Gm Transmission Kit Oh ya!!

Syris

Need Rust Repair
Aug 24, 2005
Bryan, OH /Lima, OH
well the driveshaft part wasnt too big of a concern since i know there is a shop about 30min from here that can make one up but im not sure on the pricing. Would it be possible to get the spec's for the ds? Im more worried about being able to get an adapter than the ds

thagr81_us

Boost Junkie
Apr 11, 2006
Greenwood, SC
community.webshots.com
oneandgone said:
Since this adapter plate attaches the bellhousing of the 7M automatic to the GM trans I don't see any reason why you couldn't use the 1J automatic bellhousing instead in order to use this with the 1 or 2J. The torque converter will be different, but I beleive that we can get you one that would be correct.

Sounds like a plan... I'll be sure to be in touch about this in the near future.

kmckiness

Aug 13, 2005
Saint Charles, IL
I would like an update as well...

I am really interested to hear how the TH-400 is doing on your car.

This is the next upgrade that I want to do to the car. I just had my a340 rebuilt from a local shop that "upgraded" it for more hp and installed a higher stall convertor as well. He did all this as well as including a 1 year warranty for a hair under 1,000 dollars. (I hope he built it right and that it will last for atleast 2 years)

I just want the peace of mind that the TH-400 tranny offers but the lower top end speed is what puts me off.

Also, would the Gear Vendors Over / Under drive system remove the problem of higher speeds such as highway driving etc. ? (the lower top end as well as the higher rpms while highway cruising)

Last edited:

JCFsupraman

May 12, 2005
Cold North
Hello Grant. It looks like I will need to do this. I called you like 2 years ago from the shop of the tranny guy who did my Level 10 and I wasn't sure where I was headed but after getting the car to where it should be the hp is causing the supposed bulletproofing built to 1,024 hp kit to bounce off the rev limiter and not shift so I don't know if it is the L10 components - valve body, torque converter & bullet proofing kit, or if it was the install guy, or the fact that at over 300 hp I burnt the clutch packs and the tranny was slipping because I hadn't had the bulletproofing done yet and just had the vb & tc.

So my auto body shop - best in the area and has done alot of hot rods, dragcars, classics & imports also a supra owner who turned an 87 na T into a 500 hp low 11's 1/4 miler and is now on the way to upgrade to 900hp and under 10 seconds which I firmly believe he and his son will accomplish given his past accomplishments with the supra and other cars as well, suggested doing the TH350 or TH400 tranny and has read some of your posts. They also found the boost leaks that were causing the low dyno numbers but now the tranny can't take it. So I think I need your help with figuring out what exactly I will need to do to make this happen. I just reread the 13 pages but like I said back then I am not technical but am learning and the body shop owner knows how to swap trannys and can do it and infact can get the TH for me too so just need the adapter and converter and whatever else you suggest. It is going to be a 500 rwhp daily driver with mainly city driving and some highway and expressway and the occasional trip to the track. I am looking for reliability and comfort so not really a harsh track like feel. I can give you a call later when I head out to his place in a couple of days if you want and have him speak to you or if it pretty straight forward then just the prices and what needs to be done I guess will suffice. Sorry to hear that you are selling your car or perhaps by now have already sold it. It really is a beautiful Supra and I still like those hood ornaments.:naughty: Hope all is well. Jim

PS what does kmckiness mean by lower top end? will I not be able to go 245km/h on the 401 coming back from Toronto at 1 am anymore?

Also what is the difference(s) between the 350 and 400?

toyman1987

Apr 2, 2005
Omaha
tookwik4u89 said:
Nice, but $$$$$$$$$$$, and you get to beat it in.

So, what other options are there?
The only way not to move the tunnel is to use the toyota bellhousing, and using a hybrid converter. Do you know somewhere to buy a kit like that? and how much is it?

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
Im going to push the a340 to the limit first, but trans brake......mmmmm.mmmm...mmmmm, cant wait to start breaking stuff. We need trans brakes and 4000 stall converters for an a340, that would be cool!

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
Turbo. Targa. Life. said:
No one makes a trans-brake for the a340?

What's the highest stall converter made? 3000?

You can get any stall you want from IPT or PI, it is a custom made billet converter and not your restalled stock one. Usually goes upwards of $1k

No such thing as a trans brake for a toyota tranny.

Bigdough666

Picture Me Rollin
Apr 4, 2005
Corpus Christi, TX
Im lookin to either do this swap or get a new clutch. The way I see it, its either spend a lil more now and thats it, or spend $450+ everytime I need a clutch. Im jus tryin to source all the items for the swap, lots of stuff I need to get.