Xzeror's Clean 86.5 Progress

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
My friend emad swaps 2JZ-GE's into supras using 7MGTE harnesses and electronics, including ECUs...

also, BIC sells JZ conversion mounts for pre 90 cars, so that'll be easier..

and one last thing to remember, if you swap in that W58, it won't be a direct fit, as you'll need a MKIII W58, and not only that but the tranny mount is different and you'll need the front half of the drive-shaft as well..

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
all the posts ive been reading have been done with the 7mgte harness and electronics and ecu. Can it be done with 7mge harness and electionics/ecu? and Yeaa... ive been looking at BICs website at those mounts too :]. First im going to check the engine out this weekend and ill go from there.

etikoner

Likes lurking.
Sep 12, 2010
Miami Beach, Fl.
I wondered if you had sold this car.
Build looks good, I commend you on not losing your head on the over heating and other little things, haha.
I'm not big on pre-89' Supra's, but I just love your interior and the paint looks great, too.

I suggest different rims and some coil overs in the future :p
and good luck with that swap! (y)

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
Well i havent updated but im in the process of picking up a built 7m, or an mk1 with a 7mgte and r154. Both are around the same price not sure what im gonna do, i like that the built 7m has a mhg and forged internals, and the thing i like about the mk1 is it has an extra good shifting r154, but i think for the price of a headgasket job i could pick up a good tranny. So right now its Built 7m > Mk1 with 7mgte And i believe im close to getting my mkiv tt rims :]..

Edit: built 7m doesnt come with intake nor exhaust manifold nor harnesses. So i would have to pick all that up as well.

ps: what color mkiv rims would go good with my car o.0? I was thinking maybe a gunmetal or black? suggestions :]?

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

etikoner;1654729 said:
I wondered if you had sold this car.
Build looks good, I commend you on not losing your head on the over heating and other little things, haha.
I'm not big on pre-89' Supra's, but I just love your interior and the paint looks great, too.

I suggest different rims and some coil overs in the future :p
and good luck with that swap! (y)

I bought post 89 tail lights and have a complete 89+ molding i just cleaned them, going to sand them and paint them black. :] just been lazy

FullNelson

Sep 17, 2007
Coastal Georgia
It really is. It should have been in a museum. Made me think twice if you were fucking with me on account of you repainting the car brown and not knowing/idolizing hamsmk3.

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
hmm... was wondering if anyone could photo shop my car with mkiv tt rims with them as gunmetal, black, and bronze. Plz and ty :]

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
Still not sure as to what route to take for my engine... I have a local with a complete 7mgte + r154 with ecu, harness, intercooler and everything i would need to swap for $1,500.
The only thing with the 7mgte is im scared im going to have to replace the head gasket in the future so add another $500... And it would be stock for a while. Im not too keen on blowing that much to have a stock 7m, with stock headgasket...

The other options i have been looking at is 2jzgte but thats a lot of money that i dont have...

So thats where the 2jzge-T would be a better option it would prob be same price as the 7mgte swap.. But i would have to source out a turbo harness and ecu, injectors and the other little things that need to be swapped over...only thing thats holding me back..... and i would also have to spend a few hundred on the bellhousing and flywheel, and what ever turbo i decide to get...

The reason why the 7mgte + r154 would be nice is becuase i would have everything and another tranny. My transmission's 2nd gear is being a bit difficult to down shift into i believe the syncro is dying, so some time soon i will need a rebuild... I would like to budget around 1,500-2,000 max.

Any suggestions :/?

Also my 7mge is sucking up coolant, i have to refill after a few days... Should i try to sell as is, or put in the money to repair and then try to sell?

SupraTurbo_MK3

Jan 6, 2011
Amherst Ohio
That car is super clean I would def keep it!!........Since money is a deciding factor in your decision I think you should just go with a JDM 7MGTE and a R154 trans. The whole swap should cost around $2000 and if you keep it close to stock (stock turbo, fuel system, and 10psi or under) the factory HG should hold up long enough for you to save up for a new HG.....If you have a decent amount of wrench time the HG is really not that hard to replace I have done one on my old supra myself....Just make sure you have someone help who has done it before to help guide you along the way.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
You can find a high mileage 2JZ-GE in a junk yard. Get the rear sump, flywheel and bellhousing and a turbo kit. You can do it for about 3,000. eBay intercooler and piping kit. Call DriftMotion and get their GE-T kit since it is worth it and use the stock electronics from the 7MGTE.

It would be reliable and just replace the coolant hoses which the engine is out.

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
local here who just recently put up a 100k 2jzge with everything (tranny, ecu, harness, accessories) $800 still in car and running. Prob try to get him down to $500 without ecu, tranny or harness.

...But he has not returned calls or texts..

Last edited:

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
I wouldn't pay $1500 for a stock 7M, unless it had solid gold valve covers. Hell, I don't think I'd pay anymore than the price of scrap for a 7M of any sort unless it was built by RCTS, Titan, IJ, or select few other members and companies well known here on SM. Honestly, I'd laugh at the guy and offer him $800, tops, mostly for the trans and wiring (assuming it's in good shape). For $1500 you could buy a whole car worth of original stock parts that will break! Sure, maybe it's rebuilt and it has 1500 bucks in parts in it... but how do you know what kind of work was done in it? You're better off with a freebie block and head and make your own mess instead of paying out the nose for someone else's disaster.

If you need the ECU and harnesses for the swap... there's tons of partouts all the time on here, that's alot less $$$ than buying that guy's overpriced crap.

You can buy BHG'd 7Ms for nickles or cases of beer, why pay money for something that is likely to blow up. Buy a blown 7M and build it yourself... that way, when it does BHG, you've no one to blame but yourself. Hell, I've seen people beg to have 7M's hauled out of their garages. I know a guy who proliferated a head of a half decent 7M block in an alley because the owner didn't care enough. Heck, I think that head is in my garage now.

Sad to say, but original and stock 7M's are more often than not scrap material in the making. It's wonderful to see an original 7M with high milage and a strong headgasket... but those are rare. So, if you want to stay 7M, find a free or dirt cheap BHG block and build that up with some stock components. And JDM 7M-GTE's are like a box of chocolates... well, chocolate milkshake, potentially... you don't know what you're gonna get. Most importers have some sort of clause that the engine has to be installed within 30 days by a licensed mechanic or they won't warranty anything. Their loophole against shade-tree mechanics (like me), I suppose. My JDM is surviving, probably on voodoo magic and hopes and dreams; I won't be surprised at all the day the headgasket finally goes.

Or save yourself the headache and go 2JZ-GE. Just remember that buying used parts is a guessing game until all the cards are on the table.

Last edited:

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
taken with crappy phone.. Just need some wheel spacers and ill be set :D
p1683056_1.jpg

p1683056_2.jpg

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
Tonight while driving home i noticed my temps spiking up... i then pulled over to the nearest parking lot and hear a hissing sound and i see coolant all over the bottom of the exhaust manifold and on the motor mount and basically everything under the manifold..

Looks to be like a leaking freeze plug... Filled it with water and notice a small constant stream from the freeze plug. Managed to limp the car home.