Kotu's bye bye ct26 build

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
Not really, the shortblock i swapped in was knockin like a sumbitch.
So it hasnt been touched.
I'm driving my srt-4 now.

Im hoping over the winter i can get stuff to a machine shop/engine builder n just have them do everything. Unless i can find a built 7m shortblock for a good deal.
Im not putting a plate on it again till i get 500+hp on the rollers.

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
Time to bump this up!!

Saturday me and the g/f took a trip down to New Jersey to pick up a 7M. :)
.040 JE Pistons
Crower rods
1mm oversize PEP valves
6m crank balanced with .010 oversize bearings
cometic MHG

no pics yet, and i probably wont be able to start working on it till July. BUT its a big update for me, and im looking forward to seeing what this turbo can do now that i have an engine that'll handle it.

I'm also still looking for someone in the New England area that is experienced with tuning the maft pro, so if anyone has any suggestions i'd like to hear them.

Also i added some K-sport coilovers to the supra to help out with the stance. pics soon to come.

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
haha believe me i want to!

I did make some progress today, installed the rear coilovers and adjusted to height.
Then i wanted to see how bad the rust on my quarter is, theres only a little dime sized paint bubble. I know that rust is like a cancer and for every bit you can see there's 10X's more you can't see.

I start sanding the paint off and i get down to the bare metal in all but 2 little spots, so out comes the angle grinder...
p1723757_1.jpg

Finally i realize im no longer looking at rust, but the foam "sealer" toyota decided to use on the wheel wells when they put the quarter panels on over the wheel well. so i go at it with a screwdriver to see the extent of the damage. Needless to say i'm very dissapointed. I just painted this friggin car!
p1723757_2.jpg

Oh well, just something else to fix, this car is gonna be mint by the time i done with it. :)
I think i'll keep it white this time though, its grown on me.

spencyg

Oct 7, 2010
Maine, USA
Ah...good old new england rust. I just scrapped the shell I'd been de-rusting all winter. Once it starts, it completely takes over. Hopefully you don't have that situation, because if you do, don't even bother trying to get ahead of it.

SGinNE

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
yea, the main reason i bought this car was because it came from texas a few years back and didnt have any rust except in the spare wheel well. unfortunately this popped up, so ill be inspecting the rest of the car before i start putting too much work into it. I have another rust free 88 so if this one does have a bit more rust than i wanna work with i'll just start swapping everything into the 88.

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
Hey guys, forgot to update about the rust issue, cut some sheet metal away and its a fairly small patch of rust. When i get back from camping july 2nd ill hopefully finish cleaning up the rust and start welding in the patch. Not sure if i want to repaint this year, or put my funds toward AEM EMS and a nice sethron FFIM.

Just realized its been 2 years from yesterday that i started this build thread, and oh how my goals have changed. :)

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
Sittin here doin a whole bunch of research and i've decided that my oil cooling system needs to be upgraded.
I have a relocation kit already but would like to get a quality cooler. Also is the thermostat that important?

I hve to find another hks bov, weld the proper wg flange so it doesnt leak, pull old engine, redo my wiring harness, swap everything to my new engine, and the list goes on.

Cant wait to get back from camping so i can tear into it.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Thermostat is a good idea. If not your engines oil might get up to temp after about 10 full out laps on a circuit. lol. Buddy had to put a piece of cardboard over his cooler so it would actually get hot on his 240.

Also if you doing the whole system in -10 imo its better to just get the -10an mocal stat vs teh earls. The earls is 50$ less but its 1/2in npt. So you need 4 1/2npt--10 an adapters and that will come out to very close to the mocal price. The mocal is the better unit too.

The thermostats are also 90/10 so you have oil circulating through the cooler and into the engine to heat up the oil thats in the cooler so it doesnt just open the stat and dump cold oil in the engine.

Im about the stat and the canton oil filter adapter short right now and ive spent about 450$. The other 2 will put me at about 650-700$ total for drop in. I used summit braided nylon with all black summit fittings and the canton goodies with a cxracing 9x11x2 cooler.

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
so i ordered some of my oil cooling system.
Earls oil thermostat
10an male to 10an male qty:4
10an straight hose end qty:8
10an to 1/2 npt qty:4
10an 90* hose end qty:2
15 ft 10an stainless braided hose
only thing left is the cooler, i have one i think i can use but i'll wait till everything else comes in 1st.

old engine is out and parts are being cleaned and transfered to the new engine. hopefully i get all my fittings in before next weekend so i can drop the engine in and hopefully start it up next weekend.

Heavy D

Jun 3, 2009
worcester, ma
nice, glad to see some progress, i still gotta go down there for them rods, just problems left and right, might be moving back to MA again, but if you need help i will deff swing by to give a hand

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
So, I made a whole bunch of progress since the last update.
Oil cooling system is installed along with the engine and transmission!!!
Installed the power steering lines, intercooler piping to the turbo, ran the wiring harness into the car, and hooked up the fuel lines.
hoping to get some more done thursday, and hope to have it running again this weekend.