Wow this section is dead. Any other shooters here?

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
suprayo;2033065 said:
Have you ever tried to run a magnifier with the eotech? Been curious about those

The magnifier is awesome as long as it's not the main sight you use. If you do mostly CQB with the occasional long shot, EOTech w/magnifier is gonna work out awesome for ya. If you find yourself always taking long shots, it's just not the most optimal set up (I'd probably just get a Trijicon).

suprarx7nut;2033160 said:
Got my eye on a Sig p226 MK25-TB, but that's still probably a year off.

I have a 226 in .40S&W and love it, didn't clean it for over a year and put 200+ rounds a week through it before it misfired on me once. It's solid, accurate, and reliable. I've been nothing but happy with it since I bought it about 4 years ago

jetjock;2034248 said:
Guess again. Shoulder a Sig Brace at your own risk:

http://tinyurl.com/n43cedy

Frankly, I'm surprised it took so long...

I just saw an ATF memo the other day that said that the Sig brace was not being considered a stock. I personally think it shouldn't matter, but what do I know...

NAiL05

Jan 12, 2008
Texas
The side mount is pretty awesome. I run the one from RS regulate. It still holds zero after taking it on and off for the past few years.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
This is my newest and last for a while. The Glock 21 makes more sense, but what the hell.

P1070082%20-%20Copy.JPG

:edit: SN removed

Attachments

• P1070082.JPG
    P1070082.JPG
    278 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I've seen this thread a few times but I've never chimed in that I remember. I don't have a lot of guns but here is what I do have.

A Bulldog Pug .44 special
A .40 S&W
A Keltec .380
A Ruger .380
And a .25 something or other that my wife keeps in her purse.
I also have two .22 rifles that I squirrel hunt with. One is a ruger 10/22 break down and the other is a Remington Speedmaster.

If those sound wrong then they probably are but that's what I remember having......lol

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
I don't have anything special:

Ruger LCP with heavy duty recoil spring and stainless guide pin, Hogue grip.
Smith&Wesson M&P Shield .40

I love the .40

No pics because I'm boring.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
supranewbie;2034674 said:
Yeah, but the Glock's not nearly so pretty.

For anybody that has never shot nor read, the Glock 21 is actually a much better choice. It holds 13 rounds. It is the most reliable thing there is, provided you don't have a sissy wrist, and it won't ever accidentally discharge. You have to pull the trigger. And they have a polygonal barrel. But yeah, it isn't a 1911.

schmuckingham

Dec 12, 2014
OHIOWN
Nick M;2034810 said:
For anybody that has never shot nor read, the Glock 21 is actually a much better choice. It holds 13 rounds. It is the most reliable thing there is, provided you don't have a sissy wrist, and it won't ever accidentally discharge. You have to pull the trigger. And they have a polygonal barrel. But yeah, it isn't a 1911.

This is true but there are other options out there for a double stack .45 or 9mm in a 1911 slide. The 2011 guns from STI, Para and Rock Island are all super reliable choices for a double stack .45

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
supranewbie;2034882 said:
It definitely is, if you're buying for utility alone. They don't all have to be for work.

Call it whatever you want, the end of civilization as you know as Islam runs wild, zombies, or old fashioned combat, it is the best choice. Glock triggers suck, just like the colt trigger in the mass produced A2 rifle. But they work every time.

There's something about a 1911 that makes men (sissy wrists or not) want to own it.

The limp wrist is actually about the Glock, as that is the only way to get it to malfunction. The Glock has to malfunction, not the ammo. Or the very poor treatment. And it weighs much more for long term usage if it came to that.

But I also like the weight of the 1911, its 5 inch barrel, long slide, and steel frame. It makes it useful for pistol whipping. I mean that in a serious way. Sadly.

supranewbie

Mar 23, 2011
46°47.0'N 120°09.0'W
Nick. I agree. And I understood the limp wrist comment. I re-used it to make a point about the 1911. The first time I saw one I was in love. I was 7 years old and had fired no more than 3 guns; a double barrel 12 gauge, a lever action .30-30 and a single shot .22 rifle. But still I knew I had to have a 1911 some day. It didn't matter that I knew nothing about them. I think they are the most visually appealing handgun design ever conceived.
It's perfectly fine to buy something that works great and is beautiful instead of something that is ugly and perfect. I seriously doubt that the reason the zombies finally overrun you will be on account of you getting the 1911 instead of the G21. But I could be wrong. I think it's happened once before.
As for pistol whipping, we all run out of ammo eventually(if we live long enough).

supranewbie

Mar 23, 2011
46°47.0'N 120°09.0'W
schmuckingham;2034902 said:
This is true but there are other options out there for a double stack .45 or 9mm in a 1911 slide. The 2011 guns from STI, Para and Rock Island are all super reliable choices for a double stack .45
The PO Black Ops 14.45 is on my short list. Reliably fires 14 heavy rounds before you have to drop the magazine and it feels like it was tailored just for me. Of course you could buy two G21s for roughly the same amount of $.

schmuckingham

Dec 12, 2014
OHIOWN
supranewbie;2035015 said:
The PO Black Ops 14.45 is on my short list. Reliably fires 14 heavy rounds before you have to drop the magazine and it feels like it was tailored just for me. Of course you could buy two G21s for roughly the same amount of $.

but then you own two tupperware containers

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
OT in general has been dead for a long while....As for firearms...My wife and I love to shoot, and are planning on selling our house here in the next 6months and moving to the country for land and building a private range is on my list.

As far as guns:
DPMS AR-10 SASS
Ruger MINI 30
Colt AR-15
Norinco SKS
Ruger 10/22
Remington 870 Tact
RIA 1911
Glock 17
Sig P238

Nearly not enough for us...
and the famous Mosin...

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
SupraMario;2035132 said:
Colt AR-15

Make sure you do not get sucked into marketing phonies over the shitty 300 blackout.

When you go with an aftermarket AR-15 variant in an alternative caliber, the 6.8 SPC is the best choice. Specifically in a carbine. That is what the cartridge was developed for. AKA the 6.8 x 43.

Savage Arms said:
Some time ago, Savage announced it would be chambering the Model 10 Precision Carbine in 300 AAC Blackout. Since that time, we have tested many variants of this cartridge in various barrel lengths and rates of twist. This exhaustive testing left us quite unsatisfied with the accuracy we were able to get from the subsonic loads in this chambering. Accuracy with the lighter, faster loads in this caliber was actually quite good. But we believe the real value in this cartridge lies in the use of subsonic loads for suppressed rifles. Therefore we have decided to scrap the project.

It is our understanding that pushing these heavy, slow bullets presents challenges not found in typical loadings and that our experience is not unique. Subsequently, many in the industry have simply adopted a lower standard for accuracy for these subsonic loads. While this does seem reasonable and we don't criticize any in our industry that have taken this approach, it just won't work for Savage.

Our brand was built on accuracy and we are too protective of our reputation for building the most accurate factory rifles available. We would rather walk away from this opportunity than sell a product that requires an explanation.

schmuckingham

Dec 12, 2014
OHIOWN
Nick M;2035285 said:
Make sure you do not get sucked into marketing phonies over the shitty 300 blackout.

When you go with an aftermarket AR-15 variant in an alternative caliber, the 6.8 SPC is the best choice. Specifically in a carbine. That is what the cartridge was developed for. AKA the 6.8 x 43.

That round was made for short barrels PDW weapons an not really accuracy. It filled the gap between a 7.62x39 cartridge in an AR and A 5.56, stopping power was the name of the game. I try not to get sucked into any of the uncommon rounds, too hard to find and too expensive.