You couldn't pay me a million dollors to do this once! EVER!

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
1760-1600=160ft
this is why i said 160 in my earlier post.
most riggers make about 30$/hr and most electronics techs make 30-40$/ hr so id guess reasonably that this is a 150k/yr job

Setheroo

^_^ got horespower?
Oct 16, 2006
Tennessee
www.revogate.com
I knew a guy that worked on towers for a living.. and some of his jobs paid over $200 an hour - and quite honestly, I think the whole idea of doing that kind of work is a little intriguing - so yeah, I would definitely consider it!

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Supracentral;1617958 said:
Movie crap notwithstanding, transferring someone by cable from a helicopter is a very dangerous move. Anyone who has sat at the controls of a fling wing (I have) will tell you, holding position is not as easy as it looks. It's a workout. Anytime you make a directional change on the collective, you get lift. You wouldn't believe how hard it is. You've also got to deal with static charge from the rotor blades. It's just plain old dangerous and unsafe.

(And yes, I'm terrified of heights, but flying doesn't phase me in the least, not even in a biplane.)

I went up in a biplane on Saturday. It was damn cool! The coolest part, in my opinion, was the fact that we were landing in a mowed field which is in the middle of a forest. On our descent, the tree tops were wicked close to the plane, which made it even cooler! (two of the others present were shitting themselves, and my girlfriend was just as intrigued as me. :))

IwantMKIII;1618816 said:
video has been removed
And this. :(

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
I'd freeclimb that for a couple of grand. Smart decisions will get you up and down intact. Haste and indecision will be your undoing.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Flateric;1619752 said:
New link.

I want to ride in a bi-plane one day, sooooo jealous dude. Any pics?

I took a few w/ my cell phone. I'll upload them. My girlfriend's friend took some with her camera, I'll post them when I get my grubby paws on 'em.

bmoss85

Permanently Banned Scammer
Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
Its having that 30lb pund tool bag hanging off of you and the wind that would make it the scariest. I'm honesty afraid of heights but I do enjoy rock climbing weird I know. But when I'm climbing I'm only thinking about the climb itself not the height. It freaks me out looking out over the edge from the top. I think I could climb that tower, but the climb down would be difficult.