You know you're a Supra owner when...

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
LPC;1766172 said:
I would like to introduce my "supra rope". It was the replacement for my "supra stick" which broke, and was used for 2 months (give or take a several weeks) while waiting for my replacement struts to come from the states.

Unfortunately this is the last photo of the rope taken before it disappeared.
Hey, I like it! One less thing in your way when you're working on the car I figure. :)

shimafan02;1766187 said:
You see this and your the only one who laughs...

Ever seen "Better Home & Garden" magazine? I seem to remember their website was something like bhg.com...

LPC

May 20, 2010
Rose Bay - Sydney
te72;1766315 said:
Hey, I like it! One less thing in your way when you're working on the car I figure. :)

and there in lies the history behind the rope. As the strut worked on the left hand side (or passengers side ;)) my supra stick needed to be on the right hand side, which is where you are always working.

After using the rope for so long I was in a state of euphoria everytime I popped the hood & didnt have to pull the bonnet up like a one man powered draw bridge when the monroe bonnet struts were installed. Those things are seriously better than most people suspension.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Grandavi;1767038 said:
... when your wife allots you only 15 minutes per day for talking about "your baby".

Ouch! I think I'd be looking for a different wife. :p

Also, if you're on your 5th Supra in 6 years...

Bleakvoid

Wide-------------bodied
Oct 7, 2010
Fairfield, CA
...when you realize that even though you wrecked the hell out of it and it's been down for almost a year, and it *still* has a clean title.

Resilient little bastards, aren't they?

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
te72;1767081 said:
Ouch! I think I'd be looking for a different wife. :p

Also, if you're on your 5th Supra in 6 years...

My wife was gracious enough to keep quiet when I owned 5 MKIII's at once earlier this year and last.. lol. So.. she gets props for that.. :D

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Haha, fair enough Grandavi, if she can tolerate that kind of insanity, I'd say she's a keeper. :)

Might be a Supra owner if your girlfriend/wife is planning on getting her own once her current car is paid off and she has money available...

WetBoostedDreams

Supra Fanatic
Apr 4, 2007
Redmond, WA
...when you dream about your IS300 blowing a head gasket. Vivid dream complete with white smoke and steam coming out from under the hood and a pegged-out temp gauge.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
wetboosteddreams;1767488 said:
...when you dream about your IS300 blowing a head gasket. Vivid dream complete with white smoke and steam coming out from under the hood and a pegged-out temp gauge.

These cars have me paranoid of ALL cars blowing head gaskets and getting rods-a-knocking. :nono:

Greek

May 20, 2010
Ohio
...when you definitely don't have a rod knock, have absolutely no sounds coming from the motor that would lead you to believe there is a rod knock, but you still hear a fucking rod knock at that magic rpm range.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Mr Roundtree;1767980 said:
You know your a supra owner when you have the biggest love/hate relationship with your car
You know, DSM owners have that too. :p

Greek;1767908 said:
...when you definitely don't have a rod knock, have absolutely no sounds coming from the motor that would lead you to believe there is a rod knock, but you still hear a fucking rod knock at that magic rpm range.
Two years after the fact, every little exhaust leak or odd sound, makes me worry subconsciously...

You might be a Supra owner if you have more parts/wheels/tires than cars to put them on.

te72;1767470 said:
Haha, fair enough Grandavi, if she can tolerate that kind of insanity, I'd say she's a keeper. :)

Might be a Supra owner if your girlfriend/wife is planning on getting her own once her current car is paid off and she has money available...

LOL!! I've had mine about a week and she's driven it a handful of times and is asking if I could find another so she could have this one

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
FoxxxMKIII;1768595 said:
LOL!! I've had mine about a week and she's driven it a handful of times and is asking if I could find another so she could have this one
See, this is an example of a "good" girlfriend.

honestabe;1768571 said:
... When 2 of your friends aren't allowed to buy Supra's because their girlfriends don't want them to be like you and spend all their time/money working on the Supra.

... When your wife puts you on a budget for spending on your Supra

...and this is an example of both a mean-spirited girlfriend (your two friends), and a smart wife in your case. :p

HEPSUPRA

Aug 24, 2011
Greenville, MI
...your 8-year old son can recognize another Supra on the road and gets as excited as you do!

OR

...your 8 yr. old loves it when the lights pop up and you play with them b/c you think it's cool too!