Gm Transmission Kit Oh ya!!

Toycoma

Four Door Drifter
Apr 2, 2005
new jersey
IJ. said:
Ever looked into a Clutch Auto for racing? (poor man's Lenco)

)
that might be a great idea for drifting too!! you can still clutch kick it but when you shift you can just shift it up or down with out pushing in the clutch.

ma70t

7mgte-s
Jun 7, 2005
va
when do u think that you would have the kit ready to sell i wan to get one
thanks alot

born2drv

Banned
Nov 1, 2005
Burbank, CA
I'm interested in this for sure, as long as I could get O/D for highway driving. If you could offer a completely built tranny that a local shop could just bolt up and not just a kit I'd be interested in that as well.

oneandgone

40R 6 SPD SC3
fstoy said:
GEt another machine shop!:biglaugh:

I am still i ntrested in one also.

Dave

Not gonna happen. We love our machine shop. They're local, allow us to make design changes without hassle, and make tons of items for us. Glad to hear you're still interested though!

If I can get a definate cost before production I may try to take deposits. Oherwise I'm liable to not have enough on hand to go around.

born2drv said:
I'm interested in this for sure, as long as I could get O/D for highway driving. If you could offer a completely built tranny that a local shop could just bolt up and not just a kit I'd be interested in that as well.

O/D will be an issue. This plate will work for the TH-350 and TH-400, neither of which are O/D transmissions. You can install a Gear Vendors over/underdrive unit onto the TH-400, but it will run about $2,000. As for a fully built trans just go to J+W Transmissions website.

927mgtepat said:
Bad ass, Nice work

Grant I take it you didn't sell your car?

Thanks Pat! It's not sold yet, although I do have someone who wants to come look at it in the next few days. Wish me luck!

oneandgone

40R 6 SPD SC3
927mgtepat said:
Grant, are you going to get another supra?

I'm wanting to get an SC300. The guy who's coming to look at it talks like he could either buy it outright, or trade me his 98 GS400 for it. IF we trade I'll probably put the GS up fs and search for an SC.

I've also been thinking about getting back into the musclecar game, but it would really have to be the right car. It's pretty hard to find one in the midwest that would fit my criteria.

Adam F

Apr 9, 2006
Cincinnati Ohio
Hmm this looks like a good idea for a custom 7m swap into my 4Runner. Would you sell the adapter by itself? I guess you dont have pricing yet, do you?

oneandgone

40R 6 SPD SC3
Syris said:
prices on the adapter and the driveshaft

The adapter we're not sure on yet. As for the driveshaft it doesn't look like I'll be selling enough kits to be able to get a break on ds pricing. I'll probably just refer you to who made mine, with the specs that you need. They're very high quality, and very speedy. I ordered mine, and the next day it shipped. I can't remember the price to be exact, but I think it was under $500. It's aluminum, of course.

thagr81_us said:
This is setup just for the 7M correct? Any possibilities for a 1JZ or 2JZ version in the future as the one from Titan (at least I think that's where I saw it last) was like $14,000?

Since this adapter plate attaches the bellhousing of the 7M automatic to the GM trans I don't see any reason why you couldn't use the 1J automatic bellhousing instead in order to use this with the 1 or 2J. The torque converter will be different, but I beleive that we can get you one that would be correct.