ZANKOKU or KAIZEN

SUPRASTEVE

Supra Maniak
Jun 13, 2007
So Cal
Well the Supra's been sitting for almost a year now. I finally am able to safe up enough money to send the my 7m-gte 89 R154 Supra in to get some well needed work done. First off no one can really tell me whats wrong with it unless you look at it. So I talked to Jose at Kaizen motorsports, he seems like a great dude to work on my car. Something in my gut kinda steers me away. i was checking out ZANKOKU performance I noticed that there star Supra is a 7m-gte they rip it out and rebuild it every now and then. They seem pretty cool though I need to talk to the owner. Any have first hand experience at these shops. I really want my car to be fixed and taken care of by good hands. I know what you guys are thinking, learn to do it myself. Bottom line is I need this car for college and to get around. I will continue to learn more about the car as I have been doing. Right now I just need it to run and run well.

Thanks,

-Steve Z

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
This thread is going to get weird.

SoCal People going with Jose, and People who buy from Ace going with him.

Last edited:

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Jose rescued us at SILV... Randy had destroyed his radiator, and we couldn't find another one on a Sunday in Vegas. Jose called, he had one, we asked him to same-day air it to us. He says, "Well, Vegas isn't that far away... I'll throw it in the trunk and drive it out." And he did. Hand delivered directly to us at the hotel - AND he stuck around until we were done installing it to make sure we were ok.

Tough to beat that.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Never dealt with ace, but Kaizen I have, and jose is a stand up guy. Shipped me a DP from cali to TN for free, to help me get my 2jz project on the road.

A 4' long, 3" downpipe, from cali to TN...is not cheap.

HE also bundled all my 2jz stuff I got from DM together with my engine to make shipping cheaper.

Again I can't say anything about Ace, but Jose is one hell of a stand up guy.

YoungGunSupra

Sep 10, 2009
Walnut, California
Have you checked out Aaron from driftmotion? if your lookin at Jose from kaizen as in driving out here to SOCAL..then i'd also recommend giving Aaron a call. ive done all my work with him on my 7mgte so far. great knowledgeable guy

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
Both are great guys, you can't go wrong either way. Question is, which one is closer and cheaper on the distance to tow? lol

BOOSTEDSUPRA

THE DRIVELINE GUY
Jan 4, 2007
turlock, calif
i agree with the close part. i dont know jose, but heard good things. i have dealt with ace a little. great guy, and also willing to go the extra mile when givin the chance. you mentiond the part bout ace pulling the motor out every once in a while, thats not cause his work is sloppy, hes always upgrading, trying different products at his expence on his car b4 he offers us a potential shitty product. my friend had his car done there, and its a good job. not to mention he "drives" his car like a turbo is meant to be drivin, lol.

all said, location is going to have to decide if travel time is something your concerned about. me.. i go to where i feel comfortable, ace fits that category for me, and hes not what you would call close to me, 3 hours travel time. but worth it imo.

soapra

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
VVTi'n, CA
www.kaizenmotorsport.com
Hi,

I have talked to Steve over my space (i know) I didn't know he was that close to me or else I would drive up to his house and check it out before it gets towed to Any shop.

Steve if there is a time that is best for you to check out your car, please PM me I wouldn't mind looking at it. BTW the shop is in Orange.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Of the two choices mentioned, this comes to mind.
IJ.;1496052 said:
Kaizen /thread

there is NO comparison to be made.

I would also like to say that I've always received excellent help from Aaron @ driftmotion. I don't know where he is in comparisson to your house, but Aaron or Jose is my suggestion.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Picking the closest one to you is not a very logical way to pick someone to work on your car, but you do what you want.