WTF is Bitron 4 Real?

87Superdupra

May 28, 2006
North Bay Cali
So I watched the promo video for Bi-tron oil additive which is supposed to give you dual oil films and protect against friction during major stress. IT SOUNDS WAY TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Has anybody besides the creator used this shit? I'm all for fightin the friction but I'm sceptical. If this stuff is so revolutionary and has already sold $100mil why the hell isn't it being marketed mainstreamly. I bet $$$$$$$$$$$$ that this thing is a scam but If not lets hear some positive feedback from customers.

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
Hey 87,

If you're on Supraforums, you can PM gmacrae about it. Here's a thread with his feedback:http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=383055&page=2

"Off topic, but yea i got a bunch of bi-tron stuff recently, put some in my torsen diff (with redline h/d shockproof), and put some in the engine. There's a noticable difference in the engine. Cold starts are awesome, you can hear the difference. On cold start it immediately sounds like a warm engine, no slight valvetrain noise like i used to get. It also seems to have conditioned my valve seals up and they're not leaking like they used to (startup smoke). The bi-tron is actually thinner than the engine oil so it hasnt just thickened it up. Im very impressed so far" (We were talking about how the product might solve the oil-starved R154 thrust washer issue so many supra owners face)

Spaniard on SF did a CRAZY thing with a Porsche 944: (Don't try this!!)
"ZaZZn, i personally had to try the Bitron stuff cause it moved me and me being an engineering student. I just had to do some tests. I am running them now, but lets just say that our 200,000 miles Porsche 944 that was dying ran for over an hour without else and a Bitron additive. We turned off the car cause we got nervous about breaking the car inside the Aerodynamics lab and it would have created a mess. But this stuff made me skeptical and now seeing the science being it, I am amazed. All I know is that I'm sure as hell adding it to my Supra."
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4619671#post4619671

Also Don aka VanSupra on SF used to be a Bi-Tron distributor in the 90's. You could PM him also. smupra on SF has seen me do the test live and uses it in his Mk3. Tom at Kinetic Motorsports in Langley B.C. knows all about it too.

It is me in the videos, demonstrating the products. I'm just a distributor, I didn't invent the stuff. I was totally skeptical of the product so I bought that oil testing machine on eBay and made that series of videos so people could see how well it actually works.

I plan to apply as a vendor here and SF but I'm waiting to have a few Supra owners try the products, and have good feedback to say about it since the mods will likely be skeptical, like everyone is the first time :)

Just trying to offer the Supra community the ultimate lubrication technology available. I cringe every time I see a post of someone spinning another bearing, that may have been avoidable.

(P.S. It is marketed only through home-based businesses, not TV infomercials or auto-parts stores. That's how it has sold $100 mil. That TV show on my website is a spotlight on the company which is based in my city (Vancouver)

Cheers - Brad

Last edited:

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
I've gotta say I'm intrigued. For me it'll have to wait until I fix everything else.

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
I'll try to get some local supra owners on camera with their feedback, and make some more web videos like the ones on my site. I'd like to also dyno test the products on camera as well, just gotta find the right place/car.

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Dyno test will only be convincing if it's a before and after scenario, preferably also someone we know.

I'll be happy to do it!:naughty:

JMDigital

Authorized Vendor
Jun 2, 2006
Tampa, Florida
www.cardomain.com
This is interesting.. I used ZMAX on my old van and it did improve the gas mileage. I’m not sure about adding this BI-TRON to my supra.. I quickly looked at the website and it seems that a part of the site is geared towards MLM so we can sell the stuff. It was hard to get a total price of what it would cost for 1 car.

I will keep an eye out for more info. and if anyone does use it let us know. Who wants to be a gunni-pig???

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
I figure if it were that good Car makers would use inferior materials and spec that to make up the difference in longevity.
(wonder how many snakes they need per litre?)

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
IJ. said:
I figure if it were that good Car makers would use inferior materials and spec that to make up the difference in longevity.

yup. that and if it was that good, why don't the auto manufacturers or oil companies already put it in oil, etc.?

IJ. said:
(wonder how many snakes they need per litre?)

IIRC, it's 2 full snakes + 1 head/liter.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
For that genuinely Snakey goodness hmmmm doggie! yeehawww!
(I tried to watch the vid but only got half way through watching Cletus and his kin and felt ill>> "I bin a merkanik for 30 years and done got me a 30 puuucent increase in effishency")

Show me some tests done by a reputable lab under controlled conditions ....

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
if you're talking about the video with the guy wailing on the torque wrench, im with you, IJ. i <3 constants!

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
Marge_vs_the_Monorail.jpg

miekedmr

mkiii in hibernation
Jul 12, 2005
Upstate NY
yeah... it's all a bit shady. The feedback is very positive in an infomercial-esque way, and for some reason car manufacturers are oblivious to it, and so are exxon, castrol, etc... I think if theres anything good to put in oil, it would be mixed in with synthetics already. It's also funny that out of all of the guys doing hugely expensive engine builds, who bring all sorts of cool unusual stuff to the table, none of them have mentioned this additive.

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
Do you really think I faked all my positive eBay feedback? http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...Give me a break. You guys are not to cordial to a product that might help out the community. There are other methods of marketing other than TV, namely word of mouth, and that is how you are hearing about it now.

Here's a little conspiracy theory for you. The "big oil compines" know about this, but they only want to make oil that is approved by the SAE. Guess who that is? The Society of Automotive Engineers. The big auto companies make a HUGE percentage of their profits from residual OEM parts sales. Would they approve of a product that virtually eliminates wear? I doubt it. $$$ All these guys are quite happy with the status quo staying the way it is. (Mainly start-up wear slooowly killing engines and drivetrains so they fail after the manufaturer's warranty)

And it's not like I'm recruiting anyone, I just get tired of seeing so many spun bearing threads and I think I can help out. IJ: I'm surprised you haven't heard about it. It's rather popular in aussieland! http://www.bi-tronaustralia.com/

Relax and give it some time. There will soon be lots of Supra owner feedback. Spaniard (an engineering student in SF is apperently doing a full documentary on Bi-Tron. He ran a Porsche 944 with no oil for an hour and noted no additional wear, scuffing etc. http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4619671#post4619671"I will have a documentary on the whole set-up soon, but I am very professional about my work. So I am still editing video and compiling data for those of you who like to see the numbers that dont lie. I figured I would do it, cause I am impartial and I wanted to see if the people over at Bitron were just pulling our legs. But it fact this shit works oddly enough and I'll be honest as I always am, I was scared for this Porsche's motor. I was so sure of myself, I thought this damn thing was going to break. And sure enough, it stayed alive and running better than the way we received it with 200,000 miles."

Last edited:

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
can't wait on Spaniard's reports! i wasn't knocking it, it'd just be nice to see some full studies on it.

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
tekdeus said:
Do you really think I faked all my positive eBay feedback? http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...Give me a break. You guys are not to cordial to a product that might help out the community. There are other methods of marketing other than TV, namely word of mouth, and that is how you are hearing about it now.

Here's a little conspiracy theory for you. The "big oil compines" know about this, but they only want to make oil that is approved by the SAE. Guess who that is? The Society of Automotive Engineers. The big auto companies make a HUGE percentage of their profits from residual OEM parts sales. Would they approve of a product that virtually eliminates wear? I doubt it. $$$ All these guys are quite happy with the status quo staying the way it is. (Mainly start-up wear slooowly killing engines and drivetrains so they fail after the manufaturer's warranty)

And it's not like I'm recruiting anyone, I just get tired of seeing so many spun bearing threads and I think I can help out. IJ: I'm surprised you haven't heard about it. It's rather popular in aussieland! http://www.bi-tronaustralia.com/

Relax and give it some time. There will soon be lots of Supra owner feedback. Spaniard (an engineering student in SF is apperently doing a full documentary on Bi-Tron. He ran a Porsche 944 with no oil for an hour and noted no additional wear, scuffing etc. http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4619671#post4619671"I will have a documentary on the whole set-up soon, but I am very professional about my work. So I am still editing video and compiling data for those of you who like to see the numbers that dont lie. I figured I would do it, cause I am impartial and I wanted to see if the people over at Bitron were just pulling our legs. But it fact this shit works oddly enough and I'll be honest as I always am, I was scared for this Porsche's motor. I was so sure of myself, I thought this damn thing was going to break. And sure enough, it stayed alive and running better than the way we received it with 200,000 miles."

settle down.

just like you are entitled to pimp whatever product you like, we are entitled to be skeptical.

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
tekdeus said:
Skepticism is to be expected. I guess snakey and Cletus are words I'd rather not be called :)

i think you missed the point of IJ's and my exchange- we weren't calling you any of that. IJ was referring to the video and the "snake" references pertain to things like this commonly being called "snake oil"....

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
tekdeus said:
It is me in the videos, demonstrating the products. I'm just a distributor, I didn't invent the stuff. I was totally skeptical of the product so I bought that oil testing machine on eBay and made that series of videos so people could see how well it actually works.

I'm definitely curious about this stuff, what initially really made me skepticle is the fact that you're also selling marketing tools, making it seem like only a sales scheme