Kotu's bye bye ct26 build

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
Yesterday I made a little progress. Installed the 2 plugs on my oil thermo so i dont lose all my oil when i start it. Sanded cleaned and painted vlave covers, installed valve covers and new modded throttle body. Hooked up vac lines and dropped radiator in. Installed IS300 coils and remade the coil wiring harness.

Only a couple more odds and ends and it'll be time to fire this beast up!!

on a side note, i have some 880cc injectors on the way, so i wont be limited by my 550's anymore!!!

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
Got myself a Napa gold (Wix) 1515 oil filter, and my new HKS BOV came in.
Its supposed to rain a lot this week so progress will be slow.

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
Cranked the engine for the 1st time friday after priming the oil system. It fired but i had a massive leak in between the TB and manifold.
I've wanted to hide the coil packs for the longest time but instead of just using some sheet metal i came up with this idea.

p1764059_1.jpg

also i celebrated my birthday last weekend, heres a pic of the cake my awesome g/f got me :)
p1764059_2.jpg

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
Been slacking on entries since i ran into this issue.
I dont believe the ECU is getting an ign signal, the injectors arnt firing, but every once in a while the engine will run for a couple seconds off the CSI.
Looks like im gonna need to replace the harness again...

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
Baaaaah

So i went up to watch my buddy dyno his 2j swapped is300. 716whp on c16 @ 34psi.
Needless to say i got much needed motivation to finish my car.
just finished piecing the fuel system together which will be e85 compatible if i decide to run that in the future.
just finished freshening up another harness and i'm hoping to swap that this week, along with the AEM V1 and the larger 880cc injectors.
Wish me luck!

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
Car is at my parents. So instead you get a vid of my buddys car.
[video=youtube;BJYsCyL6zvQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUldyV9VBsuoHVEmA9sbv_Iw&v=BJYsCyL6zvQ&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
Just placed the order for all the teflon lined fuel lines and fittings as well as a DW300 fuel pump to give me e85 capability.
Pics when shiny parts start coming in. YAAAAAY

Redfury11

Mar 19, 2011
Modesto, CA
nice thread man ive been really researching and planning on doing the same build roughly aem ems ffim 500ish hp fmic. i do have a question i could probably search for it but whats dif between 7m and 6m crank, thanks

Redfury11

Mar 19, 2011
Modesto, CA
hey thanks for the link did a lot more research last night and today. Im starting my own build thread here soon but you guys are gonna hate me. the project will be along the lines of the mustang from tokyo drift but mopar and all toyota, anyways i cant wait for you to do the AEM ems install

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
Thanks guys, the kind words mean alot.

Was planning on going to finish ripping out the old harness today but since its so nice out the g/f wants to go for a walk.

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
Small update
Never did swap out the harness BUUUUUUT I think i may have figured out what the problem is, the ECU is not seeing the STA signal during cranking. Unfortunately i didn't have any time to troubleshoot it. I think the issue lies from when i re-did the wiring harness, i remember re-pinning the EFI resistor and i'm hoping i put a wire in the wrong spot.
Tomorrow i'm going to double check those wires, if they're fine then i need to troubleshoot to find out why i'm not getting the STA signal.

Anyone know if this will this prevent the car from starting?

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
It runs!!!!
My buddy came over to give me a hand and suggested swapping the coil pack out just because. so i did it and it fired up.
WOOT!!!
Sounds like i screwed something up when i rewired my coilpack harness. Either that or for some reason my is300 coils died.

The car is running on the AEM EMS right now but it will barely idle, makes a whoooole lotta smoke (pretty sure its fuel.)
Sounds like all cylinders aren't firing and my gauge cluster doesn't work again...

Today i welded up the rear quarter panel but it came out like shit. Sprayed the inside of the fender near the welds with zinc weld thru primer. After i finished the welding i wire brushed it and sprayed a nice coat of self etching primer so it wont rust till i can finish it.

I think i may have to replace my turbo soon cuz i felt the shaftplay and i dont know why but theres a whole lot.
Add it to the list....

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
So i'm having an internal struggle...
I'm bringing the supra to a shop in NH to get tuned and have the bugs worked out.
I've been contemplating just having them install the new fuel pump, filter, lines, and injectors, or if i should do it myself.
I've never been to a shop before but i know that it costs a lot of money for labor and since i have all the parts thats pretty much all i'd be paying for.
What should i do???

shipkiller

Sep 16, 2010
Quebec
when you were running that turbo on the stock ecu with a safc II. how could you not hit the Fuel cut at 15-16 psi if it flow more than a 57 trim

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
Since I was running bigger injectors i had to put the fuel trim in the negative on the safc, because of this my ecu thought there was less air going in than there really was. So even though i was pushing 15 psi the ecu probably only saw 10-11psi.

Keep in mind i would not recommend doing that as it screws up the ignition map and makes timing go way high.