2JZ swap *BUILD THREAD*

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
i'm kinda worried about the spool time on it. it's the T70 ebay turbo. for the price it wouldn't hurt to try it. if it fails i can put the twins back in. then save up for a SP turbo. i'll also rotate the housing today so the oil drains straight down.

i have one of those hks copy wastegates... how do i hook up the vacuum lines to it? there's one on the top and one on the side.

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
MY HOOD WON'T CLOSE NOW....i guess i need to buy a t4 turbo so i can get rid of the T3/T4 adapter.

p589790_1.jpg

p589790_2.jpg

jmoneydtb

Old Skool Kool Enthusiast
Nov 6, 2006
mobile, al
i thought it looked like that turbo was sitting a little too high with that adapter. i had the same kinda thing happen w/ my z car when i put the pathfinder intake manifold on it but you cant just get rid of a piece and have that kind of a part work right! so i had to shim the hood in the back about 1.5", at least you dont have to do that! :D

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
and where the turbo is i can't just cut a hole in the hood and put on of those air vents over it.

do you think if i bought a T3 weld plate and had it welded right on top of the T4 flange on the manifold it would be alright. or i can buy a T4 flange and weld it onto the turbo T3 housing.

i'm also about 95% done with the wiring i think. i doubt this engine is going to run when i go to start it.

powersteering hose
AFPR
Wideband

EDIT*******

i am now able to start the car but can't run it yet till i get the above items. i think i have all the wiring done. it cranks but i won't know for sure if it runs till the end of may
Downpipe
and some way to make my hood close

after that i'll be done

Last edited:

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
well, here's that latest and greatest.

right now i'm at apoint where the engine will crank. but i can't start it yet till i get a few more things. the wiring kicked my butt, but i won't know for sure if it's all right till i try to start it. i am so close. when i come back from tdy i'll have enough money to finish her. so now i'm expecting to get her done by the first week of june. the major part i need is a custom downpipe made.

some guy on a phone just decides to sit in my car will i take pics...geese

p597627_1.jpg

p597627_2.jpg

p597627_3.jpg

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
i had to cut away some of the hood support.

has anybody had an issue or heard of any problems with the TPS ??
it only shows 70% when WOT :(

mobes

Supras are never 'done'
Apr 5, 2005
Bozeman, MT
crazysupra2JZ said:
has anybody had an issue or heard of any problems with the TPS ??
it only shows 70% when WOT :(
First and foremost, make sure there's no slack in your linkages.

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
I dont think the turbo wouldnt hit the hood if you either get the right header or had a 1jz cuz its over 1½" shorter in height.

Fantastic work I cant wait to see the outcome and dyno results of this.

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
lot's more progress. the engine is running but really needs tuned.
all i have left to get is a wideband and downpipe. what tranny fluid do you guys put in your R154? i need that too.

after all the wiring headache... the only thing i messed up on was the fuel pump. i had to hard wire it with a switch. and to confirm. the mk3 fuel injector resistor does work.

car sounds badass, course i don't have any exhaust on it yet

p627938_1.jpg

p627938_2.jpg

p627938_3.jpg

p627938_4.jpg

ma70tt

Jan 31, 2007
deerfield
that spec clutch looks alot like a leftover act clutch i have sitting in my stock room. the one i have was bought for a 2jz/6 speed swap i did on a fd rx7 @ a year ago. let me know if you want it, i'll get it to you for way less than i paid. its the organic full faced disc (no chatter/noise) and the pressure plate is pull style like yours... if ya look in old for sale posts its in there. i also have an extra 6 speed trans here too...

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
alright, so the TPS is fixed. i went into the AFC and adjusted settings in it. so now it shows 100% when WOT. but... does anybody know which signals i need to create to make TEMS work with speed and braking and all that happy stuff.

p5150

ASE and FAA A&P Certified
Mar 31, 2005
Central Idaho
Theres only three wires from the ecu that feed into the TEMS. The other ones look to be independent. Ive been looking to see what the wires that come out of the TCCS that feed to the TEMS actually "say" but I cant find it anywhere.

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TEWD/MK3/manual.aspx?Section=Main&Page=115

Thats the tems - TCCS pins 17, 18, 19 if you have a turbo. B1 connectors 2, 3, 4 Look at connector B1:

http://www.supras.nl/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=34&Itemid=50

You probably had that already and I havent been any help - I dont know what you are going to do to simulate the signal because I dont know what the signal actually is!

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
yeah this wiring is a little on the hard side, but do you know what wires to jump to make it stay in full firm mode. i've seen a thread about it before, i think on SF though. at least i can make it stay in which ever setting i want

thanks for the help though, looks like it's kicking your butt too...

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
I'll have to read into that. plus if i get rid of the actuators, i think the MKIV TRD strut bar fits, anybody know for sure.

anyway, got an update on parts. still at nellis for now but as soon as i get back to GA i'm gonna finally get this car on the street

here's what i ordered

NGK Powerdex AFX Wideband O2
Eibach lowering springs 1.5 F - 1.0 R
Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator
ATP Turbo 3" V Band downpipe. it's a start to getting my downpipe made up.

so now i need me some slotted rotors and maybe MKIV wheels...