SevenMKIII

No more Supra no more fun
Jan 13, 2007
Central IL

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
im waiting for battery cost/effeciency to improve, then ill be building my own electric car, maybe an Ultima GTR-base? I love the Tesla Roadster, companies like that will really help gather positive media coverage of electric car...

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
Personally I'm not buying this carbon shortage stuff any more (to the extent its being played out to be). The racing industry has not slowed what-so-ever in producing tons of car bodies/chassis completely made from CF. I doubt they are buying bargain basement stuff either because of the strict safety standards for tubs/chassis.

Just my thoughts... I know this thread is about the Tesla, but its related.

speed

Gone. Email me.
May 27, 2006
not here
www.timduganphotography.com
There IS a shortage. The industry might not have "slowed down" but costs have gone way up. Over xmas I talked with my friend who does a lot of CF work, and his wholesale prices were up something like $20/yard from last year. Duane (upgradedsupra) has more direct involvement, he'd have more accurate figures

SevenMKIII

No more Supra no more fun
Jan 13, 2007
Central IL
Yea, plus they are only producing 1,000 per year as I found later. I guess I shouldn't have based it only on that, it seems to be a pretty cool car for an electric though. Some 6,100+ small lithium batteries to power it, and one moving part for the whole driveline ha.

-Chris

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
tesla is crap, there have been better proven cars for a while now...

the EV1 brought electric cars to masses, until GM stamped it out...

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
here's an idea make more plantes that make carbon fiber and give poeepl more jobs

wow i am freaking rocket sincetest

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Wills7MGTE said:
thats gay ricers still get thier fucking ricer hoods for thier shitbox 4 bangers at decent rates, I call B.S.

There not buying carbon fiber, its Fiber glass with a carbon fiber sticker.

vas85

SupraNut
Sep 29, 2006
Sydney, AU
SevenMKIII said:
Yea, plus they are only producing 1,000 per year as I found later. I guess I shouldn't have based it only on that, it seems to be a pretty cool car for an electric though. Some 6,100+ small lithium batteries to power it, and one moving part for the whole driveline ha.

-Chris

When you buy a rechargeable battery set... they say up to 1000 charges.... how will Electric cars fair in this respect... if you're charging every day... 3years and permanently dead battery? or expensive costs for a replacement...