2JZ swap *BUILD THREAD*

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
if anybody can help, i ordered Eibach springs, and GR-2 rears. i am going to get the AGX for the front soon enough, but my concern is, would it be safe to use the Eibachs on the stock TEMS struts? just for a little bit, until i have enough for the front struts.

oh yeah, anybody got any tips on breaking in a new clutch and turbo. i've read something on SF but didn't help too much.

Last edited:

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
crazysupra2JZ said:
if anybody can help, i ordered Eibach springs, and GR-2 rears. i am going to get the AGX for the front soon enough, but my concern is, would it be safe to use the Eibachs on the stock TEMS struts? just for a little bit, until i have enough for the front struts.

oh yeah, anybody got any tips on breaking in a new clutch and turbo. i've read something on SF but didn't help too much.

I ran Eibach springs on stock tems shocks for several years on my 1jz Supra, it worked very well setting the tems on the high setting after removing the actuators. The ride was great for a daily driver.

Nice work on your project, by the way. It looks great! Should be a lot of fun :evil2:

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
so today while i was working on getting my springs in, a group of younger kids stopped by to see what i was doing. they wanted to see the engine and as soon as i opened the hood, they're eyes opened up wide and all of them were like, man look at that. one kid asked how fast it will go, he was like 200! i said around 150. so i am glad i made their day.

i got my NGK wideband in too, still need to wire that up, and i picked up a Bosch replacement O2 for the ecu to look at

as she sits now...
p647918_1.jpg

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
got my springs in, car looks freakin awesome, totally different. i love it
you probably can't tell, but before the front end was so freakin high, it looked like a 4X4

BEFORE
p648463_1.jpg

AFTER
p648463_2.jpg

p648463_3.jpg

p648463_4.jpg

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
i figured out my problem of not revving past 3k... kinda

i checked the IDL signal and it was getting 12 volts. so i was like what the hell, so i cut the wire. then i was like, ok i'm sorry, i'll fix you.
so i soldered the wire back together, and started the engine up. and now it revved way past 3k, problem is gone.

oh, and where do you suggest putting the O2 on the downpipe. it says between 10 and 2 o'clock. how many inches away from the turbo would be good. i figure about 6 or 5

i did have a nice video of my car revving, but somehow the loud exhaust made my camera take a crap and messed up the file. so all i have is the walkaround... i'll try to get a better video of it revving

Last edited:

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
well, these new springs suck...car is extremely bouncy...other than that.. i threw away my $400 digital video recorder and my $250 digital camera last night... i thought the bag they were in was trash... i am very pissed right now but happy cause i finally got my supra back on the street today!

does anyone know if the traction control TPS is the same as the other TPS ... mine is broken and i've tried using the TPS from TCCS(i think that's what it's called) but it reads 28% throttle.

Last edited:

JBatt87T

Apr 28, 2005
Athens, GA
Damn man that is nasty, youve brought this car a long way. Did you move out of the barracks? Anyways, the car is nasty and I think its time to go for a lil cruise whada ya say?

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
once i get my downpipe finished, and get it tuned... i got no problem taking you for a ride, i noticed the pools open again , you working out there again this year? i'm still in the dorms, freakin hate it

jmoneydtb

Old Skool Kool Enthusiast
Nov 6, 2006
mobile, al
i know this is somewhat a delayed respones but, as far as breaking in a clutch, i would at least put 300 miles on it before giving it full power, do a lot of stop and go as well. might want to put around 500 or more before trying to launch it or track it. as for the turbo, as far as i know there isnt really a break in. might not want to go full kill at first, for the sake of your drawers.

JBatt87T

Apr 28, 2005
Athens, GA
Sounds good. Where you working on it at? Nope Im working at The Red Tomato up in Bolingbroke. Where'd you get your piping done for your intercooler? I need to hook mine up soon, its just collecting dust in my room right now lol.

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
i just bought a kit from ebay. it had like 6 or 7 90 degree pipes with rolled edges, came with good silicone couplers instead of the crappy rubber ones, and T bolt clamps

a girl at work let me use her garage. i tore that place up...lol

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
BUILD COMPLETE

i got my exhaust done, the downpipe came out good, no leaks at all. i wish i could take a video of it, but i no longer have any camera..:(

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
anybody know what the tool is that makes the beaded edge around pipes. i bought intercooler pipes that have a beaded edge but a couple pipes i have on don't, which keep popping off.