Flateric's, Rocket Red Road Sled!

Blackdawg

Taco Soup..my rides
Oct 12, 2010
Wyoming
meh, after 20 its all the same. its the wind that came make it a freakin bitch.

love your car man, and the story behind it too :D keep it up

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Well progress of sorts anyways, Got my T71 back all repaired like shiny new. The GT4088R beside it just for reference. They seem to be essentially the same size in every way. The netics is a dual BB as well, unlike the Garrett it is repairable for reasonable cost.turbos_both.jpg

Also got a snazzy new under nose toyota stock air deflector from Jeff. Also got new rear end camber bolts nuts....the works. But I just have to figure out how I am going to get the old ones out without damaging my rear subframe.

My plan is to follow IJ's method for correcting everything as much as possible to get my alignment set right. Meaning a little cut and shorten.

RPSil13

Nov 30, 2006
Anaheim, CA
lol those turbos are nice too, i was asking about the stickers you were making, i just couldnt figure out how to quote the pic properly lol :)

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Hurray! Finally made it out to the scale today to verify my vehicle weight and whatnot (Thanks Floyde.....feedingtime for the company and pointing out the scales in the first place too me!) and I'm really happy to report my total vehicle weight...me in it and full interior etc.... to be!

3250.......exactly my guestimated weight!

And thats with my big fat overweighty stock seats.......So I will be dropping some of that still when the light weight seats go in.

This concludes the quicky update for the day!

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Got myself a Stout hood brand new in the box! Pics to come. That with the new seats I should be rolling right around the 3000 mark now.

Question......Do I have to put any shielding on the underside of the hood to protect it from the heat? Especially directly above the turbo?

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
I dont have a shield under my CF hood, but I did put the stock heatshields on the turbo...

Ran without a shield for about 2 years, nothing bad yet, not sure how the stout is though..

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
honestabe;1466580 said:
Damn nice Gord. Did you go back to the Dodge dealership after you bought the Supra just to really piss the salesman off for losing a sale?

Exactly what I was gonna ask!! Lol. I wouldve def done so!!

Also not a big fan of the hood and bumper IMO. everything else looks great though! Wish I was old enough to buy my supra in 91! Wouldn't have as much rust on it as it does now!! More engine pics please!!!!

Last edited: