You have to be kidding me

ryansmith

Mar 25, 2012
New Zealand
Emailed my local Toyota dealer five minutes ago

Hello I own a 1988 mk3 ma70 Toyota supra, rego GEP5, they come with a plastic front lip from factory and I was wondering if you can still get these?

Thanks,
Ryan

Hi Ryan

I am getting in touch in response to your question about a front spoiler for your MA70 Supra.

Unfortunately this would have to come out of Japan.

The recommended retail price for this is $1315.09 + gst

$1315.09 + gst????? :aigo:

ryansmith

Mar 25, 2012
New Zealand
OfnaRcR4;1846406 said:
Someone could make a lot of money making a cheap factory like replacement.. I know i'd buy at least two.

I know right, I've found one second hand one on ebay it's seen better days but its $1215 cheaper haha!
I would really like one but not for that price, no way

bhmsupra

Supramania Contributor
May 29, 2008
It's Not Important Bro
I have a nearly mint OEM off my 91 that i would be willing to part with. The car it came off of literally had 34k miles on it when it was pulled. PM me if you are interested. I even have the proper Toyota box to ship it in.

ryansmith

Mar 25, 2012
New Zealand
bhmsupra;1846408 said:
I have a nearly mint OEM off my 91 that i would be willing to part with. The car it came off of literally had 34k miles on it when it was pulled. PM me if you are interested. I even have the proper Toyota box to ship it in.

Pm'd

MNBmk3T

Aug 2, 2011
Burnaby, BC
I called a few months ago about my 89 front lip and they quoted me $600 + shipping from Cali up to Vancouver, BC. The entire font bumper is cheaper than the lip alone ($550).

mytmk3

Oct 16, 2007
christchurch
toyota nz shops all have different prices mate for example

mk4 4 pot calipers, rotors, fitting kit and pads $1200NZD new from wellington

miles in christchurch

mk4 4 pot calipers $1900nzd EACH! and they dont sell the rotors as they are too expensive!

ring around r@b in wellington north shore toyota auck seem to be ok or I can ask someone I know in timaru who works at toyota is always putting his hand up to help the chch supra club with prices but being ex jap there is probly not too much room to move if you can having the part numbers to make sure they get the correct part helps too

ryansmith

Mar 25, 2012
New Zealand
mytmk3;1846510 said:
toyota nz shops all have different prices mate for example

mk4 4 pot calipers, rotors, fitting kit and pads $1200NZD new from wellington

miles in christchurch

mk4 4 pot calipers $1900nzd EACH! and they dont sell the rotors as they are too expensive!

ring around r@b in wellington north shore toyota auck seem to be ok or I can ask someone I know in timaru who works at toyota is always putting his hand up to help the chch supra club with prices but being ex jap there is probly not too much room to move if you can having the part numbers to make sure they get the correct part helps too

Very good point, I will definitely try this as you have proof above, cheers