5.0 supra its a comin

mcpcola

7M's = Peoples Champ
Jul 4, 2005
Greater Gulf Coast
NashMan said:
yup they don't like boost much the bottom end will take it certon point and they will pop a gasket here and there ps turbo push more cfm then sc will do any day

302 are kidna waste of time 350 chev is the only way to go

They will handle boost just fine i am going to have the block helicoiled and use arp head bolts at 95 PSI so they will hold up fine

abustiffy

Apr 13, 2005
in a house
actually with the long/short bolt set up for the sbf, we have found the best way to torque them is 95 top(long) and 85 bottom (short) we had a blown 95 gt that kept popping gaskets, on the last change we did this per a sugestion from another shop, and the gaskets are still doing fine.

A

abitdone

Hi Just read this thread. I have put a small block chevy into a mk3 for road use. Its conected to the w58 box and it seams to work a treat. Had a few teathing probs at first but now things are sorted. I shall try to put up a photo. Its worth doing a nice job or it looks a right lash up. good luck, you can check out mine at http://www.forum.mkiiisupra.net/showthread.php?t=7126.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
1989MKIII said:
good choice, now it will remain a "true" supra...

l8ter
justin

and

Makavelli said:
Man some people just don't get it. Some of us here are Supra enthusiasts. To my generation, the Supra is like the 69 Camero or Mustang of my dad's generation. To mod out a Supra engine is cool, but to drop a Cougar engine in it is blasphemy. It'd be like droppin a Ford engine in a classic camero or vice versa. I personally don't care what this car is worth by Blue Book standards, I love it because it's a Supra. It's the last unicorn for guys in my age group. The ultimate ride in a class of imports from my day. To gut her and throw in any old engine is a cheap and soulless move. JMO, but then again, WTF do I know, right? :3d_frown:

of WHAT THE FUCK is wrong with you people.

Makavelli. Athough you did end your statement with it is just your opionion. It is a very misinformed opinon. Google the defenition of enthusiast before you use that word. especially in the context you used it in your post. That is not an enthusiast. That is an ELITIST.

Classic camaro with a ford engine. Seen it done with a 302, and a 351. It was actually a very nice transplant. I asked him why the choice of motor. To try something different his answer. So knowing this now , Did it put you in the hospital when they did that? Did it take your money when they did that? No?

hmm this is not a fucking religion. It is 4 wheels with sheet metal formed in a certain design and nothing else. It has no feelings and it does not think. You take care of it (maintanance wise) just liek ANY other car and it works. Hell people complain about HG. Fuck the 7m motors are running well into the 100k miles at least with some topping 300k miles (i was at 210k miles when my motor gave up) and all of you are complaining the 7m don't last??? If a 7m don't last i wonder what you say about a 459k mile toyota previa van........

I have another car that was said by the europeans that it shouldn't last no more than 100k miles as that is what is common over there. 130k miles and no sign of stopping. Why? Because I take care of the damn thing and keep it with fresh blood at all times.

It is quite simple to take care of a car to include the MKIII. What happens though is that most folks that are getting these cars get them and start adding shit to them for "powah!!" INSTEAD of repairing the 13+ year old crap that is in the bay!! THAT is why these cars don't last. Maintanance over power first and foremost.

Spiv

hooligan
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando, Fl
CtSupra said:
YOUR GOD DAMN RIGHT MY FRIEND!

This is an Mkiii, not some ricers wet dream. Most of us here try to preserve the Mkiii with factory originality. Leave the American v-8 swaps to the rx-7s.

*SLAP*

hey, leave my RX-7's alone, rotary ownz :p

JDMfantasy

Banned
Apr 25, 2005
I suppose swapping in a TT 1UZ is just wrong too?

P5230036-copy.jpg
[/IMG]

There's nothing wrong with the 7M, but there are better platforms for different goals. I don't see why everyone shuns creativity.

abustiffy

Apr 13, 2005
in a house
I couldnt agree more with the 4 wheels and sheetmetal comment. I love to see crazy motor swaps. I also love to see 7m powered cars running sub 11s, both take time, money, blood, sweat, and tears.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
the w58 will not take the turq at all my buddies lasted like 2 weeks then it broke

he had 5.0 wiht a w58 if you are going to do it use a c5 tranny i think it is called

w58s don't liek truq and that si what 5.0 do best

turbo are alot frendlyer on trannies then just shear power akak turq

williamb82

Apr 24, 2005
Tampa, Fl.
i myself would go chevy before ford. i dont like the head bolt pattern on fords, but i say do it anyway, and of course.

:ttiwwp:

hurry up man. lol

abustiffy

Apr 13, 2005
in a house
NashMan said:
the w58 will not take the turq at all my buddies lasted like 2 weeks then it broke

he had 5.0 wiht a w58 if you are going to do it use a c5 tranny i think it is called

w58s don't liek truq and that si what 5.0 do best

turbo are alot frendlyer on trannies then just shear power akak turq

it is t5 and they are also junk. Not much better than the w58. Best to go with a tremmic or an auto