5.0 supra its a comin

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
I say go for it. I've owned a '92 Mustang GT, so I'm not spouting of with a bunch of uninformed bullshit. Put a set of headers & a free flowing exhaust, open up the intake and stomp the shit out of everybody. everyone is stuck on high HP numbers, but nobody looks at torque, and believe me, the 7M, 1J & 2J doesn't hold a candle to a 5.0's low end torque.

If you want any advice on the 5.0, feel free to ask. I had a 675 hp monster & I'd be glad to help

Yet again, the bullshitters spread the mis information.

mcpcola

7M's = Peoples Champ
Jul 4, 2005
Greater Gulf Coast
esc said:
Yes, there are other options. Buy a Couger. Mod it, be white trash.

hey i am white trash you racist bastard. I do live in a trailer and i also live in the south. Just a good ole boy never meaning no harm robbing the system like a true modern day robinhood. I am also going to install a musical air horn and put a Rebel flag paint job on it. You are an ignorant SOB and have not right to express you Racist beliefs here. why don't you go post on www.kkk.com

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
esc said:
Yes, there are other options. Buy a Couger. Mod it, be white trash.

I guess I'm white trash. Even though I have a masters degree in engineering & have owned a structural engineering group for the last 7 years that doesn't pull me out of the white trash crowd. :squint:

mcpcola

7M's = Peoples Champ
Jul 4, 2005
Greater Gulf Coast
rakkasan said:
I say go for it. I've owned a '92 Mustang GT, so I'm not spouting of with a bunch of uninformed bullshit. Put a set of headers & a free flowing exhaust, open up the intake and stomp the shit out of everybody. everyone is stuck on high HP numbers, but nobody looks at torque, and believe me, the 7M, 1J & 2J doesn't hold a candle to a 5.0's low end torque.

If you want any advice on the 5.0, feel free to ask. I had a 675 hp monster & I'd be glad to help

Yet again, the bullshitters spread the mis information.

are you familer with the aod can it handle any decent power i have been told it can handle up to 500 with just a factory rebuild. I would like to use the auto with overdrive but i am unsure if it can handle the power. I could rebuild with with a shift kit and upgraded pac clutchs BTW autos are great spool monster with turbos

abustiffy

Apr 13, 2005
in a house
mcpcola said:
are you familer with the aod can it handle any decent power i have been told it can handle up to 500 with just a factory rebuild. I would like to use the auto with overdrive but i am unsure if it can handle the power. I could rebuild with with a shift kit and upgraded pac clutchs BTW autos are great spool monster with turbos

The thunderbird I posted the pics of made its power through an aod, but it was built by lintech.

abustiffy

Apr 13, 2005
in a house
mcpcola said:
wow only 480 hp on twin turbo's he should be a lot higher but good stuff non the less

those particular turbos run out of steam around 225 hp not to mention he is still running iron heads, stock rods and some cheap pistons.

Justin727

T-virus infected
ya kno after i get finished with the supra i might do a H.O. swap to my 93bird.
As for the torque i must say i have ran a 5.0 with intake, headers, and exhaust dumped and from off the line we were even... Hell even from a 25mph roll we were even. But i must say you can feel the torque from both cars.

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
I say go for it! It would be fun and cheap if you do it yourself. Any fast Supra is fine with me. I saw a Chevy 350 in one at Vegas last year but it looked pretty beat up. If you did it right, and made it look clean the people who you actually would want to talk to would give you props for being different.

M

Makavelli

esc said:
regardless of how fast it may be, it's still not a supra

Amen, brother.

Ok, all insults and personal opinions aside:

You're putting in a faster engine for more power and speed right?

Yet you want to keep the 3600 pound body?

I know she's stylish, but if you're really wanting to build a monster, why wouldn't you go with a lighter body?

Your argument for speed/power is illogical. You're trying to cover up the fact that you're cuttin corners with this project.

You can't possibly tell me that the Supra body is so stylish that you'd willingly take on that much extra weight.

OMG--the "know nothin 15 second kid from the projects" just pulled your card... :biglaugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

abustiffy

Apr 13, 2005
in a house
Makavelli said:
Amen, brother.

Ok, all insults and personal opinions aside:

You're putting in a faster engine for more power and speed right?

Yet you want to keep the 3600 pound body?

I know she's stylish, but if you're really wanting to build a monster, why wouldn't you go with a lighter body?

Your argument for speed/power is illogical. You're trying to cover up the fact that you're cuttin corners with this project.

You can't possibly tell me that the Supra body is so stylish that you'd willingly take on that much extra weight.

OMG--the "know nothin 15 second kid from the projects" just pulled your card... :biglaugh:

Though you do have a logical argument there, the same could be said for modding the 7m. No one bought this car because it is light and nimble. Im sure looks, comfort and modability were a bit higher on the list. The v8 swap is just another means to a common end; more power, yet reliable. I will give you an example of why someone like me would do this... I like the mk3 obviously. Ive built my share of 7m projects. I also have a turbo 5.0 mustang(sometimes) I love the mustang, but there are 2 key factors that I really hate about it. 1.) at 5'7" Im not exactly tall, nor are my arms long. The mustang has a shifter that is very far forward, a seat that tilts up and a low dash. These make for a very shortperson unfriendly car. I have ro really reach for the shifter and my knee hits the dash when i release the clutch. 2.) it has a cable clutch. I want to work out in the gym, not in my car.

There are also other factorsbut those are most on personal taste. Like styling and comfort. But what it comes down to is power. If you havent driven a turbo v8, I highly suggest it. A motor that spins a t70 in the way the 7m spins the ct, makes for a very fun ride. This isnt the only way to win a race by far, but it is a totally different experience.

mcpcola

7M's = Peoples Champ
Jul 4, 2005
Greater Gulf Coast
This was never to be a drag car i am looking for low end torque with the ablity to have so high in blasts while driving this thing as a DD. I am going to do some trimming of weight in the process and the ac and ps will both work. and she will end up in the 12's

abustiffy

Apr 13, 2005
in a house
mcpcola said:
This was never to be a drag car i am looking for low end torque with the ablity to have so high in blasts while driving this thing as a DD. I am going to do some trimming of weight in the process and the ac and ps will both work. and she will end up in the 12's
in a ma70 chassis, you better do a lot of trimming and learn to drive to get an n/a 5.0 in the 12s. If you plan on boosting it, you can set those goals a bit higher

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
wow...

just do what you want. this shouldnt be such blasphemy...
seems like when someone says they're doing a 7m/1jz swap on the rx7 forums... a lot of people are like "that's so wrong"

just do whatever. as long as you post a shitload of pics, i dont care.
just make it clean. whatever you do, make it a clean install.

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
Don't let anyone stop you from accomplishing your task/dream. But, with that being said, a better choice of platform, :icon_razz would be a second gen. RX-7. Lighter, has been done alot more (more tech support info available) and still retains a stylish look similar to our MKIII's. There was two of those small block Chevy RX's runnin' at the drags a few month's back. One was a kid's car that he had just done, and was in the mid 13's @ about 107mph. And the other belonged to a very capable professional hot-rodder, and was running in the high 11's, low 12 range! Both were cool, and different. That's all that counts sometimes! Go for it if you want, theres always going to be people that do, and don't like it, that, you'll just have to live with!