You know you're a Supra owner when...

HEPSUPRA

Aug 24, 2011
Greenville, MI
Grandavi;1789264 said:
lol.. have you ever flashed the brights? (with the headlights down). They blink up and down quickly ...

We call that a "wink" because they don't go up and down at the same time, one side is a little quicker!! haha

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
...when people ask you what your interests are and you have to say "my car" for fear of going on a 20+ minute spiel about what it is and what's done to it...

Yblegal91t

it finally runs!
Apr 22, 2006
C1 outer
when the neighbors run out of their homes, complain, and have the town put a speed limit sign directly in front of your house

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
Yblegal91t;1790054 said:
when the neighbors run out of their homes, complain, and have the town put a speed limit sign directly in front of your house

ROFL... I had something like this happen to me years ago with another car I had.

The guy down the street complained that I was doing 60 past his house in a 25 zone and I was gonna hit his kids (who were teenage stoners that wandered across the road in front of cars). After the cop sat there waiting to catch me for weeks only to realize that I WASN'T really speeding through there, the township put a huge "SLOW CHILDREN PLAYING" sign right in the guy's front yard. "Slow children" indeed, lol.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
destrux;1790059 said:
ROFL... I had something like this happen to me years ago with another car I had.

The guy down the street complained that I was doing 60 past his house in a 25 zone and I was gonna hit his kids (who were teenage stoners that wandered across the road in front of cars). After the cop sat there waiting to catch me for weeks only to realize that I WASN'T really speeding through there, the township put a huge "SLOW CHILDREN PLAYING" sign right in the guy's front yard. "Slow children" indeed, lol.

I have those slow kids by my house too.. lol. But my neighbor on the corner comes out and yells slow down when I come down the alley (I am over 45... I think I have figured driving out.. lol) simply because I have the car in first gear and doing a bit of high revs ..

now.. to add to this...

when you go to fuel up and eveybody below the age of 20 circles your car... if Im lonely.. I can always go get gas for a long conversation.. hehe

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Yblegal91t;1790054 said:
Sounds like a good time to make a good stencil with a "1" on it. :evil2:

destrux;1790059 said:

I saw something similar on the back of an ice cream truck growing up. The arrangement of the words, if read from left to right, read like the following:

------SLOW
FOR---------CHILDREN

Is the ice cream truck "for slow children", or are we to "slow for children"??? I don't know, but I wonder about the kids in my neighborhood sometimes. Darwinism at it's best, right in front of my house, nearly daily! :p

Grandavi;1790085 said:
I have those slow kids by my house too.. lol. But my neighbor on the corner comes out and yells slow down when I come down the alley (I am over 45... I think I have figured driving out.. lol) simply because I have the car in first gear and doing a bit of high revs ..
I do this, simply so THEIR half retarded kids can hear, and hopefully look out for, ME. I remember when I was a kid (way back in the 80's!), cars made noise. They also didn't have good brakes. You learned quickly to stay out of the road, and look both ways before crossing. Seems kids have forgotten that lesson, were never taught it, or really want me to run them over. One of these days Timmy, one of these days, BANG! Zoom! Straight to the "get the hell out of the road you dumbass!" :nono:

suprashane;1790102 said:
when you have to disable your factory alarm because it goes of randomly
Try locking and unlocking your car from your passenger door. Things on the driver side get worn out, this may help for now. ;)

Miiike

May 2, 2010
Brampton
When you sold your latest Supra 5 months ago and don't have one currently, but still check the for sale forums and local listings for Supra stuff every day just to see what's there.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Mr Roundtree;1791424 said:
When someone says your mark3 isn't a real supra. I wanna knock their lights out
Funny, I've never heard that one... surprised you have with that setup. Friends must have some fast cars...

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
te72;1792092 said:
Funny, I've never heard that one... surprised you have with that setup. Friends must have some fast cars...

Not necessarily my friends, my cars one of the fastest of the peoples I hang out with but just random ignorant SOB's think they know it all. And sometimes its worse cuz I have 1jz cuz I always get "you shoulda just went with a 2jz" first off I bought it with the swap and second I'm gonna build it to smash thick headed skull :p

1986.5supra_kid

Rice? No its Corn (E85)
-when you spend 2.5 hours reading "you know your a supra owner when" and grin ear to ear the entire time

-when you get your paycheck and log on to eBay and spend it

-when you go to o Reilly auto parts and they still have your car in recent history
-when the o Reilly employees know what your gonna buy b4 you get it

1986.5supra_kid

Rice? No its Corn (E85)
-when you spend 2.5 hours reading "you know your a supra owner when" and grin ear to ear the entire time

-when you get your paycheck and log on to eBay and spend it

-when you go to o Reilly auto parts and they still have your car in recent history
-when the o Reilly employees know what your gonna buy b4 you get it

-when you have enough car parts in your room to construct the majority of the powertrain :)

-when you have more tools,lubricants,and fasteners in your trunk than there are on the entire car.