Xsjado's JZGA70 - GTK 550 powered.

xsjado

Engine bling!
Jul 15, 2007
Melbourne
Bored today so I figured I might as well post one of these threads :).

1988 GA70 with 1jz-gte conversion

Bad quality photo before it was lowered.
p969146_1.jpg

Stuff that makes it go:
1jz-gte with ~100,000k's on it
Custom Turbonetics GT-K 550(T4, .81ar, 3" vband)
Drewgo Manifold
TiAL 44mm vband wastegate
TiAL 50mm Q bov
3" custom Dump Pipe pipe into 3" metal cat and out a 3" catback, all stainless and shiny looking
2jz 440cc injectors
Walbro fuel pump
600x300x76 Cooling Pro front mount
3" Aluminum IC piping
Titan Cam gears
Aeromotive FPR
PHR Turbo Blanket
PHR 2jz uppder radiator pipe
PHR Vacuum Plenum.

Driveline/Suspension
R154
Exedy heavy duty clutch
4.56 LSD (3.7 LSD going in soon)
Koni yellow shocks /w king springs
Whiteline swaybars
Some 18x8 wheels, unsure on make...

Interior/Electronics
Apexi SAFC-II
Apexi AVC-R
AEM Uego Wideband
JZA70R Steering wheel
Seats re trimmed in Black leatherette.
Some pioneer head unit that plays cd's
6 1/2" speakers front and back

Future plans are, 206 Black with ruby red pearl, have all the Bomex stuff molded, and if funds allow a built 2jz bottom end and gt4088r.

Thats about all I can think of right now, time to bored you with the story of my car :D

Fell in love with Supra's while playing GT1, loved the A70 back then because it was a cheap car and won me lots of races, and the A80 because it could hit 400km/h+ on the test track :D. Over the years I dreamed of owning my own. After getting my P's and driving around in a VN wagon I decided to go on a mystical quest to find my very own Supra.

Was at an import lot on day looking at any black manual A70's. All of the ones there were non turbo and had faded and cracked paint. Decided that I didn't want something that would need a respray within a few weeks, was about to call off my search for one. Walking out of the yard I noticed another one, white, 5 speed and 100% stock. Took it for a test drive and loved it. Two weeks later I was driving it home!

My car in its new home, sadly I don't have any pictures of when I first got it, but this is how it looks now.
p969146_2.jpg

Over the next few months I did the basic kind of stuff, got a head deck that could play cd's, some decent 18" wheels and new suspension. Car felt like it it was on rails. Car was a dream to drive now and I couldn't be happier. Then some time in June, my good friend rod knock decided to turn up on the way to work. Was good and bad because I always wanted to get rid of the little 1G(didn't deserve any pictures:D) but at the same time I wasn't expecting to do an engine swap so soon.

3 weeks later my donor car arrived, JZA70 that lost a fight with a telephone pole. Over the next 3 months the engine swap slowly took place, thanks to hopeless mechanics. During the time my car was off the road I picked up a few goodies.

600x300x76 front mount.
p969146_3.jpg

3" metal cat from group buy.
p969146_4.jpg

Titan Cam gears from another group buy.
p969146_5.jpg

Finally got my car back some time in September, they didn't do thing how I had asked and for a few months this is what she looked like. As you can see the genius mechanics made the intake pipe foul on the strut tower...
p969146_6.jpg

Got some new seat covers made up, thanks Wolfie for setting up the group buy and Max for taking 4 months to make a gear and handbrake cover... These are my sexy front seats waiting to be put in.
p969146_7.jpg

For a few months nothing else really happened, just enjoyed driving the car, after the new year I decided to start spending more money on it and bling up the engine bay a little bit.

Last edited:

xsjado

Engine bling!
Jul 15, 2007
Melbourne
Stage one of bling:D, red radiator hoses, strut and some new silicone couplers.
p969148_1.jpg

Then I made quite possibly the stupidest mistake ever, took my car back to the same mechanic because my friend assured me that my car would get looked after there... Plan was to get new dumps fitted and get the SAFC-II tuned. HAH! good one. Got a phone call from them the night I was supposed to pick up the car, "Umm your bottom end just gave way". Long story short, it wasn't a bottom end, more like a blown turbo.

New dumps waiting to go on.
p969148_2.jpg

As you can see, they needed replacing.
p969148_3.jpg

Notice something missing?
p969148_4.jpg

Just incase you missed it :)
p969148_5.jpg

Made 218rwkw on fubar turbos!
p969148_6.jpg

Finally picked up my car last Thursday, took them 6 days to change over a set of turbos... Replaced them with CT12A's from an engine with ~90000k's on it. The car is so much more responsive now! Feels a lot better to drive, although I have noticed a slight engine rattle... only heard it a few times now but it is enough to have my cry like a baby when I hear it...

Some overnight parts from Japan...
p969148_7.jpg

p969148_8.jpg

p969148_9.jpg

p969148_10.jpg

Bomex sides, rears and turbo a duct from Shine Auto. Amazing quilty, buy there stuff now!
p969148_11.jpg

And this is how my car looks today, exterior looks the same... Stage two of bling :).
p969148_12.jpg

p969148_13.jpg

Thats just about it, sorry for all the pictures :).

jdmk3_87t

Take it!
Apr 29, 2005
SoCaL
omg...you australian guys are just amazing! hks_trd, hybrid and you are pretty much ballin' with these rare jz supras...keeep up the goood work...this is by far the 3rd owner from australia that i've seen on this forum with another rare supra!

xsjado

Engine bling!
Jul 15, 2007
Melbourne
Thanks for the comments guys, I wish it was a genuine JZA70, but I'll settle for a GA70 with conversion, there quite common here :D.

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
I'm in love with your seats.... and thats the same color combo I wanted go ( Black and Red ). I was going to do it down to the detail, Black rims, red lip, Sony Xplodes ( Black and Red ), black and red engine bay...

xsjado

Engine bling!
Jul 15, 2007
Melbourne
Yeah has king springs now, I want to lower it a little bit more, but with the new front lip it will be about 5mm above legal limit. Although with my current exhaust I doubt that it really matters :).

SupraOfDoom;969222 said:
I'm in love with your seats.... and thats the same color combo I wanted go ( Black and Red ). I was going to do it down to the detail, Black rims, red lip, Sony Xplodes ( Black and Red ), black and red engine bay...

Can't get enough of the Black and Red, just need to do the rest of the interior because it is all Maroon. I'd would like to go some Black wheels with polished lip, but I will probably end up with Work Equips :D.

xsjado

Engine bling!
Jul 15, 2007
Melbourne
Hybrid;969235 said:
haha welcom aboard Xsjado, glad you made the move to a decent forum :).

You have the Tanabe strut brace I see!, I was eyeing on of them off on Yahoo! Japan, but not sure if they come in blue?

Haven't seen them in Blue yet, got mine off Yahoo! Japan too, cheap and the best strut brace I have ever seen.

RazoE;969231 said:
noticed it's a narrow body...

going to get a widebody kit afterward, or content with the current body?

Good spotting on the Narrow body :), I'll probably buy some Widebody front quarters and pump out the rears, I just want to see how it looks first when I get the skirts and pods mocked up.

xsjado

Engine bling!
Jul 15, 2007
Melbourne
Oh believe me I do... My wallet doesn't though. But engine comes first, once I get everything running and cleaned up, on to body work :D.

SupraOfDoom;969244 said:
How much did the seats set you back?

I got the Seats+Gear and Handbrake boot plus 3sqm extra material for $490 AUD. That included installation :D.