Yay, Another speeding ticket.

Mark3Supraholic

Zero State
Mar 31, 2005
California
Good point Grim.. But just looking over the politics, I start getting dizzy. Special Interest groups, officer associations endorsing red light cameras and lower speed limit bills, etc. Oyi..... Maybe I should run for a local office? Sometimes, since it is a revenue generator, the politicians and officers who know this go hand in hand to pass bills to lower speed limits, so it makes it easier to "enforce" this law to generate maximum cha-ching.

MKIIINA, I may not know any better, since I drive a Neon:biglaugh:. I can't drive the Supra since I'm trying hard to restore it. The other moving violation I am fighting was fairly minor. I don't know about Dallas, but in California (Land of Fruits Nuts and Flakes) LA County, you get to take traffic school to prevent a point on your record, and must drive for 18 months moving violation free to qualify for another chance at traffic school automatically. If you can handle that, hats off to you. I do have a point on my record (When I missed the court date) and track days are expensive and rare for me. So it's, again, I'm a calculated risk kind of guy, and I played the odds, and I came up on the busted end. I can count plenty of times where I came up safe (meaning avoided getting pulled over). I just have to deal with it now. A nuisance at worst, a victory at best the way I see it. Besides, the Sheriff who ticketed me last time was way way worse than this one.... But they're people too, regardless of how big of an ego they get, or how big of a power trip they go on. As enforcer's of the law, they are not perfect, but maybe, neither is the law. Depending on how often opinion shifts, but I feel I am in the minority here. Meh, this time next year, it'll be in the past. I can't wait for 2009! *sigh*.... Crap, I need to finish my Lab homework.

Jervis Mcstabby

Puddin Pops!
Jun 21, 2006
Where Indeed, CA
www.myspace.com
OfnaRcR4;902489 said:
WHAT THE FUCK??? Where are these supercharged cruisers at?
Before I got the Supra, I checked out a lot of other cars up here (including older decommissioned Vic Interceptors), Most of the ones I checked out were blown, but even if that wasn't the case, this mountain would need a lot more turns than straightaways for an I4 neon to outrun a V8 Vic. Also, Vics are nearer to 4000lbs (Sounds pretty close to another mobile tank I know of :sarcasm:)

iwannadie said:
Plus they have this new thing called a "radio". You make a run down a canyon road with no turn off or side road to hide off on. The cop follows the same road while his buddies wait at the end.
Pfft, that wouldn't matter, he knows he would beat that one too!:biglaugh:

Mark3Supraholic

Zero State
Mar 31, 2005
California
What's with the sarcasm? I KNOW I could outrun radio waves in a Neon :evil2:. Which is another reason why I stopped, cause if he had a buddy at the bottom, I'd be fucked anyway. So what's the point? He didn't, but again, I ran the calculated risk, and decided against trying it.

But the road I ran is very twisty. Very few straightaways. In fact there are only 2, and they're both right after each other at the bottom. All the other straight portions (not esses mind you) aren't very long.

Each municipality chooses their own fleet of vehicles. There are some Camaro enforcers around California, along with the new V6 and V8 Charger enforcers. However, I don't know where "up here" is for you. And your local decommissioned fleet might have SC's on them because your local municipality determined it needed them. But they did not come from the Ford factory like that. However, "down here" in fruity California, I believe most Vics are basic Interceptors. Nothing special except the stuff it came with from the factory. It wouldn't be fair to generalize that ALL Crown Vic Interceptors are Supercharged just because you have seen some, now would it? I can do an eBay search and not come up with one Supercharged Interceptor. Even without a Supercharger, the weight is a huge disadvantage on this road.
So you say a Crown Vic weighs about 4000lbs. Okay, but what about all that heavy police equipment they stuff in there? That doesn't exactly weigh nothing. Say it only weighs 100lb, and the driver is about 200lb. That's 4300lbs. The Neon, also with a 200lb driver, is a bit under 2800lb. Thats still about 65% of the Crown Vic, or about 2/3 the weight.

I am confident about how fast my crappy little Neon can go on that particular road. To the point where, yes, I believe I can beat a P71 downhill. My basis for this is experience with the road, and other cars I have encountered there (including a Supercharged Mustang, which is similar in power train to a Crown Vic). I don't negotiate it the fastest, but I am not slow up there either. So what is your basis for believing that I cannot accomplish this? A lot of decommissioned Supercharged Crown Vics whose very existence is highly questionable? I don't think you're necessarily wrong, but I don't think I am either. I think this emoticon is appropriate for this argument:
::fundy:::biglaugh: fun fun fun......

JASONA70

nomnomnom
Oct 27, 2006
socal
i just got a speeding ticket today :cry: i went 60 in a 40 zone.. for the socal guys i was going on sierra madre/ huntington the area that seems like their are no cars and looks like a highway. anyone know what happens? i went 20 over the speedlimit, it sounds pretty serious. its my first offense.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Sheriff cars around here are just run of the mill Vics motor wise, bigger brakes and stiffer suspension. All the equipment weighs maybe 20-30 pounds dude. The V6 Charger cars are much faster, fyi.

OfnaRcR4

Shea!
Oct 2, 2006
kettering ohio
Jervis Mcstabby;903530 said:
Before I got the Supra, I checked out a lot of other cars up here (including older decommissioned Vic Interceptors), Most of the ones I checked out were blown

Uhhhhh. Hmmm. Pics? Proof?

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
I wish our cop cars were slow...

The local po po have XR6 utes (trucks), and there are also a few Monaros and TRD Aurions floating about....

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
Here in Memphis they have hemi powered big brake upgraded Chargers. They top out around 140mph with the light bar and spotlights. Running would be foolish. Unless you have a SRT4 he would have caught you easy.

Jervis Mcstabby

Puddin Pops!
Jun 21, 2006
Where Indeed, CA
www.myspace.com
Mark3Supraholic;903619 said:
What's with the sarcasm?
MkIIIs are chunky. Also I never said they were factory charged, that was RazoE making a joke.:icon_razz

Mark3Supraholic;903619 said:
But the road I ran is very twisty. Very few straightaways.
Ok, now the road meets the first post prereq. I believe you. Yeah, up here is the Sacramento-Auburn area. The cars I checked out were both ex-undercovers or ex-sheriff vehicles (they may have passed a bill prohibiting them, I figure) There's an Auburn highway (49) where you could easily lose a cop car.

OfnaRcR4;904464 said:
Uhhhhh. Hmmm. Pics? Proof?
Uhhhhh. Hmmm. That was 4 years ago? What kind of lame jackass keeps pics and info on cars they don't intend to buy?:nono:

Darkcyde

Workin' Man
Mar 30, 2005
La Villa Strangiato
Some of the sheriff dept. crown vics around here are sporting a 5.4 and the state boys are starting to use hemi magnums. Back in the day the WI state patrol used IROC Zs as chase cars.

Mark3Supraholic

Zero State
Mar 31, 2005
California
JASONA70;904022 said:
i just got a speeding ticket today :cry: i went 60 in a 40 zone.. for the socal guys i was going on sierra madre/ huntington the area that seems like their are no cars and looks like a highway. anyone know what happens? i went 20 over the speedlimit, it sounds pretty serious. its my first offense.

Sierra Madre.. Up near the 210? Around Glendora? Mine is an alleged 50 in a 30 in Whitter, Turnbull Canyon Road. Los Angeles County automatically gives you a 60 day extension that you can do online at lasuperiorcourt.org. There is an online guide somewhere (I can't find it right now) that can show you what you can do if you want to fight your ticket. If you are eligible and decide to attend traffic school, most LA county municipalities allow the use of online schools. Note that if you were nabbed under the Basic Speed Law, you will have to prove that the alleged speed was appropriate for the conditions. Sometimes just going to court to the arraignment in person can get your penalty reduced. I always try to fight tickets because of my predisposition towards them. You know, being about the moolah and not the prevention of death?

Jervis Mcstabby;904861 said:
MkIIIs are chunky. Also I never said they were factory charged, that was RazoE making a joke.:icon_razz:

Ahhh... everything suddenly becomes clear! :biglaugh:. You live up near Sacramento? Hmm. My uncle lives up there in Vacaville. I haven't seen him in YEARS though.. I was supposed to see him last year but I had finals during the week my family went up north to visit :3d_frown:...