The Luxocruiser 3650 lb sled thread

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
My fan clutch ejected its viscous fluid. I was wanting an excuse for the Tundra/Tacoma w5000 lb tow package fan clutch. It came in today. Immediate difference over stock when it didnt't leak. My A/C is colder on fresh. Of note, it has cooling fins (heat sink) on the whole body, where as the Supra unit (orange clutch) does not have it on front face.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
I did the ignitor grounding mod. My car runs fine. In fact, it runs and idles really good. But I was reading and decided to look. There was surface rust on the bottom of the case face where it mounts to the upper. Not much, just light surface rust. So I cleaned it and added the ground to the fender ground that is about 6 inches away, and that goes to the battery ground.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
I adjusted the set gain. I don't know how I missed it. I read about it online seperate from the GReddy instructions. It is when the valve starts to open. It was opening slightly early. It still would go much higher up to 13.5 psi, but I was letting it bleed slightly down low. That wouldn't change the 60 foot, but it would come on harder in 1st if I went to the track.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Denso pump part number 195130-1020 (Toyota 2JZGTE 23221-46110) is on the way. Along with the cylinder head cover (spark plug galley) gasket. I already have the cam cover gaskets. I will be deciding on my intercooler in the next week or two also.

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
I plugged my top end oil leaks. And I can see seepage from the EGR cooler. Ughh. Yes, it can be done in the car. It is just a tad difficult. Time to order up from Champion again.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Today I used my last 08922-02011 oil filter made in the USA. I have been swapping every other one until I ran out, with my Napa Gold. I couldn't bring myself to sell them on ebay.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
The engine is coming out. But it isn't coming apart. It makes it easier to do some of things, and easier to seperate the trans which needs to be shipped off. Lower ball joints, TEMS dampers, mounts for dampers, tie rod ends, and springs will also be installed. The car will roll out in August or September. I will clean at the same time.

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
Nick, I just read through your whole thread. It's awesome to see somebody else who approaches these cars the same way I do: maintaining the stock systems and improving them with better and newer bolt-on parts. An obsession with OEM toyota parts doesn't hurt either. :icon_bigg

I am wondering though, can you describe in a little more detail what you did with your resistor/fuel pump? It's a MKIV pump correct?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
emiliorescigno;1941971 said:
I am wondering though, can you describe in a little more detail what you did with your resistor/fuel pump? It's a MKIV pump correct?

You need two stock resistors in parallel to maintain the correct current with the high/low relay set up. I didn't do the math, but didn't feel the need to double check somebody.

miekedmr

mkiii in hibernation
Jul 12, 2005
Upstate NY
Great job taking care of this car and not cutting corners...
I always thought it was nice they had a low power mode for the pump.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Nick M;1928851 said:
The engine is coming out. But it isn't coming apart. It makes it easier to do some of things, and easier to seperate the trans which needs to be shipped off. Lower ball joints, TEMS dampers, mounts for dampers, tie rod ends, and springs will also be installed. The car will roll out in August or September. I will clean at the same time.

What springs did you go with? I like the way you keep everything having a stock appearance, I like it that way as well.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Silver MK3;1998221 said:
What springs did you go with? I like the way you keep everything having a stock appearance, I like it that way as well.

They are not in. And they are not available. I have found them from different dealers that just have them left over.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
I have four new TEMS dampeners (shocks) on all four corners, as well as lower ball joints. What a difference that makes on a car with 146k. And they were original and well worn.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Nick M;1028411 said:
I turned 15.5 @ 92. I figured stock should run 15.5 @ 90. I have the exhaust and downpipe, so a few more mph is expected.

But in the next year will be a small CT flanged T04E, such as those from Suprasport. And electronic boost controller, maybe on the CT just to see what 13 psi will do. And a real intercooler will round out the mods. The Lex meter runs perfect. When I get the bigger blower, I will get an airflow meter scaler to tweak it if needed. 10.0:1 AFR just isn't needed with a MHG.

Going back, the SupraSport Boss Jr at 13 PSI ran 14.8@103 at KCIR in 2011 when Gateway was closed. I picked up 11 mph with the new turbo and a decent boost controller. My best pass was 98 on the CT26 with the still stock intercooler at 13 psi. And that was much cooler air. If there is a decent weather night in the next month, I will go again. But not in StL humidity and heat.