2JZ swap *BUILD THREAD*

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
dont remove the sway bar unless you drag race the car only!
you will have an avantage on launch if you remove front rear sway bars drag only.

when you drive on the street your car will handle like crap and have insane roll.

use spacer or washers on your motormount see if you can get your whole engine to move up a little bit or get a smaller crank pully like an underdrive crank pully

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
if that sway bar is moving up and down near the crank pulley,it's your suspension that has a problem.the swaybar should only twist a little there,not move up and down.

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
You must not have a transmission on it yet, because the engine is tilted forward. The valve cover is above the lip on the firewall, that's how I can tell. Once you put the trans on and bolt it up the engine will tilt back and away from the swaybar. :wiggle:

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
really. you're right the tranny isn't connected yet. man you're awesome. i was so worrid i'd have to spend another $500 just to get a new crank pulley... i didn't even think about that. i don't have the flywheel bolts yet. or the clutch..waiting for 935...geese. but i got the flywheel bolts from driftmotion. should be here wed... i was wondering why i couldn't find any info of other people having this problem

some more progress

p552372_1.jpg

p552372_2.jpg

Last edited:

JBatt87T

Apr 28, 2005
Athens, GA
Good god man I didn't know you were doing this! I am uber excited for a ride now. If you need an extra hand let me know, I'd be glad to help!

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
all i need now is a power steering hose and get some oil lines for the turbo. and i need to figure out all the wiring. oh yeah, and figure a way out to make the brake booster work.

do you think the vacuum line that comes from the valve cover to the intake manifold ill work. it's right behind the throttle cable bracket????

p553311_1.jpg

Brewster

So it goes.
Apr 15, 2005
Morgantown, WV
bigaaron said:
You must not have a transmission on it yet, because the engine is tilted forward. The valve cover is above the lip on the firewall, that's how I can tell. Once you put the trans on and bolt it up the engine will tilt back and away from the swaybar. :wiggle:

holy interweb diagnosis batman!

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
ok...so new problem

i just got done making a new harness for the fuel injectors. i hooked them up the same way the 7m was. cause someone said in order to use the 550cc injectors instead of the 440's i have to use the resistor box. looking at a supra ecu there are 6 pins on the ecu. one for each injector. the 7m ecu only has three pins. the injectors are grouped together. here's a pic of how i did it. does anyone have an aristo ecu pin diagram??

sm_photo_missing.jpg

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
well, finally got my clutch. but i'm a little worried it might have to go back. here's a pic why. so far i'm not impressed with spec. i found 2 things i didn't like about their clutch kit. and i didn't get any paperwork with it too. i'd liked to have had documentation with it but oh well.

p587262_1.jpg

p587262_2.jpg

boostadikt

Freeway Foreplay
May 11, 2006
c-ville, Utah
^^^ ouch man, thats runnable and would not really give you any problems, but for buying something new i would want it to be perfect as well.

I am running that same clutch right now and honestly i have not been impressed... it has a lot of chatter and has some noise, so far it has held my power just fine, but its just not very smooth compared to other clutches. everyone that ive let drive my car has complained about the clutch as well.

in my personal opinion, send it back for the defect, get a refund and buy something else. I like the pulleys tho :)

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
boostadikt said:
^^^ ouch man, thats runnable and would not really give you any problems, but for buying something new i would want it to be perfect as well.

I am running that same clutch right now and honestly i have not been impressed... it has a lot of chatter and has some noise, so far it has held my power just fine, but its just not very smooth compared to other clutches. everyone that ive let drive my car has complained about the clutch as well.

in my personal opinion, send it back for the defect, get a refund and buy something else. I like the pulleys tho :)

well that sucks to hear. but i'll just use it for now and once i reach the threshold of the disc i'll just buy a better clutch disc. the pressure plate seems to be good. i only paid $475 for it because of all the hassle i've delt with through 935.

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
YAY more progress. I'm finally ready to put the engine in. and the guys at NAPA were kind enough to help me getting the pressure plate all setup.

p588423_1.jpg

p588423_2.jpg

p588423_3.jpg