Gm Transmission Kit Oh ya!!

oneandgone

40R 6 SPD SC3
chevyeater said:
Sounds good Grant. Get some slicks on that thing and you'll be in the 11's without even cranking the boost up I bet.

Thanks Brian, that's the plan! These passes were made on 18" BFG DR's, but I intend to pick up some 15" Weld's with MT ET Streets on them asap. :icon_evil That extra cush the taller sidewall will give should allow me to hook with the trans brake pretty easily.
I was launching at 5 psi on the brake this time, but it kicks so hard that it throws my foot off the pedal for just a second....I'm going to try setting up the 2-step that way I can just keep it matted off the line, hopefully it works. I'd really like to go deep into the 11's with this little, old-school turbo!

Iron Tank said:
I can't wait till that trans. adapter plate will become available to us.

xride63 said:

Soon! I promise!! I really wanted to race this thing before going all out on making the plates that way I knew it was going to work out as well as we had hoped...I'd say it has! The gearing in the trans coupled with the 3:73 rear is perfect for the 1/4, I'm crossing the finish line @ 6-6500 RPM in third!!!

Now we just need to get with the machine shop to make a couple very minor changes to the design, get the total cost, take deposits, and get them made!! Hopefully by next month we can have them into production! :naughty:

williamb82

Apr 24, 2005
Tampa, Fl.
your trapping 112 at 6k in 3rd with a 3.727rear? hmm, by my calcs, a 3.727 with a 1:1 3rd gear with 25.6 tall tires should be ~122. so, i take it you dont have a lock up convertor then? guess i need to look into a 3.42 rear for my car. got my adaptor plate on the way already for my mkii. dont know when itll all be set up though. pretty good times there. though id have thought the auto would have lowered them a bit more.

oneandgone

40R 6 SPD SC3
Will, traction will lower the times. Keep in mind I'm on 18 inch tires and low boost...The cure is on it's way though!

David, the plates are ready to be produced, unfortunately we just haven't had time to get to the machine shop. Hopefully things will slow down a bit after this month. July is the busiest month for us with all of the meets/events.

williamb82

Apr 24, 2005
Tampa, Fl.
i already got my adaptor. i cant use this kit as the trans is going in my mkii. as you can see, the adaptor i got is a 2 peice steel unit.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
Turbo. Targa. Life. said:
turbo 400=BULLETPROOF...and then some. Bad ass tranny. My dad's old Chevelle (69 with a factory punched 389 in it) had one...WOW

Not even close to bulletproof stock. Strong, yes. Bulletproof, not even close.

BTW chevelles had the 250 L6 , 283, 327, 350, 396 (402 after 69 but still labeled 396), 427, and 454. 389 was a pontiac motor. :)

Turbo. Targa. Life.

SupraMania Shirt Slinger!
Apr 16, 2005
O'Fallon, MO
www.geocities.com
heh don't I feel like an ass....yeah it was teh 396 punched to 402. He had it built by Matt Johnson's performance like--well I don't even know how long ago it was...probably about 15-20 years ago...very quick car. Almost 800 hp :)

that was one of 4 Chevelles he had....68-71. the 70 he had was a 454 but had a shittastical body. The 71 was a parts car for the 70. The 68 was a parts car for the 69 as well. Yeah both my parents were friggin gearheads. Mom had a 71 split bumper camaro...even my pops doesn't remember what motor was in it--he said it was some wierd number of CI V8.

ANYWAY back on topic YAY for chevy/GM tranny kits on supras!!!

williamb82

Apr 24, 2005
Tampa, Fl.
from what ive found a th400 should hold ~450lbs of tq stock. and wit thhe b&m trans kit, that number will nearly double. anyhow, i only plan on a max of mid 600's through it, and a lil over 500through it on a daily basis on pump gas. should hold up no prob. once its rebuilt.

z1turbo

Apr 24, 2005
lenexa kansas
s4.photobucket.com
Hey, Grant... guess who? I'm posting on my friends screen name... but... its casey... the asian kid that had a supra but went back to hondas... LOL... remember??? im sure u do... any how... i moved out to the kansascity area... and i guess my friend is intrested in doing the 3speed tranny conversion thing that youve been talking about for a long while... but yea im building a 1992 civic 4dr... that is RIGHT HAND DRIVE... cause i converted it... remember i was talking about doing a RHD conversion? lol... it finally did it... like a year later... hahahaa... ill probably stop by when im in town again to show u my machine im building...

-KC (Itz Darave)

toyman1987

Apr 2, 2005
Omaha
can you PM me a price minus the driveshaft. the converter is not listed in the "parts included with kit" does it come with a converter?