XO2 Throttle Bodies???

rob21a48422

1JZ+Holset=Go Fast!!!
Sep 7, 2007
Port Huron, Michigan
www.myspace.com
I've searched around and suprisingly can't find anything about these on here. I noticed them on EBay a few weeks ago. They're throttle bodies from XO2 that claim to be direct fit for 1JZ, 2JZ, and 7M. They also claim to use the stock TPS and vacuum lines. They have them in 65mm, 70mm, 80mm, and 90mm. Has anyone tried one? Before everyone starts knocking XO2 remember that the Spearco replica intercooler Driftmotion sells and many people run is XO2 so they can't be that bad. Plus, I can't see too many ways a throttle body could break down or hurt an engine. They're not very expensive either at $125. If this has been talked about on here already please disregard. Here's a link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/80MM...249850757QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item270249850757

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
I would be interested in hearing if anybody has tried one myself. $125 is cheap for a bolt on if is in fact a bolt on.

gofastgeorge

Banned
Jan 24, 2008
Texas
Ch, Ch, Ch, Chinese........

"Oh, we make throttles cheap, cheap, cheap.
Sell to stupid americans for more money that we make in a month!
We no use high dalla shaft seals or bearings.
Silly americans don't know difference"

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
O good ole American George....lol

Well for once I do have to disagree. I have used quite a few of these and have yet to have a problem. They are not the cleanest aluminum to weld but seem to be working good. Not sure but I am assuming they are all coming from the same place since mine is basically identical.

BTW the TPS is not direct bolt on but is very simply modded to fit if you have the proper tools. Took about 30mins. No vacuum lines on the TB what so ever. And obviously they do not bolt right on!

And as I learned recently there is a way to screw everything up, even the most simplistic pieces!

But as usual it is Chinese made therefore there is always a risk! Plus it is ebay stuff.

But for the price you can't beat it since 6 months ago they were going for $300....

Heres mine mounted:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

HTH,
Seth

bountykilla0118

In Pursuit of 500rwhp
Jul 16, 2005
Atlanta GA
gofastgeorge;1068019 said:
Ch, Ch, Ch, Chinese........

"Oh, we make throttles cheap, cheap, cheap.
Sell to stupid americans for more money that we make in a month!
We no use high dalla shaft seals or bearings.
Silly americans don't know difference"

Don’t be ignorant, if I recall correctly we as America did the same thing during our economic development stages. Its business if you don’t want to support their companies … don’t buy from them.

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
wats the trick in getting the tps to work?

sethron71;1068038 said:
O good ole American George....lol

Well for once I do have to disagree. I have used quite a few of these and have yet to have a problem. They are not the cleanest aluminum to weld but seem to be working good. Not sure but I am assuming they are all coming from the same place since mine is basically identical.

BTW the TPS is not direct bolt on but is very simply modded to fit if you have the proper tools. Took about 30mins. No vacuum lines on the TB what so ever. And obviously they do not bolt right on!

And as I learned recently there is a way to screw everything up, even the most simplistic pieces!

But as usual it is Chinese made therefore there is always a risk! Plus it is ebay stuff.

But for the price you can't beat it since 6 months ago they were going for $300....

Heres mine mounted:
p1068061_1.jpg

HTH,
Seth

gofastgeorge

Banned
Jan 24, 2008
Texas
Your right Seth,
After all, they will be easier to mount than my BBK was.
And after taking my BBK apart to make a custom throttle shaft,
I found (Yup, you guessed it) chinese bearings...........

That explains why BBK does not sell parts for them,
They don't make them :-((

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
price seems right. but sizing and not really true bolt on (ie work to make the TPS fit, not a true bolt on). That muich work involved, I rather go the Mustang TB route or even the Vette.

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
figgie;1068410 said:
price seems right. but sizing and not really true bolt on (ie work to make the TPS fit, not a true bolt on). That muich work involved, I rather go the Mustang TB route or even the Vette.

The Mustang and Vet are bolt ons?

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
AJ'S 88NA;1068416 said:
The Mustang and Vet are bolt ons?

the XO is NOT bolt on! That makes only one true bolt on TB and that is the OEM one!

Everything else that requires even 30 seconds of work to make it "work" is not a bolt on. With work involvled. The stang and vette TB are proven, 20 + years and counting as the 87-93 stangs have some of the biggest aftermarket TB choices in a hell of alot more sizes than one person would ever need.

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
figgie;1068427 said:
the XO is NOT bolt on! That makes only one true bolt on TB and that is the OEM one!

Everything else that requires even 30 seconds of work to make it "work" is not a bolt on. With work involvled. The stang and vette TB are proven, 20 + years and counting as the 87-93 stangs have some of the biggest aftermarket TB choices in a hell of alot more sizes than one person would ever need.
I relalize the XO is not a bolt on and like most aftermarket items for our 7m's have to be reworked to work. What I was asking if there has to be a adapter plate, TPS change, etc. The availablity of the Mustang TB, which means the price would be reasonable, how hard is it to adapt to the 7m.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
AJ'S 88NA;1068446 said:
I relalize the XO is not a bolt on and like most aftermarket items for our 7m's have to be reworked to work. What I was asking if there has to be a adapter plate, TPS change, etc. The availablity of the Mustang TB, which means the price would be reasonable, how hard is it to adapt to the 7m.

and that is where the stang stuff comes in nicely.

The 87-93 stang TB adapter plates are a plentiful.

http://www.rossmachineracing.com/tbplates.html

that is one company. There are many many many more. :)

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
AJ'S 88NA;1068634 said:
That's cool. What about TPS and linkage, any problems with making those work?

Lokar throttle cables for the pedal and tps...
well I will have to get specs for you but last I remember, it was a 10k ohm based variable resistor. Most TPS are like that save for the new DBW stuff.

FullNelson

Sep 17, 2007
Coastal Georgia
IIRC 90mm for a production based TB. For chevy atleast. Aftermarket I wouldnt know. Then again that is just automotive, and not industrial. i think a 6' TB would be FTW

simpsons7s

Its pronounced Nu-clear..
Oct 9, 2005
Riverside, Ca.
When do you think it gets restrictive? Is there a sizing rule of thumb such as if 550hp=64mm then 880hp=90mm. I think it also depends on your intercooler piping too because 64mm=2.51, if you have 3"in intercooler piping you would need a 77mm or larger to make sure there isn't a restriction. I forgot what size the stock one is.

I have been kind of looking at these XO2 as a good alternative. I would like to look at some more info and feedback on them. Even with slight modification.