Xzeror's Clean 86.5 Progress

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
Freeze plug problem has been fixed. The car did not start for me, but i fixed that :D. Everything is all good. Just gave the supra a bath. ;)

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
So after many months of having 89+ molding, they were finally sanded, had the rubber pieces reglued, and had them painted black. I also took the time to install the 89+ tail lights as well as paint the molding black too.

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
was gonna get some after i washed the car lol... one sec ill get one up of how the back molding came out.

Before:
p1706273_1.jpg

After:
p1706273_2.jpg

Last edited:

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
This one set took forever... i was planning on fixing the other set to sell but it will prob not be worth it to sell for all the time i had to spend on them.

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
p1725232_1.jpg

Met up with a few friends...Car hasnt been washed in months, looks clean tho ;o

what do you guys think of the black molding and rims?

Last edited:

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
I have decided that i will be going the 2jzgte route now that i have a decent paying job. Hopefully by the end of summer i can begin or be close to finishing this project. As of right now i have 1/3rd of the ~money needed~. As the car sits it still has the 7mge that is losing coolant, i will prob just re-do the head gasket if its going to take a while to get my 2j. Look forward to some updates soon. :D

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
raced my buddy's sc400 with a stock 1jzgte and auto tranny (the white one in post #127) from a dig. I launched harder than him and started off with about 1 car length ahead and i managed to maintain that 1 car length until i red lined 4th gear and let off. He had a passenger and i was the only one in my car. Tbh i was expecting him to rape me, but the 7mge surprised me :D.

My mods: intake, exhaust, r154, 3.9 gears, 7mge with approx 100k, mkiv tt w/275s

Sc400: Intake, some really wide rear wheels (275s looking very stretched), auto tranny - with a passenger.

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
Update: Fixed the little spots of rust that my car had, looks perfect now. I even Got my hands on a KevinM Sunshade and it should be arriving sometime next week :D, i also have been trying to get a spoiler either whale tail or stock 3 piece but its not that important at the moment.

As of now i have $5,000 saved up and im getting ready to drop the hammer and buy my 2jzgte soon, i think im going to leave it with the twins, as i really want to get coils and some wheels.

Do you guys think i should keep my pre 89 bumper or upgrade to a post 89? I already have the tail lights and molding, and ill possibly get a 3 piece or whaletail. Lmk what you think :] I like both bumpers, and if i could find a brown post 89 id be all over it but i dont think 89+ came in my color, so i would have to put out money to have it painted as well...

A litte side note, my driver window seems to get stuck if i put it all the way down using the button that u just touch once and it goes down by itself, it has gotten stuck 3 times and each time has been when the switch was set to auto down.

My steering has been a little off, it has a decent amount of play and can get scary at high speeds i need to fix this if i plan on going faster :/ and my a/c stopped blowing out of no where... it was perfectly fine and blowing cold but now nothing. My compressor was rebuilt so im thinking its probably the blower motor.

nizy_93

Mar 8, 2010
Miami, Florida, United States
Nice progress bro ;)
I think you should go with the 89+ bumper. It'd definitely complete the look.
Other than that, I don't know whats wrong with that SC. Maybe a better driver wouldve done differently?? lol
But.... that white SC DOES pull a little "off" :p
7M POWER!!! (Until upgrade)

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
yeahh i know i need the 89+ bumper >_<. Ill rock mine for now. A few updates i ended up buying a rear sump 2jzgte from a jdm supra. It will come with the 6 speed harness and ecu w/ ignitor. I have hks cam gears and belt, along with usdm twins to go with it. Should be here some time next week :D. I also picked up some evo 8 calipers for the my rear bbk, got them for a steal couldnt pass them up. Pics of engine when it comes in will be posted. The one thing about the engine im iffy about is that it that charge piping is powder coated purple i have another oem set so ill see if it grows on me. :D

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hpho...435512239_1143997667_3024208_1906178263_n.jpg

Edit: Im pretty excited, now that i am actually making progress towards the swap. Cant wait for my first feel of boost. :evil2:

And for those that arnt sure, thats my boy Nizy with the light blue mk3, his car has also gone through a big transformation and is a very clean 89 mk3 that will soon have a 1jz :p.

Getting that jz crew started.

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
^ How did you do that? Ty though. :D

Moar updates: Installed my new oem toyota tail light gaskets, gave my lights a nice cleaning, and i picked up a set of 05 sti brembo calipers with 19.80mm/20mm left for a steallll. Going to get the bore to 60.1 and then just order some brake pads and i should be good to go with my "rear bbk" for under $250, prob less than 200 if i got some cheap pads but w.e.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
xzeror;1771896 said:
^ How did you do that? Ty though. :D

Moar updates: Installed my new oem toyota tail light gaskets, gave my lights a nice cleaning, and i picked up a set of 05 sti brembo calipers with 19.80mm/20mm left for a steallll. Going to get the bore to 60.1 and then just order some brake pads and i should be good to go with my "rear bbk" for under $250, prob less than 200 if i got some cheap pads but w.e.

Don't buy cheap pads. They like to sing.

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
So my 2jz is finally under my possession and is safe in storage :D

p1772700_1.jpg

^ Actual pictures of my engine

Also got my box of goodies which included the 6 speed ecu and harness, vsv's, and ignitor.

Still gathering the last bit of parts.

Important things still needed for swap:

Pre 89 jz swap motor mounts
Jz Bellhousing
Jz Flywheel
Fuel Pump
Clutch
Intercooler

Let me know what you guys think so far :)