Kotu's bye bye ct26 build

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
Heading up to the shop to get the car back today, AEM tested the ECU and there was nothing wrong with it...
So i'm gonna see if they'll pay for the shipping and diagnostic of the ECU, and finish the car the right way this time...
Hopefully i'll have pics at home tonite.

WISH ME LUCK!!!

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
So the wiring problem was the switched power goin into the ecu from the engine bay fuse box.
Got the car on the roller to start tuning. Not building boost. Take the intake off and find a seized turbo...
This turbo has 0 miles on a fresh rebuild. Hopefully precision fucked up when they fixed it and rebuild under warranty.

FML

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
So the day after the turbo seized i went to go pick up my car cuz i'm done dealing with this bullshit problem after problem. The whole reason i brought it to a shop in the 1st place was so i could get it done and drive it this summer... looks like thats not gonna happen.
The owner of the shop wanted to fire me as a customer because i was "complaining" too much and it seemed like i was doing everything i could to try and get money back.

fast forward:
I found out what the wiring issue was that was causing the ECU to not get the switched power, the C1 plug that connects the engine harness to the engine bay harness was not plugged in...
Fuckin waste of $150 just cuz there douches can't double check their wiring properly.

Found out that for some reason they decided to weld a 3" outlet onto the coldside of the fmic and run 3" from there to the TB. Yea its nice and all but kind pointless since from turbo to hotside is only 2.5". Plus i never asked them to do it, just another thing they did to waste time and run my bill up.
They shortened my LIPP alt relocation bracket "cuz it was too close to the frame."
My door that they dented looks like it was fixed by some high school student and the primer is all runny.
I'm missing the greddy EBC i asked them to install, which they bought a new AEM boost solenoid and installed that instead.
Missing my brand new stainless power steering line and fittings i brought up on the 8th to install, they say its in the car. no it's most definitely not!
Both my knock sensor wires (which i JUST rewired) are broken at the ECU, and the front one doesnt even have the sensor attached and they grounded the middle and sheilding wires.

The list goes on.... I'm expecting a call from the shop owner shortly so we'll see if he even trys to fix things....
Once i get my turbo back from them i'll be posting a full review and disclosing which shop it is.

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
Well I did fix the wiring issues, fixed the wideband, took out the jury-rigged wiring to ECU.
They said they'll replace my parts if I pay for the additional work they did (which i never agreed to.)
Still waiting to hear about the turbo, i'm hoping for sometime this next week.

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
Got the turbo back, was fixed under warranty!!! yay!!!
I've got it pretty much all bolted up, just cant get to one of the bolts to the manifold. its so close to the chra and oil flange that i can't get a wrench on the nut.

Dyno appt for next saturday the 22nd. :)

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
Today I made a new oil drain for the turbo. 30degree fitting on the turbo straight on the engine, -10 size.
p1875051_1.jpg

Then I went to bolt up the turbo and couldnt get to one of the bolts to the manifold, so gotta pull the turbo apart to reach it. Thank god for stubby wrenches!!!
p1875051_2.jpg

Got everything bolted up including downpipe, rest of the exhaust, O2 sensor, IC piping, intake, etc.
p1875051_3.jpg

It Runs!!!!

On a side note, also found that my batt shut off switch does NOT kill the car, this was wired in by the same shop that screwed me over....

Last edited:

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
Finally got dynoed today!!! 12.5psi max. gonna drive it like this for a bit then go back next month for 20+psi runs.
p1876679_1.jpg

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
Thanks guys!!
Fixing to go back 1st or 2nd week of october for high boost and smoothening out the fuel map a little bit more.

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
Went back to the dyno on monday and put down 462hp 406wtq @ 16psi but it was leaning out up top due to a fuel flow issue.
Once the rain here finally stops i'll have a chance to troubleshoot the problem.

Ordered a bosch 044 to replace the intank dw301, or if the dw301 is fine i can always run it inline.

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
Bad news....
BHG :(
Overheated when i was in Boston the other day, noticed my coolant was low so i filled it up and burped it. Only drove it for about an hour yesterday and temp stayed right around 170*.
Today i started it and when i went to check the coolant it was low again. So i refilled it and burped again. Only when i took off my oil cap is when i noticed the milkyness inside. The oil isnt showing any signs of milkshake yet so i'm gonna drain the oil and coolant before any more damage can be done.
Hoping to pull off the head this week so i can check bring it to a machine shop and check to see if it got warped. Have my fingers crossed. Hopefully i'll be able to just replace the MHG and be good.

I believe theres a blockage in the coolant hardline that wraps around the engine from the heater core return. Noticed that hose behind the intake manifold was still cold when all the others were already warm. This would explain the lack of heat as well. Gonna have to figure this out while i'm replacing the HG to make sure the issue doesnt come back.

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
Good news.
HG is all fixed now, looked like it was slightly blown out between a couple cylinders. Fixed the issue with the hardline as well and now my heat is blasting hot as hell once again. Just in time for the chilly weather thats arriving.

I replaced the plugs but didnt have my gapper at the time, so now i think i'm getting spark blow-out at boost. Gonna have to look into that tomorrow.
Weirdly the car was running kinda funny this morning, i chalked it up to being colder than usual. Around lunchtime it was warmer and the issue persisted, so i popped the hood and started investigating. The #4 fuel injector plug had a loose wire and wasnt firing the injector. This issue arised at Wicked CAS when they had my car and it was supossed to be fixed. Looks like the pin was just shoved back into the plug but it wont hold itself in the plug. FAIL
Hopefully the BBB gets back to me soon about my complaint and i'll be able to get some of my money back.

On a side note i found a killer deal on some aero parts that i just couldnt pass up. So sometime there's gonna be a BIG change to the body. I think i still want to keep the white but i may add in some gold pearl....
Goddamn money pit. :)

During the Hg job
p1886794_1.jpg

Office view
p1886794_2.jpg

Last edited:

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
Update:
I've been chasing fuel issues and this morning i replaced the intank filter and double checked all my fittings cuz i'm losing fuel pressure right when i turn the key off. No leaks in the system so i think my injectors are clogged or something.

Took it for a ride real quick this morning and heard the dreaded waterfall noise. Went home and checked the oil cap.... BHG again. My head is probably annealed from overheating, even though it was only once and didnt even get that hot.

At this point i really want to just give up. I've spend a rediculous amount of money on this car in the last 2 years and i cant even drive it...
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
Thanks a lot Franco, your kind words mean a lot!

I've been thinking a lot about what i'm going to do, and decided to continue moving forward.
I have a couple heads in my garage and i may be able to use, but the 1st step is bringing my head to the machine shop and fully inspect it and check the hardness to see if it has in fact been annealed. I did get some detonation when i was trying to tune the car on saturday so now i'm wondering if this may have blown the HG.
The next step is to decide if i want to use another cometic MHG or find a different one.

A friend of mine told me about a place in Lowell that does injector cleaning and flow testing, so i'll be bringing my injectors there to hopefully once and for all find the issue to my fueling problem.