Flateric's, Rocket Red Road Sled!

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Ya no kidding there hey? Most sheets are either that pulled diamond crap, holes are too small or the holes are to big or spaced too far apart.

I like this sheet because it is about right for hole spacing and size, yet it is not too thin or too thick. And it shines up really nicely and easily and can be easily clear coated.

I got it from a place in town here called metal super market inc.

They have alot of branches all over so hopefully you can find one near you. Or perhaps they will ship to you?

It can also be had in stainless steel, but I am never lucky enough to catch them with it in stock.

But I certainly agree, good perforated sheet is very hard to find.

They sell it cut to any size you wish and you can also just order a giant sheet too, up to the size of a sheet of plywood.

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
toying around with a Spark valley aluminium cover idea. Not done yet. I may still junk this one and start agian with something else, not sure.

The oil cap is really out of place now. It's gotta go for sure.

Gonna have to polish the intake up better now too and the turbo will need it also, then it'll be bling across the top of the whole works.

Attachments

• valleytestfit1.jpg
    valleytestfit1.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 203

Bri-Guy

rebuilding it properly
Oct 13, 2007
South Calgary
Good one Gord. Looking forward to seeing more detail on this. I'll have to make it over to see it in person again soon. I owe you for sure.

Looking forward to seeing this out tearing things up.

More pics, love pics.

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Looks really nice Gord. You did a good job. I know the polishing woahs all too well, and boy do they suck. Although the payoff is well worth it. Looking at the old pics of the parts before I polished them and the after pics the difference looks 100x better.

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Here's some pics from yesterday of the replacement 2jz on the stand waiting to go in. It's in now though.

Attachments

• engineonstand2..jpg
    engineonstand2..jpg
    418.6 KB · Views: 155
  • engineonstand..jpg
    engineonstand..jpg
    396.6 KB · Views: 138

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Flateric;1563071 said:
made 300 hp at 8 psi before total engine failure.

Had the car with new motor on the dyno last night and with the exact same settings, boost, standalone calibration file (still untuned for timing and no meth injection) it did 348RWHP so the new motor is definitely a stronger beast with no issues thus far. At 14PSI, it put down.........well, that's saved for another story.......let's just say it is living next door to 500RWHP, very close indeed, perhaps even a downstairs roommate of 500! LOL