You guys win -_- (BorHor's 240sx Vert)

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
It looks like paint. I have to tell people it is vinyl and they still think I am lying until I show them the overlaid sections. 90% of my car is seamless so it is really hard to tell.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Hmm, how many rolls would it take for a MKIII, and how wide of a roll would I need. It looks like it would be a good alternative, because I dont have enough for a good paintjob right now.

What is the prep like?

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
I used about 3/4 of a roll and have no top and did not wrap the aero so I think you will need 1 1/2 - 2 rolls. I will get the exact dementions on the roll I used tomorrow. As for prep make sure the body is clean. I head waxing makes it easier to remove later on. Take your time as well. Apply to a section of body then add heat to parts that need to be stretched. It is kinda hard to explain how to do it so I would say practice and try different techniques to get the cleanest wrap. Also there is special vinyl that is meant to be warped on to cars but that can run a few hundred a roll. What I use on my car was just the regular semi cheap stuff that we use on all the stickers we make and it came out pretty good. If we ever wrap a section again I will try and get pictures that will show how to do this and maybe write a diy.

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
I hit the street every time I leave my drive way at my home and at work so I just don't bother making it straight any more.

foreverpsycotic you will need about 2x150 feet. which one full basic roll.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Any chance you can do me a couple of favors? Can you take a close up picture of the seams in the vinly, and could you do a short writeup on how to do it? Is it neccessary to remove the bumpers/fenders and whatnot?

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
You want a close up on the over lapping seams? As for removing parts, we did with all of it still on the car. We just tucked left overs under gaps. I will try and make some sort of write up.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Wow, that didn't take long. 2jz......

Tell me what i would have to do to get these bad boys on my supra!!!

18x9 +32 18x11 +7

http://pandagarage.com/wheels page/June08/SSR A-dish.htm

CIMG1417.JPG

CIMG1418.JPG

CIMG1420.JPG

Last edited:

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
BorHor;1203780 said:
^ For the rear stretch tire + crazy fender pull or over fenders. Fronts will fit too easy.

Someone Photo Shop them on my car! LOL J/K I do wonder what they would look like though.

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
It will look kinda lame because the rear is really aggressive and the front will have a stock fitment. so to make it look good a fat spacer will be needed in front.

zambini

Jan 16, 2008
Detroit, MI
yeah those wheels look like they were made to fit something that was widebodied or at least flared in the rear. they would be sick if they fit up with spacers though!