WTF is up with all the MKIIIs getting stolen lately!?!?

sthmstr

May 29, 2008
Colorado
I bought my Supra about 2 years back. It had been sitting in an apartment parking lot for under a week before someone tried to break into it. They took a screwdriver or something and tried to wedge it under the door hadle/ lock panels on both sides. Obviously they got frustrated, then keyed the crap out of it and kicked 3 big dents on the driver's side. Bloody savages! Disgusting how low people will go as to steal a car.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Thats why I keep the ECU in my house, not in the car.

The car on jackstands behind a garage door with broken springs also helps.
Farking door is HEAVY, and will slam down loud (and could maim/kill someone).

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE;1297699 said:
put the cellphone in your car and install a mobile visual basic program that reads text messages and when it gets a certain text message title with a code in it have it dial 911 from the phone hidden in your car or even program it to page back the cell GPS or satalite GPS its better for prosecution to get GTA on a criminal record then attempted or vandalizm unlawful entry etc...

I'm happy to see i'm not the only one has thought of this. :D

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
OneJSupra;1297557 said:
No security alarm systems even the high-end ones can prevent your car from being jacked if they really want it.

That is very true... However, I think that time is the factor most people don't account for. It may take 15 minutes (usually more) to get the car to a safe place to strip, but if you have your lo-jack or whatever installed and can trip it in time, you will recover most of your vehicle.

Here's my logic:

1. Re-key the locks. I've thought of even using another manufacture's locks (maybe even domestic).
2. Alarm - Definitely don't just count on stock. Common sense.
3. GPS/Cell - I have battery backup and am hiding mine is a place where NO ONE would suspect or find very fast. I have disassembled/re-assembled mine and am positive that an alarm expert will not do the job I've done (without ALOT of $$). Hopefully it buys enough time to find it.
4. Notify everyone - As annoyong as it may be, I like the amber-alert system that the site has. Another Supra owner will spot a Supra and note mods, features, and other details. Hopefully they will login soon and be able to help find your baby.

mn_supra_boi

Sep 2, 2008
mn
man how the hell are these people stealing supras its so hard to get in its not like a honda or acura, shoot i wanna know i locked my keys in my car so many times i lost count

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
i was thinking the same and just had a talk with my friend about it.

I use a clutch lock, i have installed 3 cut off switches, and i'm installing an alarm and lo jack. I've spent alot in performance why not security. I'm going to install a secret camera in there too and try to set it up wirelessly and have it viewable via laptop/computer over the internet. I'll see how that pans out.

MA70witBoost

Registered Drifter
mn_supra_boi;1297787 said:
man how the hell are these people stealing supras its so hard to get in its not like a honda or acura, shoot i wanna know i locked my keys in my car so many times i lost count

Keeping a spare in your wallet helps... Also a killswitch to the fuel pump is better than one for the starter. Realize that the car can still be push started if its manual.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
MA70witBoost;1297891 said:
Keeping a spare in your wallet helps... Also a killswitch to the fuel pump is better than one for the starter. Realize that the car can still be push started if its manual.

thats why mine are to the ignition, that way itll crank, but not start. i want to hear the cranking as itll wake me up if they disable the alarm...

mn_supra_boi

Sep 2, 2008
mn
MA70witBoost;1297891 said:

right ill go get one made

Cycoclown

SHAAWING!!!
Jan 18, 2008
Vacaville, CA
www.myspace.com
I Agree, just last night i caught 2 little high schoolers checkin out my car. good thing i went out to smoke. ever since i have been reading all these threads im going to invest in an alarm.

a friend of mine got his 88 Accord stolen. i mean BIGGEST pile of shit was stolen. makes me nervous when i go to work.

PCguylovesSupra

Happy go lucky......
Jun 18, 2007
Southwest MI
It seems to me that once that FnF came out I was noticing more supras stolen. I have not seen it yet but if anyone has are there any mkIII in it?? Could be just a coincident. Have to look into a kill switch or something.

Justin727

T-virus infected
FnF didn't have any whoopdy doo supra in it this time..

Along with prices going up is due to demand. Guys our cars are being noticed more and more these days. Now that they are just be prepared for it to happen. Take measures to protect your investment...

I also have 3 alarm systems. Rot, German Shepard, and a Pincher w/ clipped ears and my indoor alarm my little Pom by the name of Treasure Williams

DigityD'87

Feb 27, 2008
Portsmouth, NH
Anyone seen the flame thrower they have in testing over in asia? Although I'm not certain how it works, I do know that it sits under the rocker panel and uses a small deisel fuel tank and ignites upward to burn the shit out the punk that just smashed your window etc.. It wouldn't be hard at all to come up with something like this. Maybe tasers insteed lol.:naughty:

jdma70

eat my boost
Jul 10, 2005
NC
wow this is insane.... i'll be going out of state too this weekend and i think i'm gonna take of my translator so that criminals wont be able to get my car functional... GL to you guys on the safety of your cars...

jdma70

eat my boost
Jul 10, 2005
NC
Cycoclown;1297978 said:
I Agree, just last night i caught 2 little high schoolers checkin out my car. good thing i went out to smoke. ever since i have been reading all these threads im going to invest in an alarm.

a friend of mine got his 88 Accord stolen. i mean BIGGEST pile of shit was stolen. makes me nervous when i go to work.

wow, thats why i like to drive my car to work... it also helps that i am married to a stay at home wife... and i told her that, if anyone does something unappropriately to the old Supie, the old lady knows where the shotgun is...

and yes, my bro-n-laws 87 honda accord got stolen too a couple yrs ago... and it was literally a POS.