I don't want to take it apart and put it together this many times. I ordered my Boss Jr. I am not putting the elbow on the CT26. We all know they work way better than the Toyota elbow.

As stated, I am looking at 350-375 rwhp, and not more. It should be very streetable. After the turbo comes the IPT trans. I will see how bad if at all it slips. I expect it to slip at that power level.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
My Boss jr shipped. I will have a time sheet in a few weeks. It should be a good refrence for others just starting, or have never atually done mods. Like IJ.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
I wanted to give a thumbs up to SupraSport/LIPP. Not just for the Boss Jr and their dedication to our hobby, but the CT26 install kit. The lines are suuuweeeet. The OEM hard oil line for the feed and return is just a pain. The install kit is all that and a bag of chips.

I am also putting on my Canton Adapter in place of the Permacool unit. The Permacool interferes with the intercooler hose, as some of you have already found out. I will take a picture of the Canton installed if you haven't seen IJ's or somebody elses. It goes down, and saves space bigtime. That and it isn't a brittle aluminum alloy. For as brittle as the Permacool piece is, it isn't even strong.

Pics probably tomorow.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
I thought I should add a few more progress pictures. There is a Boss Jr picture floating around this site already, and I wanted to add two more. They are informal pictures, not scaled for comparison, but they are side by side. You can see how much better that exhaust housing is. Even if I had the CT compressor, I think top end power would increase from the better breating.

P1060264.JPG

P1060273.JPG

TweeT91109

Jan 7, 2010
Tampa, Florida, United States
Nick M;1578046 said:
I thought I should add a few more progress pictures. There is a Boss Jr picture floating around this site already, and I wanted to add two more. They are informal pictures, not scaled for comparison, but they are side by side. You can see how much better that exhaust housing is. Even if I had the CT compressor, I think top end power would increase from the better breating.

P1060264.JPG

P1060273.JPG

Wow, I like the size difference. What kind of HP are u looking for out of this?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
350-375 rwhp. I think that should be easy. Even the jr will spin effeciently to 35psi on a 7M like its Boss big brother, but I think I can get there around 16.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
It took a while to get the right radiator. The system lists the wrong piece by year and model look up, but the correct one by the VIN. Anyway, the new one is the new Toyota style, plastic and aluminum. I have mixed feelings on it. It weighs less. Great. I hope the plastic end tanks don't fall apart. I also picked up the new tray that is supposed to be a coin holder. The spring mechanism came apart on the original, and the lid wouldn't stay shut. It was still availble in Shadow Gray.

Radiator%20old%20and%20new.JPG