Wiring up aftermarket guages

HommerSimpson

Dec 31, 2007
New Smyrna Beach Florida
IM finally geting around to wiring up guages this week.. all aftermarket stuf like stewert warner.. what Isues will i have and run into wiring up aftermarket guages like the gas guage and temp. ? I see lota resistors on the dash circut thing. what will i need to use of them ? if any ?

Any Info be nice.. thanks
Greg

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
What resistors are you speaking of? I havent seen the first resistor in the diagram or on the circuit board other than the guage itself. Since you are using aftermarket guages that negates all of that.

HommerSimpson

Dec 31, 2007
New Smyrna Beach Florida
Kckazdude;1344127 said:
What resistors are you speaking of? I havent seen the first resistor in the diagram or on the circuit board other than the guage itself. Since you are using aftermarket guages that negates all of that.

If you take the flexable circuit board of the back of the dash cluster there are several resistors... Im hunting my spare one to take pics... I was just wondering what they go to... If anyone new off top of there head and i didnt have to spend hrs tracing this stuf..

Thanks
Greg

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
what are you trying to do? mount the gauges in the factory cluster?

i just lifted the circuit film thing, drilled my holes, mounted the gauges, then put it back over the back of the gauges.

HommerSimpson

Dec 31, 2007
New Smyrna Beach Florida
kotu100;1344411 said:
what are you trying to do? mount the gauges in the factory cluster?

i just lifted the circuit film thing, drilled my holes, mounted the gauges, then put it back over the back of the gauges.

no

p1344428_1.jpg

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
wow.... kinda looks like a boat.

are you talkin about using the stock senders?

not sure exactly how the gas gauge would hook up, but temp gauges should come with their own sender, the resistances are probably different.

HommerSimpson

Dec 31, 2007
New Smyrna Beach Florida
kotu100;1344461 said:
wow.... kinda looks like a boat.

are you talkin about using the stock senders?

not sure exactly how the gas gauge would hook up, but temp gauges should come with their own sender, the resistances are probably different.

mainly gas guage...its a SW guage... what issue will i have using stock sender.. and the tack.. just wire in the wires for org tack ? temp guage i think i have a sender for it.. oil i have manual...

thats not the whole dash... theres lot more that goes with it.. just not on yet..

Thanks...

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
Dubya
Tee
Eff

Somehow I dont think the factory PCB for the guages is going to be your problem.
There are no resistors outside of the guages.