XS Power - mk3 supra 8.2 @ 174mph

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I'm not sensing the jzlove................:biglaugh:

Looks like Duane will have to save you guys since Nate is too busy racing his 1jz............:biglaugh:

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
The Reaper said:
oh I LOVE IT

for all those nay sayers. "oh you get what you pay for" "XS POWER is junk" ebay crap blah blah blah blah.

OH I LOVE IT!!!

Not that I have any problem with XS Power or ebay, but I seriously doubt any part on that engine is the same EXACT thing you would get shipped to you if you ordered it off of ebay. And a drag car like that only needs to stay together for a few 1/4 mile passes, not 100k miles or more.

Last edited:

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
bigaaron said:
Not that I have any problem with XS Power or ebay, but I seriously doubt any part on that engine is the same EXACT thing you would get shipped to you if you ordered it off of ebay.

QFT.

after buying one XS power part (v-band flanges)

i'll never buy one again.

fstlane88

Single time!!
Apr 5, 2005
South FL
bigaaron said:
Not that I have any problem with XS Power or ebay, but I seriously doubt any part on that engine is the same EXACT thing you would get shipped to you if you ordered it off of ebay. And a drag car like that only needs to stay together for a few 1/4 mile passes, not 100k miles or more.

What he said x10, there's a saying in the sanctioned drag racing world..."It only has to go 1320 feet." Not saying all drag cars are thrown together piles....no no no far from that the NMRA Hot Street Car I worked on was easily a $150K+ car and that's not considering the costs to race the car. But stuff really only does have to stay together to make it through an event at least. We usually could make it through a season on a bottom end, it would get torn apart every few races to try new parts, and throw new rings in it. But things like valve springs, converters, rear ends, tires, we usually threw new slicks in the back every race. And a don't forget about a oil pan and K-member when the driver puts the car on the bumper!!:eek:

That car is sick though, one of the coolest I've ever seen, even better since it's a MK3, pre-89 at that!! Looks like it has a 6 sec. chassis and body. What size tire is out back? Anything bigger than a 10.5W is cheating. ;)

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
It's nice to see a Mkiii going fast even if it's not 7m power.

Every time I see slow66's picture on his thread, I think "that is a badass car & I wonder when it's gonna be finished"?

How fast are you looking to run?

7m power I presume?

Looks great so far.

zurud

Apr 10, 2005
Evansville, IN
I am glad they're using mkiii chassis. There's only 1 mkiii chassis in NDRA. No love for 7m. Is 7m pretty bad that hardly any pros using it? Bore not big enough, stroke too long?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
zurud said:
I am glad they're using mkiii chassis. There's only 1 mkiii chassis in NDRA. No love for 7m. Is 7m pretty bad that hardly any pros using it? Bore not big enough, stroke too long?
Bingo!

Bore limits Valve size which limits ultimate HP potential.